Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quote:
    An NFL source said the Packers have had talks with the Dallas Cowboys about ďone ofĒ their running backs. The 1-4 Cowboys rotate Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and Marion Barber, and ESPNís Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that itís Barber that the Packers and Cowboys have discussed.
    Well, it sure as hell wasn't Felix b/c Jerry won't part with his fellow Razorback whom he handpicked in the draft (snubbing McFadden, lol) when they had 2 1st rd picks..... ah yes, (sigh) nostalgia for the good old days.

    Tell the Cheeseheads that Barber is still an effective 3rd down back who hasn't really lost a step from all the nagging injuries, still hits the hole hard & bounces away from plugged holes outside as good as any rookie RB in the league. Barber's asking price s/b no < a 2nd rounder & a player, preferably a RB not named Grant.

    Goddamned uppity Cheeseheads, who do they think they are :D ? Do they think Dallas has forgotten that they have to travel to Lambeau later this yr. Soooooo glad that trade din't happen, but Dallas will have unload one of the 3 RBs & reload a new RB in next yr's draft in any case, just my take....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paul View Post
      On one fateful night in Seattle back in 2007, there was a glimpse.
      Twas a good game, good game. Highlight of his career, sadly.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • LOL, and then he dropped a sure handed pick six in the 2nd quarter that surely would've put the game in our grasp.

        Microcosm of his career.

        Comment


        • Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

          I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Gimme Cullen Jenkins, AJ Hawk or Charles Woodson. :)
            Keep dreaming. ;).

            Hawk might have been an option before Barnett and Chillar got hurt. Even then, probbaly not.

            What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

            2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

              I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.
              BBD, what are your thoughts on the game? Not that it even matters for us anymore anymore.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                BBD, what are your thoughts on the game? Not that it even matters for us anymore anymore.
                This game or the one vs Minny?

                I thought the Minny game was poorly officiated and it cost the Cowboys, but the Cowboys also cost themselves with mistakes.

                This game, I think your defense matches up very well with our offense and I think our defense can contain your offense as well.

                Its gonna be a good old fashioned NFC East battle that will be close either way, whoever turns it over more loses.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

                  I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.
                  Well, his coverage hasn't been bad. In fact, he really hasn't been beat. He just reaches out and grabs guys when there really is no need to grab them. That's the frustrating part. It's not like he's gotten the penalties because he was so beat he had to grab someone to avoid a TD.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                  -Douglas MacArthur

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    This game or the one vs Minny?

                    I thought the Minny game was poorly officiated and it cost the Cowboys, but the Cowboys also cost themselves with mistakes.

                    This game, I think your defense matches up very well with our offense and I think our defense can contain your offense as well.

                    Its gonna be a good old fashioned NFC East battle that will be close either way, whoever turns it over more loses.
                    I meant monday night.

                    Comment


                    • I wish we would trade Barber before we release him in the off-season. A 4th rounder would make me giddy. It's not like we use him that much anymore anyway.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • Hmmmm Barber and Bradshaw.. I can see it now!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                          Hmmmm Barber and Bradshaw.. I can see it now!
                          I can't. Why on earth would you want Barber when you hate Jacobs so much? Barber is the same, arguably worse at this stage in his career.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I can't. Why on earth would you want Barber when you hate Jacobs so much? Barber is the same, arguably worse at this stage in his career.
                            I like Barber, the guy is like a battle tank which a skill set better than Jacobs. You have a skill set better than Jacobs! I am sure he could do a better job in getting yards with Bradshaw going first and annoying opposing defenses.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Mike Jenkins has really taken a step back this year. He's been very inconsistent.

                              I still think he has shutdown potential on any given Sunday. But he's having a down year.
                              Atrocious safety help.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Atrocious safety help.
                                D is right.

                                He's actually had to make plays that were not his responsiblity due to the poor safety play. The Knox play against Chi comes to mind.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                                -Douglas MacArthur

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information