Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurd wasnt cut. lol. Leave that man out of this. :) They actually wanted him back.

Speaking of Carter...Saw we put him on the non-football injury list. So he has to miss 6 weeks. It's for the best anyway, opens up a roster spot and gives him a lot more time to heal up. Not surprised that it'll be a redshirt year for him. Even if they pan out. (Carter/Lee) Please dont make a habit of drafting injured talent. I dont want this to become one of our draft trends.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
      The GM stinks.
      The expectation is for our offensive weaponry to carry us, but they won't even fly if the OL is inept. We needed stop gap solutions, even if we did love our young guys and they did perform well in practice and preseason games. Hell, that's what Kosier is anyways. Oh and btw, our only real vet is changing positions too. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Hurd wasnt cut. lol. Leave that man out of this. :) They actually wanted him back.

Speaking of Carter...Saw we put him on the non-football injury list. So he has to miss 6 weeks. It's for the best anyway, opens up a roster spot and gives him a lot more time to heal up. Not surprised that it'll be a redshirt year for him. Even if they pan out. (Carter/Lee) Please dont make a habit of drafting injured talent. I dont want this to become one of our draft trends.
        I just can't convince myself that Carter is as good as his draft spot. The decision to draft him will haunt us.

Comment

• I like Carter...I just hope he heals up.

I honestly dont know what to think of Lee yet, really. The fact that Brooking is even still around is ridiculous.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I like Carter...I just hope he heals up.

I honestly dont know what to think of Lee yet, really. The fact that Brooking is even still around is ridiculous.
            Lee really just needs to perform. He's been relatively invisible this preason, except on that missed tackle where McGahee clowned him.

Comment

• Well....I think Carter is going to be a STUD...complete and utter stud.....like...10 year starter...3 time pro bowler type stud. Basically...his career will mimic Keith Brookings. I think he's that type of player, hard nosed, gritty...leader...I hope at least...him and Lee can be what we build around.

We'll be replacing Spencer next year though, and Demarcus Ware will be hitting his downswing in the next year or two....This doesn't even factor in the line and secondary. I hope to god Scandrick and Jenkins makes that leap...and we go DL/Safety heavy in the draft...

Comment

• Butler may very well replace Spencer, if Anthony doesnt wake up. Spencer has made some plays this preseason, but Butler has been a man possessed. Based on performance...Butler should actually start, he's just the superior pass rusher.

As for Ware...I wouldnt count on him slowing down anytime soon. 34 OLBs last a long time. And Ware is a freak of nature.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I understand Gurode refused to restructure, but if he goes to another team and they play him at Guard, I think he could beast it up. I would've been interested in seeing that move here.
                  I think gurodes days of 'beasting out' are over. Just don't think his body will allow it anymore.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                    Well....I think Carter is going to be a STUD...complete and utter stud.....like...10 year starter...3 time pro bowler type stud. Basically...his career will mimic Keith Brookings. I think he's that type of player, hard nosed, gritty...leader...I hope at least...him and Lee can be what we build around.

We'll be replacing Spencer next year though, and Demarcus Ware will be hitting his downswing in the next year or two....This doesn't even factor in the line and secondary. I hope to god Scandrick and Jenkins makes that leap...and we go DL/Safety heavy in the draft...
                    I hope you're right about Carter. What makes you so jacked up about him anyways? I want to feel that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I think gurodes days of 'beasting out' are over. Just don't think his body will allow it anymore.
                      We'll see. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Comment

• Something I've been thinking about is now that we're knee deep in a youth movement upfront (not to mention it's only a matter of time before this defense is completely gutted), how many years away are we from being contenders again. There seems to be a generational gap between the core guys of the team. I guess it's due to some rough drafts between 05-10, but the way I see it guys like Romo, Witten, Newman (obviously) will be past their primes by the time we have a serious contender again. The future of this team and next chance at a superbowl starts with the '10 class IMO.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Well....I should probably rephrase...basically we're about to hit the downslope of the core of players we have...We have some Ring of Honor players on our team, and the primes of Witten/Ware are coming to a end...

The end of Romo is what I consider the end of Witten/Ware, it's a shame Parcells retired when he did:(, and Jerry chose Wade..pisses me off to no end actually...I think Romo's actually on a short leash. That's why I really don't consider this oline revamping as "rebuilding"...Rebuilding is what we did after Troy retired..I don't think Jerry or Garrett will go through not having a franchise QB again, and if Romo doesn't get it done in the next 2-3 years or so...we may be having a quarterback controversy on her hands, and finding that franchise QB could undoubtedly waste the remaining great years for players like Ware.
                          Last edited by FreshBoy!; 08-30-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I hope you're right about Carter. What makes you so jacked up about him anyways? I want to feel that way.
                            Lol you accused me of being a homer earlier in reference to the o-line.
                            I didn't agree.

You can now accuse me of being a homer with this.
                            With Carter...he's just my pet cat...I think he's just a football player from everything I've seen. His measurables aren't off the chart, but he's got a nose for the ball, and is consistently in a position to make a play. I hope with a year of NFL strength and conditioning that he comes out like gangbusters next year.
                            Last edited by FreshBoy!; 08-30-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Romo on a short leash? No chance.

But the offensive line decisions certainly lend themselves toward rebuild. Our team has a really odd make up.

The offensive skill position players = win now

Offensive line = win later

Defense = Win now, in theory...but they may not be any good

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Romo on a short leash? No chance.
                                You think 2 more seasons of 6-10 or 8-8 will have Romo going into the 2014 season without competition? Really?

I don't know if I see that...Have you seen the Cowboys fanbase turn on a player? There's already a small faction that wants to get rid of Romo....
                                Last edited by FreshBoy!; 08-30-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information