This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpl85
    I admittedly don't watch much of Tech but how good of a run blocker could Ramirez be or any OL from Tech as they pass the ball on almost every single play.

I like the idea of Sidney Rice if he comes out but it wouldn't really address our biggest need and it would probably take him at least 2 years to really develop.

I don't like the idea of drafting a CB on the first day unless it's with the idea of moving him to FS. I think we're set at CB for the next several years, I think AG has at least 3-4 good years left in his tank. He's smart and takes care of his body, he could be a little like Darrell Green at least in terms of longevity.

Damn there's no trash talk from either side during Dallas Philly week, must be the Christmas/Holiday spirit.
    Well when they (Texas Tech) do run it, Shannon Woods is averaging 6.1 yards per carry so they are doing their job when he runs it. Also at least he is gaining experience in pass blocking which is said to be his weak point so he's probably getting better, and he's got great size and strength, the rest is fundementals which can be taught.

I also don't see how you can say Sidney Rice wouldn't fill a big need if we lose Terrell Owens? And I doubt it would take two to three years to develop him, I really don't understand that.

At FS I want Watkins! He will be fine...if anything Roy Williams is the liability in coverage. I think in the long run Parcells likes Watkins, and is working on developing him. A young cornerback could prepare us for the future while also providing much needed depth as Henry is wildly inconsistent and if someone like Newman were to get injured it would be BIG to have someone who could fill in behind him.

I heard Aaron Glenn wants to play 3-4 more years and that's great especially since he isn't playing every down I am sure he can, at corner as long as you don't lose a step you can play til your 40 but that still doesn't mean the Cowboys shouldn't add youth.

I noticed too that there is no trash talking, maybe everyone is waiting until Christmas Eve.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Kevin Burnett plus Roy Williams get you Shaun Rogers.

Take out Roy and throw in a late 1 with Burnett, that works too.

Marinelli wants a faster D that can hit. Look at the reach for Ernie Sims.

Rogers, Fergie and Canty plus Spears, Hatcher coming in on nickel replacing Fergie....

I like that D with either Ware or Carpenter coming of the edge blitz or Ayodele in the middle.

Lotta beef with three above average pass rushers.
      Ha! Are you kidding me? Take Roy out and put in who? Abram Elam? Start Watkins and Davis? No way that happens. When we already have problems at one safety, we won't take away the one good one we have. Roy is the only starter to the pro bowl we have. That idea is an absolute joke. Even if we throw in the first, we need that unless we make some big moves in FA. Plus, the cap wuld make it near impossible to trade Rogers.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• If I had my way, we go Ken Hamlin and Vince Manuwai in FA. That'll take care iof our two biggest needs before the draft even starts. Then we can trade down so we'll have two firsts next year, take Craig Davis, and then BPA from then on.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Staubach, if I thought Burnett plus Roy Williams get Rogers I would not hesitate.

Your evaluating Roy as thje 'only Pro Bowler' is really a joke. Roy is a perfect example of what is wrong with the voting. His best year was behind Darren Woodson and is living off his good PR and United Way commercials.

To boot, we have three SS who can play. Laugh all you want at Elam but he is a superior athlete that was recruited by the U, Florida State and Florida. Parrish and Davis are also SS.

We are way over loaded at SS and trading depth, particularly if people over value them, is a great way of improving the team.

Roy for a first, or a marquee DT, is a done deal for anyone with a football brain.

Like I said, Marinelli wants out of Rogers and all he wants is equal value back.

Burnett and Roy is value and helps both teams immediately and immensely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
            If I had my way, we go Ken Hamlin and Vince Manuwai in FA. That'll take care iof our two biggest needs before the draft even starts. Then we can trade down so we'll have two firsts next year, take Craig Davis, and then BPA from then on.
            While I like the idea it leaves us without something we most need to be an elite D -- a pass rush up the middle.

But combine that with a NT that can push in the pass rush and yeah -- trade a 2007 first for a first and second in 2008. 2008 draft will be something to behold.

Comment

If I had my way, we go Ken Hamlin and Vince Manuwai in FA. That'll take care iof our two biggest needs before the draft even starts. Then we can trade down so we'll have two firsts next year, take Craig Davis, and then BPA from then on.
              On the surface C. Davis looks great, 6-2 215lbs and 4.45 speed. Now I admit I haven't seen many of his games, but Scott writes that he shies away from contact and he wouldn't go into traffic for a catch. Now he also said Colombo is garbage so he could be wrong. So what can you tell us about him?

Comment

• So who are rooting for today in the Giants vs. Saints game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                  So who are we rooting for today in the Giants vs. Saints game?
                  Giants. We need the Saints to lose in order to be in position for the #2 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                    Originally posted by Staubach12
                    On the surface C. Davis looks great, 6-2 215lbs and 4.45 speed. Now I admit I haven't seen many of his games, but Scott writes that he shies away from contact and he wouldn't go into traffic for a catch. Now he also said Colombo is garbage so he could be wrong. So what can you tell us about him?
                    I'm not going to lie, I'm an LSU fan. So, I may be a bit biased but I've seen him a lot. I like him because he's explosive. We've got a young guy who's got good hands and quickness in Hurd, but he's not explosive. He can make the play and break it on a long pass or make a 5 yard gain into a 30 yard gain. He's also got good size, he's a good blocker and he's been fairly productive. I think the reason he hasn't been extremely productive is he's playing with Bowe. Bowe is only better because he's more polished. At times Davis will shy away from contact, but I think that that may just be a result of him not being extremely polished. Or not. That may be a concern. That's pointed out a lot because it's one of his only weaknesses. Almost like Leinart last year. His arm strength was average so everyone pointed that out. He was over-evaluated. About him not being polished won't need him to be great imediately, so he can learn for a year or two. His skill set comliments Hurd perfectly, so then we have our future at WR.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Staubach, if I thought Burnett plus Roy Williams get Rogers I would not hesitate.

Your evaluating Roy as thje 'only Pro Bowler' is really a joke. Roy is a perfect example of what is wrong with the voting. His best year was behind Darren Woodson and is living off his good PR and United Way commercials.

To boot, we have three SS who can play. Laugh all you want at Elam but he is a superior athlete that was recruited by the U, Florida State and Florida. Parrish and Davis are also SS.

We are way over loaded at SS and trading depth, particularly if people over value them, is a great way of improving the team.

Roy for a first, or a marquee DT, is a done deal for anyone with a football brain.

Like I said, Marinelli wants out of Rogers and all he wants is equal value back.

Burnett and Roy is value and helps both teams immediately and immensely.
                      Please, turn off Madden and join the rest of us in reality. Are you kidding me? Yeah, we can just stick in Elam and he'll do just as well as Roy, right? Roght? No. Sorry, that's just not going to happen.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by cowboysforever

Rogers, Fergie and Canty plus Spears, Hatcher coming in on nickel replacing Fergie....

I like that D with either Ware or Carpenter coming of the edge blitz or Ayodele in the middle.

Ha! Are you kidding me? Take Roy out and put in who? Abram Elam? Start Watkins and Davis? No way that happens. When we already have problems at one safety, we won't take away the one good one we have. Roy is the only starter to the pro bowl we have. That idea is an absolute joke. Even if we throw in the first, we need that unless we make some big moves in FA. Plus, the cap wuld make it near impossible to trade Rogers.
                        I have to agree with you here, trading RW is a very bad idea. We need Watkins to develop or get another ball hawking S to support the secondary. Once we do that, RW can play closer to the line of scrimmage again.

Comment

• Wow, lotta love for RW.

Hard for us to admit he is a bust as a top ten pick.

I guess that smile and the United Way commercials are too much to accept fact.

With that said, let me repeat, I am not saying RW is worse than Davis or Elam. I am saying Elam or Davis can be adequate SS if it means a DT of Rogers caliber who can also create pressure.

Roy is a good player but just that.

This sounds like the Eli lovers on the Giants board. Not much reasoning with them either. Hard to admit when a 'superstar' is just average.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod

I have to agree with you here, trading RW is a very bad idea. We need Watkins to develop or get another ball hawking S to support the secondary. Once we do that, RW can play closer to the line of scrimmage again.
                            Cap Room? Their is tons of cap room for every team in the NFL this year. That is a made up reason for not pursuing him.

Again, Burnett and Roy Williams for a dominant NT that can rush the passer is a SLAM DUNK.

Rogers. Book it as a legit rumor that he is shopped.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod

Cap Room? Their is tons of cap room for every team in the NFL this year. That is a made up reason for not pursuing him.

Again, Burnett and Roy Williams for a dominant NT that can rush the passer is a SLAM DUNK.

Rogers. Book it as a legit rumor that he is shopped.
                              Your crazy.
                              First why would we trade the face of our D? Roy is a very good player maybe not Hall of Famer yet but what is Shaun Rogers? A big Lineman who has never played in the 3-4, so we would be trading Roy and a guy who hasn't been playing much but we spent a second rounder on for a guy who has never played in the 3-4.

Until you can show me that Rogers would be more dominant then RW and Burnett on Special Teams then don't keep saying it would happen.

Ya every team would take Roy, does that not tell you that your completely wrong? If so many people want him then he obviously is very good.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Go Cowboys meet Cowboysforever, he's our resident fantasizer of ridiculous ideas. He's been trying to get rid of Roy for a weeks now, and we don't know why. He's also been trying to trade Bradie James for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information