X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
    Wow, just wow. We're really unlucky.
    I think it has less to do with luck, and more with making stupid decisions.

And if the Rangers don't win today, I might just go on a rampage in Arlington.

Comment

• Shouldve never got rid of Folk. It was clear that he was still hurt last year. Why not go through TC with him and Beuhler and then if he's washed up, cut him after the PS?
      See below...

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      How was it a stupid decision?
      These are the things I don't get...Fans/Media are just sooooooo wishy washy.
      Folk was unreliable as hell 3/4ths of the season, but Jerry/Wade stuck with him, despite EVERYONE saying they should cut him, up until he nearly blew the Saints game. The media and most fans were calling for his head in the first few weeks of the season if I remember correctly.

They couldn't put him on IR without the league investigating it(I remember this being discussed a few places), so they had to cut him and try to sneak him back on the squad. Obviously the Jets picked him up, but Dallas did anything BUT give up on him. He was the most reliable kicker for a couple years before his injury, but it was obvious his confidence was shot...He was blaming everyone from the holder to the line up front. They even put Romo back as the holder, and he was still shanking 30 yarders. You can't go into the playoffs with a shaky kicker, and we did anyways...but the coaching staff's hand were forced w/ Folk.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post

But I do think it may be Phillips's last year in Dallas. A guy like Cowher or even Gruden could get you over the hump. You can't Fisher though! (I'ma lookin' at you D!)
        Are you sure Adams is going to bring back Fisher? Obviously, if you guys go on a great run it's likely, but some of the things I've read really points to Adams and Fisher really nearing the end.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• To be honest, i think the talent on the team is a bit exaggerated.

Skill position wise, it's one of the best in the league. The weapons are sick, great qb, great RB group, great OLBs.

But outside Ratliff, the dline is mediocre. The ILBs are good enough, but no playmakers. Outside of Jenkins, the DBs are mediocre.

And the oline is aged.

I still think its a very good team and I think its way too early to say Dallas is not making the playoffs, but I don't buy into the most talented team in the league talk. I think that's an exaggeration.

Comment

• I think that's a pretty good assestment, BBD.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              To be honest, i think the talent on the team is a bit exaggerated.

Skill position wise, it's one of the best in the league. The weapons are sick, great qb, great RB group, great OLBs.

But outside Ratliff, the dline is mediocre. The ILBs are good enough, but no playmakers. Outside of Jenkins, the DBs are mediocre.

And the oline is aged.

I still think its a very good team and I think its way too early to say Dallas is not making the playoffs, but I don't buy into the most talented team in the league talk. I think that's an exaggeration.
              Newman is playing like a pro-bowler, but yeah scandrick looks like ****, ball is TRASH, and Sensabuagh is J.A.G.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                I just wanted to say good game guys.

I know some of ya'll are hella frustrated, but saying your season is over is just ridiculous. You're 1-3, and those 3 losses were to teams that all now have winning records. And you competed in every one of them. It's not as if you just got steam rolled by the Rams or Lions.

When ya'll are on ya'lls game like you were against the Texans, you saw what you're able to do. You had some bad breaks and lost to 3 good teams. Keep your chin up and move on. You're not always gonna shoot yourselves in the foot or have crappy luck.

But I do think it may be Phillips's last year in Dallas. A guy like Cowher or even Gruden could get you over the hump. You can't Fisher though! (I'ma lookin' at you D!)

And sorry about the CJ star pose. Hope ya don't take it personal. (Lookin at you again D! Seriously? Career ending? Dang dude...)

Good luck on the rest of the season. The Titans already delt a loss to the Giants, so hopefully they'll notch L's on the Eagles and Skins for ya too. And thanks for puttin' the Texans in their place. ;)
                Just hella frustrated at the time. ;)

I'm sold that Cowher isn't a fit here and is more a want than a realistic possibility. I would LOVE Gruden though. He'd be perfect for this team. This offense needs to be in a WC system already. We have the prototype QB for it. We have the prototype WRs for it. We have the prototype TEs for it. It's got to be done! Gruden is also a player's coach, yet he's gonna be hard on your ass at the same time. Wade is too much of a player's coach that nobody respects him enough to be disciplined enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                  Nick Folk made a 50+ yarder just a minute ago. I really think Jerry regrets how that situation played out, and it's affecting his decision to replace Beuhler. Folk really made some BIG kicks for the Cowboys, got injured, and they were patient as hell with him til he showed his yips weren't going anywhere. Now look at him.....and we're still struggling to find a kicker.

There may be something to this curse everyones talking about.
                  There's one that got away. Kudo's to him for getting things right. When he was with us at the end he did some pretty unforgivable things. I can't really blame Jerry for letting him walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post

And if the Rangers don't win today, I might just go on a rampage in Arlington.
                    I might fly up there and join you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Just hella frustrated at the time. ;)

I'm sold that Cowher isn't a fit here and is more a want than a realistic possibility. I would LOVE Gruden though. He'd be perfect for this team. This offense needs to be in a WC system already. We have the prototype QB for it. We have the prototype WRs for it. We have the prototype TEs for it. It's got to be done! Gruden is also a player's coach, yet he's gonna be hard on your ass at the same time. Wade is too much of a player's coach that nobody respects him enough to be disciplined enough.
                      You really think Gruden is the answer?

I've always felt he was overrated.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Regarding Folk, we shoulda just put him on IR right? But kickers don't usually get that kind of respect or leeway.

Alan Ball is really terrible and holding this team back from potentially being close to an elite defense... with a few other minor improvements.

Leonard Davis was/is one of the worst FA signings from Jerry in recent memory. His brilliant performances are akin to him just robbing Jerry at gunpoint.
                        Last edited by dpl85; 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• You guys released Mike Hamlin.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            You guys released Mike Hamlin.
                            Which speaks to how bad not only he was but pretty much the entire 09 draft. Man you can't consistently win with drafting like that.

Comment

• Our safety situation is garbage...and I actually think Hamlin was the best of the backups, right now. The others, aside from a green AOA, project more as ST players. Hamlin at least could play the position. Not exactly shocking news, given that some didnt think he would make the team out of camp, but I didnt think we'd give up on him this early.

Not like I wanted him to be the future anyway...I want that ballhawk in the worst way. Hell, we could use two new starting safeties. I dont really have a problem with Sensy, he's just pretty average. And Ball is horrid.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                                Regarding Folk, we shoulda just put him on IR right? But kickers don't usually get that kind of respect or leeway.

Alan Ball is really terrible and holding this team back from potentially being close to an elite defense... with a few other minor improvements.

Leonard Davis was/is one of the worst FA signings from Jerry in recent memory. His brilliant performances are akin to him just robbing Jerry at gunpoint.
                                Well.... Davis wasn't always this bad. His decline has just been quite rapid.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information