This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team State

I am sad for Dez, but I would rather get these win instead of losing...u start losing and than of a sudden loses are accepted. I think Garrett is doing a good job in turning things around.

As for the injury to Dez....as long as he sits back and grasps the playbook bettter he will continue to become the elite WR that we want. Remember WR don't come into their own until the 2 to 3 year.

As for our draft position......we are still going to have the chance to have a good solid player..maybe not a top 3, but we can still get a top CB and or a top DT.....

Nick Farley will fall......................

How about Green or Julio Jones.....

Comment

• Our very own future Brian Urlacher. :D

Comment

• The only reason I'm mad is that if it weren't for a Roy Williams fumble we would be 4-0 under the Red Baron!

And with freaking John Kitna at QB!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by baghdadbob View Post
          I watched Leonard Davis today and he might be the worst OL in the NFL.
          It is certainly a toss up between him and Colombo.

Thoughts on the game:

It's time to stop the excuses for Felix Jones. It was obvious the difference in effort between him and TC yesterday. Felix just doesn't run hard. I would call him a bust for the fact he was a 1st round pick, 1st round RBs are supposed to be top of the line. I am so disappointed in him, and don't give me he hasn't had blocking. He's had plenty of opportunities where he got to the second level untouched yet he failed to make a man miss. Choice needs to be the man, he runs with that tenacity Barber did a few years ago except he's a better talent.

Roy Williams sure gets a lot of flack from Cowboys fans because it's easy to hate him. I'm not saying he'll ever be our #1 wideout but he has been awfully good this season. His stats aren't great bc he's our 5th option, but he really makes the most of his opportunites and is a savvy vet. I for one hope he sticks around next year, for a pay cut of course.

Jenkins continues to look B-list. Another disappointment from the 08 draft.

Dougie got a little abused yesterday, granted it was against Freeney, but he looked like he didn't even belong on the field with him. What grade would you guys give him through 12 weeks now? I'm not so sure he'll be the great LT we need, serviceable doesn't get it done on the left side.

McBriar is a beast.

I love Jon Kitna's tenacity, I hope he sticks around as well. He's a great personality for this team.

Miles missed on 2 big opportunites yesterday and I'm starting to get worried we made the mistake of rewarding him to quickly with a big contract. He doesn't have the natural skills of a great WR (hands, body control), he is just really big and really fast.

Already commented on Choice, but yea, he needs to be the featured back. He's been very patient these last 3 years and we know what he can do, let's feed him these last 4 games.

I'm more comfortable with Sean Lee in there over Brooking, and that's not just an overreaction from yesterday. It's such a difference in coverage and he actually makes plays behind the LOS. He does a superb job of shedding blocks and diagnosing plays, he made a few "wow" plays outside of the INTs yesterday.

It's no secret I am one of the biggest Garrett doubters here, in fact the thought of him being HC in 2011 causes me to wake from my sleep in a cold sweat, but 3-1 is pretty impressive. I have no idea how this guy collects wins because he certainly makes a lot of head-scratching decisions, but you can't argue that this team is completely different since he's taken over. I'm not ready to crown him (and from the sound of it neither is Jerry http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-to-prais.html ) but the thought is not as outrageous as it was 4 weeks ago. Plus, I enjoy having a good laugh over those Garrett/Landry joke photos that get posted around the site.

EDIT: and as far as our draft position, there are certainly enough talented players where we'll be able to grab a good one. Top 15 isn't top 5, but it still gives us a shot a landing an elite player who slides or gets overlooked. I got my eyes on Brandon Harris.
          Last edited by TheFinisher; 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM.
          Cowboys Mock:
          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I think you're a bit hard on Felix. I'm disappointed too, but I thought he ran fairly hard. There were several times he ran up in there and pushed the pile forward. I'm torn because I think he needs to lose 10lbs to regain some more expolsiveness, but that weight also helps him with those additional carries.

I think we will be just fine next year with Felix and TC.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Choice is the best back on this team and the only preventing him for starting is Felix's draft status and Barber's contract. Everytime he gets an oppurtunity he produces. His rookie year against the best defenses in the game is the best I've seen a Cowboys running back perform for quite sometime. I never liked the Felix pick and watching backs picked after him perform so well ticks me off because the RB class was so deep and we could've grabbed a safety like Kenny Phillips like I wanted at that time. Obviously 20/20 hindsight we'd grab Chris Johnson lol. With that said great win and we only move down 1 spot in the draft to #8. If we beat philly this week that Romo play is going to really piss me off because we might run the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post

Dougie got a little abused yesterday, granted it was against Freeney, but he looked like he didn't even belong on the field with him. What grade would you guys give him through 12 weeks now? I'm not so sure he'll be the great LT we need, serviceable doesn't get it done on the left side.
                This was the only part I didn't agree with. Free has been GREAT all season, he has held Peppers, Orakpo, Jared Allen, and a ton of other elite pass rushers to no sacks and he did it with little to no help. He had a bad game, but Freeney abuses most LT's in the league every single week. I think what we have seen all season from Free showed us he'll be a great LT, not just one game. No way I would change my opinion to think he's just average because of one game.

I'd give him an A-. He's been about as good as can be. I have seen the Colts play 3-4 times this season and Freeney has done that type of work week in and out. Line him up against Jake Long and Joe Thomas and I bet you it looks exactly the same.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by romo4prez415 View Post
                  Choice is the best back on this team and the only preventing him for starting is Felix's draft status and Barber's contract. Everytime he gets an oppurtunity he produces. His rookie year against the best defenses in the game is the best I've seen a Cowboys running back perform for quite sometime. I never liked the Felix pick and watching backs picked after him perform so well ticks me off because the RB class was so deep and we could've grabbed a safety like Kenny Phillips like I wanted at that time. Obviously 20/20 hindsight we'd grab Chris Johnson lol. With that said great win and we only move down 1 spot in the draft to #8. If we beat philly this week that Romo play is going to really piss me off because we might run the table.

I'm over the hindsight, Felix can be as good as any of those backs in the draft if he drops his weight down to where it was. I don't think we got a bust or a terrible RB, but it's ridiculous Choice has been getting so little carries this season. I don't know what more the dude has to do.

Which is why it astonishes me people in this forum were surprised we were trying to get Barber out of here. Those post were only some pages back, I want to bump a few of them when I was telling D and a few other people that Choice could do everything Barber can do except better.

Comment

• Im thinking of picking up Choice, in FF.

Should I? How long is Barber out for?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Im thinking of picking up Choice, in FF.

Should I? How long is Barber out for?
                      Time was to get him before the game lol, I got him as a FA Sunday morning. TC is a fantasy playoff savior, he won me many championships 2 seasons ago, this year could be the same thing so I'm starting him.

Barber was scheduled out 2 weeks, which usually ends up 3. If Choice plays hot 2 more weeks Barber won't come back with a bigger role. He was sucking terribly before, now he's injured and will come back rusty, I doubt he takes over much.

Barber was averaging 3.5 all season, I saw a stat where if you took away his 20 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 plays it only moved up to 3.7, dude is finished. I know the Colts run D is terrible but damn.

Definately get Choice, he's money this time of year, and he is playing so hard right now to prove he needs to be out there. He's hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        This was the only part I didn't agree with. Free has been GREAT all season, he has held Peppers, Orakpo, Jared Allen, and a ton of other elite pass rushers to no sacks and he did it with little to no help. He had a bad game, but Freeney abuses most LT's in the league every single week. I think what we have seen all season from Free showed us he'll be a great LT, not just one game. No way I would change my opinion to think he's just average because of one game.

I'd give him an A-. He's been about as good as can be. I have seen the Colts play 3-4 times this season and Freeney has done that type of work week in and out. Line him up against Jake Long and Joe Thomas and I bet you it looks exactly the same.
                        Got to agree with LL there, you didnt hear Freeney's name called a lot in the game. Free is a definite keeper who's earned his place at the table.

And another Colt exploited was their TE Jacob Tamme who was leading the NFL among TEs since 11/1 -- Sean Lee was on him & Manning had tunnel vision there so he failed to see wide open Reggie Wayne & went to Tamme, result: Santa Claus came early with 2 giftwrapped INTs, although one was tipped. We've found Brooking's replacement & a budding star at ILB in Lee.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Got to agree with LL there, you didnt hear Freeney's name called a lot in the game. Free is a definite keeper who's earned his place at the table.

And another Colt exploited was their TE Jacob Tamme who was leading the NFL among TEs since 11/1 -- Sean Lee was on him & Manning had tunnel vision there so he failed to see wide open Reggie Wayne & went to Tamme, result: Santa Claus came early with 2 giftwrapped INTs, although one was tipped. We've found Brooking's replacement & a budding star at ILB in Lee.
                          Maybe I just watched Free on the plays he got beat, I could be wrong. However if we have a shot at a tier 1 LT i dont think he stops us from pulling the trigger being we know he can be a real good RT too. It's time to get some blue chip lineman.
                          Cowboys Mock:
                          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I would have given it some thought but we picked a bad year to be sorry and find a LT. Last year was the 1 for that, hell even most of the few years before. This year? Your not gonna see a LT go in the 1st round and even if there were I don't know that I'd want to be moving Free around back and forth like that.

Just off the top of my head, I think Sherrod and Castonzo(sp?) are the only tackles worth a 1st round pick IMO, both are fringe top 20 players but should be on the Right side and are considered to be solid, not elite guys. If there was a dominant LT like Andre Smith, or Eugene Monroe I'd give it some thought, but it's a bad year for them.

Besides as ****** as Columbo has been which is quite embarassing, I'd be fine with Sherrod if we kept winning. In fact were starting to play into his range. The right side of our line is an embarassment, which is even more of a testament to how well Kitna has played.

Comment

• Well, good win! How do we like Coach Garrett now? Your team looks like a completely different team now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                                Well, good win! How do we like Coach Garrett now? Your team looks like a completely different team now!
                                We love Garrett the HC, but am anxiously awaiting the announcement that you are our next OC. I'm sure you'd be an instant improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information