X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Poet3334
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Leonard Davis at Guard ..... hmmm ... can he move his feet?

Last I checked he was 380lbs and consider lazy.

Texas guy though.
    I like Eric Steinbach with Cincinatti. He's a real mauler.
    Yeah but given Cincy's Line problems ya think they are going to let a guy go who can play Guard and Tackle??????

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Originally posted by Poet3334
      Originally posted by cowboysforever
      Leonard Davis at Guard ..... hmmm ... can he move his feet?

Last I checked he was 380lbs and consider lazy.

Texas guy though.
      I like Eric Steinbach with Cincinatti. He's a real mauler.
      Yeah but given Cincy's Line problems ya think they are going to let a guy go who can play Guard and Tackle??????
      The good news for the Cowboys this year is I think they are drafting from strength. We don't need a lot but we do need quality.

I can see us trading some of those second day picks (we have two NO picks I think) and moving up in the 2nd and 3rd round.

But Guard is one spot we are in desperate need of quality right now.

Comment

• Sad part of the Guard situation is we have spent way too much in FA last two seasons on mediocre output.

Comment

Sad part of the Guard situation is we have spent way too much in FA last two seasons on mediocre output.
          I agree Kosier we over paid for and Rivera was past his prime.

Comment

• If you bring in Adalius Thomas
            What happens to?Ellis?Carpenter?Burnett?

Comment

• Originally posted by jetBLACK08
              If you bring in Adalius Thomas
              Thats pretty simple Burnett stays in Nickel. Carpenter hasn't impressed me enough to start anyway so he stays as a primary backup. Ellis who has been a liabilty in coverage gets traded or cut. A team like Denver would love Ellis.

Comment

I would like as many playmakers as possible. I do think Ellis would probably be moved somewhere else.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                  Originally posted by jetBLACK08
                  I would like as many playmakers as possible. I do think Ellis would probably be moved somewhere else.
                  Ellis is very important to this team. He is a proven Pass Rusher. He is a leader. I do not want him to leave.

If only the Cowboys could utlize both the 4-3 and the 3-4 on certain situations

Comment

• heres another article on the 4-3

Look for the Cowboys to use a 4-3 scheme with DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson and either Jason Hatcher or Kenyon Coleman up front.

Brace yourself for this, but a longtime scout told me recently that Coleman might be the second-best pressure player after Ware now that Ellis is out.

Hatcher's made great strides, but he's still not a technically sound player.

In the 4-3 scheme, which would basically be a modification to the current nickel package, Bobby Carpenter, Bradie James and Akin Ayodele would probably start at linebacker.

Parcells has indicated that the light has finally come on for Carpenter, who wasn't even suiting up earlier this season.

Parcells has always preferred trying to win one-on-one battles rather than relying on the blitz. And after watching this team attempt to blitz the Eagles last Monday, I don't think that will change.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                      heres another article on the 4-3

Look for the Cowboys to use a 4-3 scheme with DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson and either Jason Hatcher or Kenyon Coleman up front.

Brace yourself for this, but a longtime scout told me recently that Coleman might be the second-best pressure player after Ware now that Ellis is out.

Hatcher's made great strides, but he's still not a technically sound player.

In the 4-3 scheme, which would basically be a modification to the current nickel package, Bobby Carpenter, Bradie James and Akin Ayodele would probably start at linebacker.

Parcells has indicated that the light has finally come on for Carpenter, who wasn't even suiting up earlier this season.

Parcells has always preferred trying to win one-on-one battles rather than relying on the blitz. And after watching this team attempt to blitz the Eagles last Monday, I don't think that will change.
                      on passing downs I'd like to see Ware and Carpenter has ends and Spears and Hatcher as the tackles. This would leave Burnett in coverage who is actually pretty good in coverage better than the other linebackers.

Comment

My Mock for what it is worth with the following assumptions. BP stays. TO goes. 3-4 Stays. Combine changes everything. Julius Jones and Kevin Burnett being traded for a 2 and 3 pick -- these guys need to go somewhere they are needed and can start. Either Spears or Canty will be moved inside. Watkins becomes starting FS. We have an extra 5 from NO I think>

1> Quentin Moses (OLB)
                        2a> Ben Grubbs (OG)
                        2b> Levi Brown (OT)
                        3a> Lorenzo Booker (TB)
                        3b> Ryan Moore (WR)
                        4> Jordan Palmer (QB)
                        5> Brandon Meriweather (CB/S)
                        5> Marquice Cole (CB)
                        6> Steve Breaston (WR)
                        7> Justin Medlock (K)

My strategic emphasis, by the way, is bringing speed to the team while getting the OL rebuilt.
                        I really don't think you realize what it takes to be a 3-4 NT. You just can't plug players in...Spears could maybe hold up 30 plays a game at NT...but Canty has the wrong build altogther...some things you say are just so off the wall.

Then you go even further to predict trades and trade values....You can't just do that. Thats like saying we are gonna trade tony romo and ellis to get the first overall pick and draft quinn...just not realistic things to predict at all. I mean the draft is hard enough let alone FA and trades...try to get a little bit more realistic man.

I also believe we lost our 5th in the watkins trade with philly last year.

Brown is going to be a top 40 pick...so I think your crazy if you think he's available in the late 20's in the second round.

I believe I was the first person to be on Bookers bandwagon solid pick and value...might be a bit early but not sure tell post combine.

Way early on Moore he won't be a first day pick...hard to invest a first round pick on someone who has had so many problems. If he's available in the 6th...which he should be then I wouldn't be scared to try him.

Meriweather sadly won't be there in the 5th. No matter how undisipline he has been at the U....his talent will cause him to be a first day pick...someone will take a chance on him.

Comment

Well Burnett would continue to backup Ware and Start in the nickel...and contribute in special teams.

Carp I have a feeling will develop in the Nickle like training camp...and likely backup ILB behind Adoyle.

Ellis is the real wild card. Would parcells really do that to a guy who has done everything for him. He is virtually free for us...he has a really low cap number so he definately is tradeable/cuttable. It will be interesting to see what happens with this situation.

Thomas is a great option for a veteran on the outside. I really would like this signing...it'll be interesting to see what the ravens do.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
                            Originally posted by thule
                            Don't forget about a guy who is really putting in his work down in San Fransico. I don't know how many of you were around about 3 months ago...but Mike Singletary was another name who just makes a lot of sense for us. However he doesn't have the Parcells ties so IDK.
                            Is Singletary a 3-4 guy? I don't see too many 49ers games so I'm not sure what their scheme is. He spent most of his playing career in the 46 defense.
                            Well SF runs a 4-3...but its more due to the problem or them not having the players to play the 3-4 then actually wanting to play the 4-3. Singletary has some 3-4 coaching experience...and I just love how he gets the most out of his players. I think I may be a year ahead of myself tho...

Comment

• If Crennel is available, I say We pursue him GREATLY.

Comment

• Thank God the desperation mode has gone down. Finally we're starting to look for answers instead of whining about them.

Anybody agree with me that Pepper Johnson may be another good guy to pick up if he's available? Used to be a player under Parcells if I remember correctly...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information