X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
    Watching Iupati on the 49ers. Wow.

Any chance you think we can pick off either Watson or Branch from the 49ers?
    Watson and Branch play for the Cardinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Watson and Branch play for the Cardinals.
      Mis-type. My bad. Yeah Cardinals...

Comment

• I'm not sure where most of you guys stand on Garrett, but for me it would be a f****** nightmare if we won a few games in this final stretch and he got the job. I have zero faith in this guy after what I've seen from him as the OC the last few years, I mean come on he is a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But the more I think about it the more I see it happening. Garrett just seems like the type of puppet Jerry loves to have at HC, which is what has always doomed this team since he bought the team. We need that big named HC to shake this place up a little bit to let the players know we're not F'in around. If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. I was actually happy we blew the first half of the season because I thought it would mean getting rid of all the **** on this team. When a team tanks as bad as we did, you don't look for the solution in-house!! As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
        Cowboys Mock:
        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
          I'm not sure where most of you guys stand on Garrett, but for me it would be a f****** nightmare if we won a few games in this final stretch and he got the job. I have zero faith in this guy after what I've seen from him as the OC the last few years, I mean come on he is a laughing stock to the rest of the league. But the more I think about it the more I see it happening. Garrett just seems like the type of puppet Jerry loves to have at HC, which is what has always doomed this team since he bought the team. We need that big named HC to shake this place up a little bit to let the players know we're not F'in around. If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. I was actually happy we blew the first half of the season because I thought it would mean getting rid of all the **** on this team. When a team tanks as bad as we did, you don't look for the solution in-house!! As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
          Who would you rather have?

And Garrett seems like the furthest thing from a puppet. I think he's too smart and has too much dignity for that. Not to mention that his family has strong ties to the organization. I think Jerry has more respect for him and his family than to do that.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
            If Garrett stays it sends a message to the players that we're not ready to clean house yet and a 5-11 season is acceptable and we still have faith in the same staff that got us there. As far as I'm concerned Garrett has been just as much of the problem as Wade was and I will be extremely disappointed if he winds up being anything more than the interim coach for 2010.
            I'm not gonna say I'm sold on Garrett and still know he's been a huge problem, but I think your way off saying that it sends a message to the players that a 5-11 season is acceptable. Actually Garrett being a HC has sent a message to the players that they need to play hard for him, and honestly seem like they are trying to play to let him keep the job.

Keep in mind, winning just a "few games down the stretch" is by no means an easy task. Indy, Philly x2, those are tough games on top of how we played vs NO. Beating AZ & Detroit and surprising NYG wouldn't be enough to do it. If he beats Philly at least once, and Indy he deserves his props and his chance.

I wasn't a fan at all of his, but the man deserves a chance to be Head Coach if he comes up with those wins, especially with how quickly he's turned things around. Regardless of your feelings of him before I think it's only fair to grade him on a new slate as a Head Coach these past few weeks, so let's keep in mind he is out there with Kitna at QB and we have been nearly undefeated with him taking over so let's see how things go.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Ouch LL, your sigs have been brutal lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Ouch LL, your sigs have been brutal lately.
                He wore 1 for me in September for our 1st game, he beat me the 2nd 1 so this was for that. The prior 1 is only because we sig bet on Tony G vs J Finley so obviously I didn't get a fair chance to even win that one lol, but I think even he knews Finley was a much better TE in fantasy and would have been a better option all season. Nothing you can do but take it in stride.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  He wore 1 for me in September for our 1st game, he beat me the 2nd 1 so this was for that. The prior 1 is only because we sig bet on Tony G vs J Finley so obviously I didn't get a fair chance to even win that one lol, but I think even he knews Finley was a much better TE in fantasy and would have been a better option all season. Nothing you can do but take it in stride.
                  As an owner of Finley in both FF leagues that I'm apart of, I feel your pain bro. I feel your pain :(

In a Cowboys related note, I think its gone pretty unnoticed how well Free has been at LT. He's been lights out. One of the few bright spots to the season. He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).

Comment

As an owner of Finley in both FF leagues that I'm apart of, I feel your pain bro. I feel your pain :(

In a Cowboys related note, I think its gone pretty unnoticed how well Free has been at LT. He's been lights out. One of the few bright spots to the season. He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).
                    Yeah, he's had some rough patches in the beginning, but he's seemed to have worked his way through. It took him a while to get his chance, but I think the time learning/growing was a real benefit for him.

I wonder if Sam Young can follow that path. I hated Young as a draft prospect, but I have no clue where he's at currently as far as how much he's growing. This year is a learning year, no doubt. If he sticks with the team long enough, he might be able to be a serviceable player.

That said, I think we'll definitely be looking at RTs in the draft.

Comment

He's playing like the best LT in the East (doesn't really say much, but still).
                      Peters has been pretty good for Philly this year, but yeah, Free's definitely been better than expected.
                      Last edited by Sniper; 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        Who would you rather have?
                        Billick, Gruden, Cowher, Harbaugh, Rob Ryan, Herm Edwards, Mike Zimmer, Dom Capers, Todd Bowles, Kevin Gilbride, Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera, John Fox...

Garrett is not qualified whatsoever for the job, he has done nothing to prove he deserves this position outside of the fact that his family has ties with the Jones'. Any of the guys I listed above would be better candidates for us.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Garrett. Yea, he went to Princeton, so what? He was an awful offensive coordinator here and that is fact, I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else for any of us to believe in him as a successful HC.

Why would you not want to go ahead and grab a guy who has had success in the NFL? Are you ready to hand the keys over to Garrett and trust he can get us back to prominence when he has done nothing to prove so?
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I'm not gonna say I'm sold on Garrett and still know he's been a huge problem, but I think your way off saying that it sends a message to the players that a 5-11 season is acceptable. Actually Garrett being a HC has sent a message to the players that they need to play hard for him, and honestly seem like they are trying to play to let him keep the job.

Keep in mind, winning just a "few games down the stretch" is by no means an easy task. Indy, Philly x2, those are tough games on top of how we played vs NO. Beating AZ & Detroit and surprising NYG wouldn't be enough to do it. If he beats Philly at least once, and Indy he deserves his props and his chance.

I wasn't a fan at all of his, but the man deserves a chance to be Head Coach if he comes up with those wins, especially with how quickly he's turned things around. Regardless of your feelings of him before I think it's only fair to grade him on a new slate as a Head Coach these past few weeks, so let's keep in mind he is out there with Kitna at QB and we have been nearly undefeated with him taking over so let's see how things go.
                          I don't know if the players are playing for him or if they are playing to keep their own jobs. Jerry sent a message by firing Wade that he is willing to make moves on guys who aren't performing. IMO they're playing to look out for themselves.

I don't know how you just overlook his shortcomings as an OC because that is all we have to base the decision on. Indy got routed by SD last night, a win over them is not as impressive as it would of been last year, they are not the same team. And we beat Philly 3 times last year, I know they are a different team with Vick but is it really that impressive if we pull out 1 of 2 against them? I just don't see how that should give him the job.
                          Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Gilbride and Capers...gross.

And Herm Edwards is one of the most overrated coaches ever. **** in the playoffs and like 20+ games under .500 for his career.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Gilbride and Capers...gross.

And Herm Edwards is one of the most overrated coaches ever. **** in the playoffs and like 20+ games under .500 for his career.
                              They also have much more experience than Garrett. JG has done nothing to gain my support or trust as a successful HC candidate.

I would love Rob Ryan here.
                              Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Gilbride and Capers...gross.

I'd laugh so hard if you guys took Gilbride off our hands.

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Peters has been pretty good for Philly this year, but yeah, Free's definitely been better than expected.
                                I think Peters has improved in comparison to last year, but he's still not what Philly expected. Let's not forget either, when Vick became starter, he's helped out Peters immensely.

For the most part, I'd say Peters has been a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information