This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Modano
    This board was the best place to talk about the Cowboys since a couple of weeks ago.. Now every pages there are 5-6 post of cowboysforever" saying eveytime the same borig things..
    It's not Braide James that sucks, right now is this board that sucks...
    C'mon man. Just ignore what he says.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz
      ya know i thought TO had a small chance of coming back, but when TO dropped that first slant pass and the crowd booed him, there's no way. he needs attention and affection and he's not getting it in big d. he even made a great one handed catch on a short crossing pattern, and not even a cheer. it's like randy galloway is in the stands everywhere. disappointing, because i think he helped the offense a lot. 2 1000 yd wrs and a 1000 yd rb.

with more time in the 3-4, maybe a better coach hopefully they get better and cut down on the mistakes and allow for more exotic things. nice to see carpenter playing well. just needs to get stronger in the offseason. imagine carpenter playing great, and having ellis in for a pass rush. then they draft a FS. this defense could really become dominant as it was hoped. then get another G for rivera, and suddenly the run game works. magic

next week's game should be fun. seahawks missing their cbs, dallas having no pass defense. a nice high scoring playoff game. dallas def seems to have had good success stopping alexander. i think roy williams can intimidate stevens. but the trio of wrs worries me. they're all fast guys and anthony henry will get torched.
      I like this matchup. It has shootout written all over it and this is probably our best chance to win in the playoffs, unless we get the Bears and Grossman plays horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
        Originally posted by cowboyz
        ya know i thought TO had a small chance of coming back, but when TO dropped that first slant pass and the crowd booed him, there's no way. he needs attention and affection and he's not getting it in big d. he even made a great one handed catch on a short crossing pattern, and not even a cheer. it's like randy galloway is in the stands everywhere. disappointing, because i think he helped the offense a lot. 2 1000 yd wrs and a 1000 yd rb.

with more time in the 3-4, maybe a better coach hopefully they get better and cut down on the mistakes and allow for more exotic things. nice to see carpenter playing well. just needs to get stronger in the offseason. imagine carpenter playing great, and having ellis in for a pass rush. then they draft a FS. this defense could really become dominant as it was hoped. then get another G for rivera, and suddenly the run game works. magic

next week's game should be fun. seahawks missing their cbs, dallas having no pass defense. a nice high scoring playoff game. dallas def seems to have had good success stopping alexander. i think roy williams can intimidate stevens. but the trio of wrs worries me. they're all fast guys and anthony henry will get torched.
        I like this matchup. It has shootout written all over it and this is probably our best chance to win in the playoffs, unless we get the Bears and Grossman plays horrible.
        Doubt it. I see our defense rebounding in the post season. Its CRUNCH time.

Comment

• I was thinking about posting yesterday but I was too depressed. Now that I'm semi-over the loss (it didn't even matter really) I'm gonna try to stay positive. I think that we match up really well against the Seahawks and to tell you the truth I'd rather play them than the Giants.
          Breakdown of the Game:
          -We're on the road, even though it is in Seattle, we suck at home. Our O-line has been pretty disciplined this season.

-Their DBacks vs. our recievers. Their secondary is banged up and can't cover well when they're healthy. I doubt that they can stop all our weapons. If Romo can go back to playing mistake free and not forcing the ball, he should have a field day.

-I really can't give any positives about our running game. I can't predict anything. It is that bad right now. That said, Barber played without JJ last year against Seattle and got 95 yards, averaging 4.3 YPC. That probably means nothing right now, but hey, just throwing it out there.

-We are physical and usually good against the run. I think we can take Alexander out of the game and make Hasselbeck beat us. I'm hoping that Zimmer can make some adjustments so we can actually stop the pass.

-Their O-Line is much worse than last years. They are averaging 4.0 YPC this year, down from 4.7 last year. We SHUT DOWN Alexander last year, holding him to 2.9 YPC, even though we lost.

-Seattle has allowed the third highest yards per Kickoff return in the NFC.
          The way Austin has been running, when he can hold on to the ball, I can see us getting good field position off kickoffs all day.

-Seattle has been sacked the second most times in the NFC. This SHOULD mean that we could get some pressure on the QB, but even though we did get a bunch of sacks on Kitna, towards the end of the game we couldn't come close to him. I'm hoping that we can consistently get pressure on Hasselbeck.

-Seattle has the third most giveaways in the NFC. Hopefully we can come away with some. And hopefully Romo doesn't pull a Bledsoe repeat of last year and give them any gamechangers.

-Even though our record does not indicate it, I think basically everyone here would agree that we are better this year than last year. Last year Bledsoe GAVE THEM the game. We outplayed them and were in a position to either win or force overtime. Remember, that game was IN SEATTLE. Their team is WORSE than last years, in almost every aspect. Ours WAS better a couple of weeks ago. We NEED to revert back to midseason, mid "romomentum" form. If we can do that, a victory should be relatively easy to come by.

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingMonkey
            Dang, the past 4 pages are depressing here, guys.

I didn't get the chance to watch the game (nor have I seen highlights yet,) but just reading through cowboysforever's bs for several pages has me wanting to just avoid the site through the Playoffs. :P

Bradie James and the ILBs aren't fast, but everything I've read here talks about how the ILB's are responsible for stopping the Run and don't necessarily require great speed.

Roy may indeed be a liability in coverage, but since we worked past that his first season+ when we actually had Woody (as in Woodson, not Dantzler) back there with him I'm still going to have hope that we can find the complimentary player to reach that point again. It may never happen while he's still in his prime, but such is the NFL is it not?

I just can't believe we went from 6-5 to 9-5 on such a great tear just to drop 2 in a row, and look so pathetic.
            ILBs in the 3-4 are VER VERY responsible for the pass coverage. The fool who says otherwsie is just that.

Look at San Diego for Primer on running 3-4 correctly. ILB's are 30 lbs lighter than the OLB, quicker and faster. Pittsburgh too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
              This board was the best place to talk about the Cowboys since a couple of weeks ago.. Now every pages there are 5-6 post of cowboysforever" saying eveytime the same borig things..
              Yeah, I guess Terence Newman was referring to Fergie getting abused? Maybe Ware?

Who the F do you think he was talking about??

Talking sense here makes no sense. You guys love the players and blame everything on the coaches.

Comment

• Round 1

I am not a big poster, but read most of them.

1st thing...... I think we are either going to pay very good against Seattle and win or get our A....wuped..................

Here are 8 players who will might have a shot at.....Who would be best and who might not be avaible.. Opinions..please

Reggie Nielson....S ...I think Davis is out.....
                Landry......S....People wanted him last year if he would have come back
                Lynch..RB... a reach...but maybe j.jones traded for a 3....JJ...hasn't shown much....
                Jarrett...WR...wide card..I like him, but would we go WR in round 1...if they release TO..it is possible
                Griffith....S Could he tamdem with Williams?
                Tyle...DT....Solid..but not spectular position....???
                Brown or Blalock.............OL help.....

Anybody now our Salary Cap forcast for next year....any site were all players salaries are shown and cap relief if we cut

Comment

• Excellent article by Dave Moore in the DMN on what is wrong with the Cowboys D from an XOXO perspective.

He has player quotes which goes to some the points I am making about both D coaching and speed level in the middle of the field.

Comment

• Re: Round 1

Originally posted by chrlopez1

1st thing...... I think we are either going to pay very good against Seattle and win or get our A....wuped..................

Here are 8 players who will might have a shot at.....Who would be best and who might not be avaible.. Opinions..please

Lynch..RB... a reach...but maybe j.jones traded for a 3....JJ...hasn't shown much....
                    Jarrett...WR...wide card..I like him, but would we go WR in round 1...if they release TO..it is possible

Anybody now our Salary Cap forcast for next year....any site were all players salaries are shown and cap relief if we cut
                    To the folks who keep chirping about spending two draft choices on two guards in 1 and 2 (Blalock and Ramirez) -- I would like to point out that bashing me about contracts and "what we can't do" I would like to point out there is no position on the field the Cowboys have OVER SPENT MORE ON than Guard.

So you say can't trade/cut Bradie but you are going to invest more on Guards (Kosier, RIvera, Blalock, Ramirez, Proctor) then on the entire Offense minus TO.

Nice. Practical. Where are the board geniuses now?

Comment

• Re: Round 1

Originally posted by chrlopez1

Depending on the Juniors, almost all of those guys will be round late 1 to 2. So, practical list.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                        This is the sort of day that makes it hard to be a fan. I have never felt more helpless or lost than I have over the last 4 weeks, watching a previously dominant defense turn into a turnstile. Absolutely, unbelievably, and totally heart-rending.

There's not much to take heart in, and it's easy to point the finger and say "this must go, that must go, he sucks, they need to do this"...but the plain fact here is that we aren't qualified to make that kind of declaration, because we don't know enough of the specifics. All we can really say for sure is that something has to change, or we will never stand a chance to compete. That is the truth, as BP would say.

The problem I have with jack-asses coming on here and starting to put people's heads on the chopping block is that they don't hold any accountablility for their ideas.

Say we did get rid of all those people, and then their replacements sucked, and they went elsewhere and started playing at a Pro Bowl level somewhere else, the person who was advocating such a measure would not be here on the board saying "I'm an idiot, don't ever listen to me again, I was so off on the last one that I shouldn't ever be able to give commentary on this type of thing again". No, they would just move on to the next knee-jerk reaction and stupid rush-to-judgement commentary.

Bradie, Roy, Julius, Spears, Canty, Ayodele, Rivera, Kosier, and others all played at a very high level at some point or another during this season. The thing that needs to be determined is what were the prevailing factors in the times when they performed well, and what were they in the times when they performed badly. Next, it needs to be determined if there is a course of action that can be take to assure that they will be put in a favorable enough position to where they can perform at that high of a level on a consistent basis. Only then can it be determined whether or not one or all of them should be gotten rid of.

I know the easy route here is to call for a house-cleaning, to blow the whole thing up and start over, or to axe the people that played the most prominent role in us fallinga apart like this, but that is not the answer. Remember my analogy from the other day, about the 2004 Seattle Seahawks. This is exactly how they looked that year. Unimpressive, uninspired, and ultimately lacking what was needed to compete at a high level. The next year, they come out like gang-busters and dominate the conference. Please, try to be reasonable. And above all, don't p!ss people off by spewing all over the board.
                        Seattle played over its head in 2005 and this season is proof enuff. So did Pitt. Also, let us also not forget the miracle wins Seattle had in 2005 which gave them home field. They beat the Giants and Dallas on pure luck and good kicker.

Comment

• Ok......but give me your opinion

Hey,

I am a realist too.....so tell me what u think...maybe i miss it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                            Originally posted by Modano
                            Yeah, I guess Terence Newman was referring to Fergie getting abused? Maybe Ware?

Talking sense here makes no sense. You guys love the players and blame everything on the coaches.
                            If other teams pick you apart one week (let's just say for example against the Saints) and you come out and run pretty much the same scheme the next week and the same things happen (zone getting picked apart 2 weeks in a row) then there is something wrong with the coaches, not the players. The coaches need to do something to correct that.

And I'm tired of seeing Bill Parcells give up and not try to get the team to bond together and pick up the intensity.

We all know what our players' weaknesses are: Roy struggles in coverage, Henry's confidence is low, Watkins is inexperienced and has a tendency to give up the deep ball...that's just in the secondary. If I know that, the coaches should too, and do something to change that. The players are going to have trouble changing that week to week.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
                              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              This is the sort of day that makes it hard to be a fan. I have never felt more helpless or lost than I have over the last 4 weeks, watching a previously dominant defense turn into a turnstile. Absolutely, unbelievably, and totally heart-rending.

There's not much to take heart in, and it's easy to point the finger and say "this must go, that must go, he sucks, they need to do this"...but the plain fact here is that we aren't qualified to make that kind of declaration, because we don't know enough of the specifics. All we can really say for sure is that something has to change, or we will never stand a chance to compete. That is the truth, as BP would say.

The problem I have with jack-asses coming on here and starting to put people's heads on the chopping block is that they don't hold any accountablility for their ideas.

Say we did get rid of all those people, and then their replacements sucked, and they went elsewhere and started playing at a Pro Bowl level somewhere else, the person who was advocating such a measure would not be here on the board saying "I'm an idiot, don't ever listen to me again, I was so off on the last one that I shouldn't ever be able to give commentary on this type of thing again". No, they would just move on to the next knee-jerk reaction and stupid rush-to-judgement commentary.

Bradie, Roy, Julius, Spears, Canty, Ayodele, Rivera, Kosier, and others all played at a very high level at some point or another during this season. The thing that needs to be determined is what were the prevailing factors in the times when they performed well, and what were they in the times when they performed badly. Next, it needs to be determined if there is a course of action that can be take to assure that they will be put in a favorable enough position to where they can perform at that high of a level on a consistent basis. Only then can it be determined whether or not one or all of them should be gotten rid of.

I know the easy route here is to call for a house-cleaning, to blow the whole thing up and start over, or to axe the people that played the most prominent role in us fallinga apart like this, but that is not the answer. Remember my analogy from the other day, about the 2004 Seattle Seahawks. This is exactly how they looked that year. Unimpressive, uninspired, and ultimately lacking what was needed to compete at a high level. The next year, they come out like gang-busters and dominate the conference. Please, try to be reasonable. And above all, don't p!ss people off by spewing all over the board.
                              Seattle played over its head in 2005 and this season is proof enuff. So did Pitt. Also, let us also not forget the miracle wins Seattle had in 2005 which gave them home field. They beat the Giants and Dallas on pure luck and good kicker.
                              ALSO DMW, sometimes you gotta trade a player somewhere in spite of their promise for lots of reasons, scheme, position back log, bad chemistry with coaches.......

Need I say Jimmy Smith? Antonio Bryant? We have Julius and Burnett on our roster. Both are talented and could be stars but elsewhere with new coaches.

Burnett is underutilized in the 3-4 and Julius needs to run behind a power line.

Put Burnett in New York GMen and Julius in Jacksonville and I gaurantee near pro bowl seasons.

Put Burnett in New England and Julius in Denver and they fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Originally posted by Modano

If other teams pick you apart one week (let's just say for example against the Saints) and you come out and run pretty much the same scheme the next week and the same things happen (zone getting picked apart 2 weeks in a row) then there is something wrong with the coaches, not the players. The coaches need to do something to correct that.

And I'm tired of seeing Bill Parcells give up and not try to get the team to bond together and pick up the intensity.

We all know what our players' weaknesses are: Roy struggles in coverage, Henry's confidence is low, Watkins is inexperienced and has a tendency to give up the deep ball...that's just in the secondary. If I know that, the coaches should too, and do something to change that. The players are going to have trouble changing that week to week.
                                Read Moore's article on the DMN. Excellent. Gives you all the data to make your own conclusion. Plenty of reasons for the break downs including coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information