Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    After watching Dez's highlights so far... Terrell Thomas is Dez's ***** lol. That could help us in the future. I guarantee Thomas is hoping he never has to cover Dez again.
    Everyone is having trouble to cover Dez. There was one point in the game that was like 3rd and 13 and we ran like a 3 yard out with Witten, Kitna was saying "my bad" after. But my thought was that why didn't we just run a fade and lob it up to Dez?


    That's what you can do with a WR like him, a short 20 yard fade right lobbed up on the sideline, he's been unstoppable with that the last few weeks and it doesn't matter if he's covered.



    Also I don't know about anyone else but I'm worried about Romo getting in sync with him on those types of passes. He's never been good at that and someone correct me if I'm wrong. He was screwing up lob passes with Marty B, Roy Williams, and someone like Brad Johnson could come in and do it without any trouble.


    Romo seems to be a more in sync passer, finding open lanes, that's what he always does with his WR's and Witten. I have rarely seen him do very many jump ball situations, and I don't know how that's gonna work out. But I'm pretty sure Jerry is trying to get him back to get into a groove with Dez for next season to make sure he's worked in.





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • You are right in that aspect. Kitna's jump ball's have been perfect, I haven't really seen that from Romo.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        I agree 100%, he's rookie of the yr. as far as I'm concerned.

        He was the sparkplug they needed, more than compensated for the AOA return game suckage. An UDFA from SMU right there in Dallas, who'da thunk it?

        The easy p/o of the schdule is over, recess bel rings, back to school..... NOLA Saints on Thxgiving, then @ Indy who are riddled with injuries but you still have to deal with RoboQB's huge arm. And Philly twice, arrrgghh :/
        Wait what? Are you forgetting the one they call Dez? :)

        AOA in the return game was/is a bust. We need to move on. Hopefully, he turns into a nice back up Safety... anything more would be bonus.



        As for NOR on Thanksgiving.... I ALWAYS love our odds on Turkey Day. GO COWBOYS! If we're gonna start winning, then let's go all the way! If we're gonna start losing... then, let's lose all the way! hahaha.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          It makes a difference if you want to talk about averages in the NFL, but that's not what the conversation was... we were just talking about totals.

          Besides, I don't think you judge the player by conference. I think you judge them on their own merit.
          What you say makes some sense but the Conference does have an effect on the players.

          Big Ten, no one gives a crap who you are unless you are Desmond Howard. You are expected to go to classes and be normal as possible.

          SEC, it is one big party all 4 years being on the football team.

          If you value maturity, intelligence, hard work -- you have a better shot at the Big Ten then SEC. I also value the Big East schools and Pac-10.

          SEC gets the most talent -- no doubt -- but the conversion process is weak at best.

          Example ..... First Team AP All-Pro

          Offense: 5 Big Ten -- 1 Sec -- 0 ACC
          Defense: 1 Big Ten -- 2 SEC -- 4 ACC

          Second Team AP does not look much diff for the SEC. Lots of Big Ten, ACC, Coastal, and Big East.
          Last edited by baghdadbob; 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
            What you say makes some sense but the Conference does have an effect on the players.

            Big Ten, no one gives a crap who you are unless you are Desmond Howard. You are expected to go to classes and be normal as possible.

            SEC, it is one big party all 4 years being on the football team.

            If you value maturity, intelligence, hard work -- you have a better shot at the Big Ten then SEC. I also value the Big East schools and Pac-10.

            SEC gets the most talent -- no doubt -- but the conversion process is weak at best.
            Wrong, Its the same here only it gets Cold. The further south the more parties because it is warm and they do what they want. Here they just do the same stuff indoors. Sure they "Go to class" just like everyone else....

            I mean Terrelle Pryor doubt he has the grades your average student is required to have at OSU.

            SEC has a lot of guys that come out with problems, but so does everyone else. Vince Young in the Big 12, JaMarcus Russel in the SEC, Ryan Leaf in the Pac 10, Maurice Clarrett in the Big 10. Pryor is going to be my guess at the next Big 10 Flunk..... Point is, D1 athletes are catored (I feel like i'm spelling that wrong) to regardless. If your a stud on your team you get what you want and do what you want...


            Edit: Point being, don't just hate on the kids that make a smart choice and go to the South where it is warm and the women are in bikinis during class

            Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

            Comment


            • SEC is where the money's at, that's why players families push them down there. The partying and bitches are just the cherry on top.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                SEC is where the money's at, that's why players families push them down there. The partying and bitches are just the cherry on top.
                Amen, but that is exactly the type of player who usually does not make a good pro.

                Pro stands for Professional and if that is the world you are raised in ..... then what happens once you get a big contract?

                Comment


                • If you could take on right now for the next decade, Suh or Dez?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    If you could take on right now for the next decade, Suh or Dez?
                    I'm sure even the Cowboys fans here will say Suh... Most of them anyway.
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • There are always exceptions, so while I have I my own biases, I try not to let it completely fog my opinion on a player. When I hear people say, don't draft a player from x conference or x school, I always think ... gotta judge the player first. But I like to look at other factors for hints.... and what conference they come from is just another hint, not an absolute fact.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                        If you could take on right now for the next decade, Suh or Dez?
                        We run a 3-4, so it's not even a slight consideration for me. DEZ, DEZ, DEZ.

                        One that would be intriguing is... Dez or Berry/Thomas.

                        Comment


                        • I would take Ngata over any WR in the NFL easily without thinking twice, so that should answer the question for me. Any scheme too.





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            So... 9-7 will get us into the playoffs? :P
                            6 teams in the nfc already have 7 wins...so no

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
                              Amen, but that is exactly the type of player who usually does not make a good pro.

                              Pro stands for Professional and if that is the world you are raised in ..... then what happens once you get a big contract?
                              The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.
                              -William Arthur Ward

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I would take Ngata over any WR in the NFL easily without thinking twice, so that should answer the question for me. Any scheme too.
                                Hmm.... I probably would take Ngata too. ...but he's the extreme rare exception. ...and he wasn't in the same draft anyways. We've had 4...or is it 5 years to see Ngata play in the NFL. If you saw Dez after 4/5 years, you might not say Ngata. haha. But anyways... Suh is no Ngata. So gimme Dez over Suh.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information