This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
    Instead of being cute, and trying to be to smart for your own good you should try reading my post. You must have missed the part where I said this group isn't a bunch of world beaters, but they can turn into a solid defense with some good coaching.
    True. I did read over it without much consideration. I'm boiling in anger. It happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      Check this quote from Bryan Broaddus on Josh Brent's camp so far:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ng-tyron-smith

Supposedly he's been beasting it up in camp. I don't want to get my hopes up but if he can become that true nose-plug in the middle I think we'll see a big time difference in our run defense. Ratliff has regressed in the run game and it showed last year.
      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
      I know we're supposedly set at NT with Ratliff and don't want to move him, but Aubrayo Franklin is still out there and doesn't want to go back to SF. I'm just saying, I'd be just as happy with him as I would have been with Cullen Jenkins. He gives us that dominant true NT to stuff the run and let our ILBs run free. He's a big reason why Willis has been so dominant.
      Nah. Josh Brent is gonna break out in a big way next year.
      YEEEEAAAAH!

The best thing I heard there was Ratliff being moved around along the DL.

HOLY HELL!!! WE FINALLLY HAVE A DC THAT "GET'S IT!!!!"

This excites me more than any FA DE we could've signed. OH oh.... Does Jerry have a plan afterall???

Brent getting more time at NT... Ratliff getting time at DE.... Being more fresh in the 4th quarter.... Now THIS sounds like wisdom!!!!

THANK YOU ROB RYAN!!!

edit: But remember... even if Brent has promise... right now Gurode is out, so it's not like he's dominating any world beaters.
      Last edited by D-Unit; 08-03-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Report is that were $3.7 mi over the cap, no wonder we've made no sig moves

Comment

• Only because the league year starts tomorrow(hopefully...CBA has to be ratified). They didn't restructure any contracts...romo/ware/austin/etc because they'd be held out of practice until the new league year.

They'll be plenty under the cap once that happens....although I think they shouldn't overdo it and forward that towards the 2012 cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
            Barbie Carpenter signs with the Lions...thank God it wasn't us
            No matter how much you hated him -- the third down D was better with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
              Speaks more to the weakness of the D, than the strength of the player. It's not a mystery why the Rams let him go. The Lions will find out soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                I don't think you can necessarily attribute that solely to Barbie.

Comment

• Star Telegram reporting that 'Boys have narrowed their safety targets down to Elam and Pool.

Cowboys working on two options at safety: Abe Elam and Brodney Pool

Now that the Cowboys have strong safety Gerald Sensabaugh back on team, they are now focusing on adding a free safety.

Abe Elam is the first choice because of his experience playing in Rob Ryan's defense the past two years with the Cleveland Browns. The Cowboys have had discussions with him and plan on talking his agent Drew Rosenhaus today.

The key is finding a deal within the Cowboys budget

They have other options if doesn't work out with Elam. One is former Oklahoma safety Brodney Pool, a seven-year veteran who started 12 games last year with the Jets.

-- Clarence E. Hill Jr
                  Originally posted by D-Unit
                  I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• espn_macmahon: Terence Newman walks of the practice field holding his right groin. [via Twitter] Lovely....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• espn_macmahon: RT @JennyVrentas: RT @LisaZimmerman The Jets are re-signing Brodney Pool, according to sources. Terms to come

And more good news...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                        espn_macmahon: RT @JennyVrentas: RT @LisaZimmerman The Jets are re-signing Brodney Pool, according to sources. Terms to come

And more good news...
                        Elam it is....

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                          espn_macmahon: Terence Newman walks of the practice field holding his right groin. [via Twitter] Lovely....
                          LOL. That's an $11M dollar groin right there.

Comment

• Well, you can officially add me to the "worried about the secondary" list.

Thanks t.new...give you a little faith and here you go and pull a groin or worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                              Well, you can officially add me to the "worried about the secondary" list.

Thanks t.new...give you a little faith and here you go and pull a groin or worse.
                              I bet Newman's agent is behind this...

First he sends Nnamdi to the Eagles so his other client Newman isn't cut by the Cowboys. Now this...

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                LOL. That's an $11M dollar groin right there.
                                Our cuts list was right on the money, just wish we had some half decent depth so he could have been on it as well. He's been done, just a way over priced average player. Even if Jenkins and Scandrick play at a very high level were still in trouble.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information