This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Well if they are both off the board and we have the 8th pick, what are you doing?
    Brandon Harris, Tha U.

Comment

• Only thing with Harris is for some reason Dallas Fails to draft anyone from the U in a long time.

We have had some pretty good players fall into our laps from there and go right by us.

Just a thought.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ettdebut111410

I was really curious as to how Garrett would be a better HC than he was an OC, but from the description in this article, I have to say... I love all of it. I'm really liking the sound of the changes Garrett has made. This is the kind of HC I want!

Now turn over the OC reigns to someone else pls. :/

Does he have the balls to do that? Does he have the balls to get a new DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          Draft the highest rated 5-tech and laugh all the way to the bank.
          I agree. I like the way McCann can develop, and we've never had an impact DE yet in the 3-4. I really think we miss out on PP and probly Prince too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
            I agree. I like the way McCann can develop, and we've never had an impact DE yet in the 3-4. I really think we miss out on PP and probly Prince too.
            Just to play devil's advocate.. Answer me this. Who are the best 3-4 DEs in the game right now?

Comment

• To be honest, I couldn't tell you, but I don't think it's about stats either. A player like dareus can make a game changing play at any moment. Spears and igor don't.

Disclaimer: I'm only saying this if prince and PP are off the board. If one of them is still there, obviously roger goodell better be at the podium with 9 minutes left on our pick. (considering the NFL changed 1 round time to 10 minutes)

What else would you do? No value fits any needs at all.

Comment

• I love some of the 3-4 DE prospects this year. I think it's going to be one of the best year's ever for the position. But at the same time... if you look around the league... these guys just aren't major playmakers. Yeah, they're hella important. Don't get me wrong. But fact is, not many are taken with Top 10 picks of the draft. BECAUSE they aren't playmakers. I was in love with Chris Long as a prospect and he went high. Safe to say, that wasn't the best pick they could've made. Look at Tyson Jackson... Wanna bet the great Polian wants a redo? What did Polian do the following year? Eric Berry. Yeah, he learned his lesson.

Why not take a playmaker (like Jerry loves to do) and then address it later in the draft. It's deep. Get me Marvin Austin later in the draft. Dude is gonna wreak havoc in the NFL and he's gonna fall in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I love some of the 3-4 DE prospects this year. I think it's going to be one of the best year's ever for the position. But at the same time... if you look around the league... these guys just aren't major playmakers. Yeah, they're hella important. Don't get me wrong. But fact is, not many are taken with Top 10 picks of the draft. BECAUSE they aren't playmakers. I was in love with Chris Long as a prospect and he went high. Safe to say, that wasn't the best pick they could've made. Look at Tyson Jackson... Wanna bet the great Polian wants a redo? What did Polian do the following year? Eric Berry. Yeah, he learned his lesson.

Why not take a playmaker (like Jerry loves to do) and then address it later in the draft. It's deep. Get me Marvin Austin later in the draft. Dude is gonna wreak havoc in the NFL and he's gonna fall in the draft.
                  Just depends what is available. Let's just be hypothetical here.

We pick at #8. Both top rated CB's are gone and no OT or S prospect rates....where else do you go. WR talent will be good here but no. QB should have value here but no. Doesn't look like any LB should be here talent wise...maybe Ayers if he works out off the charts like rumored. Probably an edge rusher up here too. But breaking down the draft this early it looks like DL is going to be the best bang for your buck. If thats the case we either pick one or trade down. That said we've been biten by trading down recently I don't think it's a great approach. We should have a chance at an elite player if we are in the top 10. It's about adding the most talented players we can where we don't already have depth. With 3 FA 5-techs I think it'll be safe to say we can invest there. Also it's been blogged that we've been busy scouting the top DL in the country thus far...that should tell us something.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate.. Answer me this. Who are the best 3-4 DEs in the game right now?
                    Smith, Ngata and Dockett off the top of my head.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Get me Marvin Austin later in the draft.
                      Marvin Austin is terrible.

Comment

• D and Thule I think you guys both make great points.

You can get a 5 tech later in the draft, not alot of those guys are play-makers either. Obviously if you think your getting the next Ngata you take him but I don't know if we see a guy that talented or dominating yet. I also think that if we pick around 8 that's where your bang for your buck is.

Make a BB for the best draft prospects, top 15. ONLY positions you'll see are QB, WR, DE, CB. That's it. Anyone else and your probably reaching. I would love it if we could grab an ILB, can Hightower come out? Because we could really use one, but I'm still not trying to reach for a guy because we need that position.

If Prince is gone, we almost have to go with a DE, hopefully a disruptive one off the edge that can do it all, because I don't see another position that makes sense if your picking in that range.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• That's what I'm saying. If prince and PP are gone, there is no direction you can go but DE. You can't trade down, because no CB or OT are worth an picks above 20 after prince and PP, and that would just be a crazy value loss. You gotta take the best DL left.

There is no other way. Unless there is a stud ILB, but i don't see him right now..

Comment

• Ok, so I had a thought while reading all this talk about 5 Techs......

Does anyone have a list of teams in college (Even just FBS) that run the 3-4?

How about we take a guy that has been playing that position for 4 years instead of converting somebody that is going to take at least a year to learn the basics of the position.

Ok so basically I would like to se a list as I have looked and can't find one myself.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Virginia and Alabama off the top of my head, I would have to look around to find others. I think SCAR may be one of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                D and Thule I think you guys both make great points.

You can get a 5 tech later in the draft, not alot of those guys are play-makers either. Obviously if you think your getting the next Ngata you take him but I don't know if we see a guy that talented or dominating yet. I also think that if we pick around 8 that's where your bang for your buck is.

Make a BB for the best draft prospects, top 15. ONLY positions you'll see are QB, WR, DE, CB. That's it. Anyone else and your probably reaching. I would love it if we could grab an ILB, can Hightower come out? Because we could really use one, but I'm still not trying to reach for a guy because we need that position.

If Prince is gone, we almost have to go with a DE, hopefully a disruptive one off the edge that can do it all, because I don't see another position that makes sense if your picking in that range.

Actually the more I think about it, if we are picking 8th I want to try and trade up for Prince just to avoid taking a DE that high. I doubt he goes in the top 4 picks, I'd guess 5-8 range which is attainable.

Stephen Bowen is a beast, Igor does his job, and while people bring up Adrian Clayborn I don't think his best fit is in a 3-4 and the last thing we need is another JAG(Marcus Spears), playing DE for us, that we used a top 10 pick to get.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information