• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
    What are your thought on Dez?

Here is a new Dez Bryant.

Bryant's strange antics look destined to burn Cowboys
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...o-burn-cowboys
    Frankly, I think the article is BS.

There has not been a single beat reporter mention a single word about Dez's 'antics'. In fact, all reports are that Dez has improved in the areas of being on time for meetings, etc. He still has a ways to go but all indications are that he is much better than last season.

I agree that he was being a bit of a drama queen, but I think that's a far cry from being a problem with his teammates. It's funny how sideline behavior is characterized based on the player. If Witten comes to the sidelines throws his helmet and yells, he's being a leader and most likely lauded and having as passion and leadership. Dez does it and he's problem.

The dude is immature, no question. But there's a pretty big gulf IMO from being immature and not knowing how channel that passion and being a bad guy. Dez is not a bad guy.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I also think you need to remember, as a backdrop, this kid's upbringing.

I know lots of folks had a tough childhood, but not many can say their mom was on crack and a hooker and his dad was her pimp.

I'm pulling for the kid because I think he should get some props for being in the position he is.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        Frankly, I think the article is BS.

There has not been a single beat reporter mention a single word about Dez's 'antics'. In fact, all reports are that Dez has improved in the areas of being on time for meetings, etc. He still has a ways to go but all indications are that he is much better than last season.

I agree that he was being a bit of a drama queen, but I think that's a far cry from being a problem with his teammates. It's funny how sideline behavior is characterized based on the player. If Witten comes to the sidelines throws his helmet and yells, he's being a leader and most likely lauded and having as passion and leadership. Dez does it and he's problem.

The dude is immature, no question. But there's a pretty big gulf IMO from being immature and not knowing how channel that passion and being a bad guy. Dez is not a bad guy.

I remember that because Shockey used to do that, lol. I had good seats and I would see Shockey go up and down and do stuff like that.

Do you think he will mature or be like a Burress, at age 34 and still be immature?

Comment

• That article is complete garbage lol. Dez is fine.

That guy must be an Oklahoma fan or a fan of a different team in the NFC East. Or just plain stupid. I can't believe I just wasted time reading the article lol.

Did that guy really take time out of his day to write that? He was pacing on the sideline... Really?

How did that get published?

Edit: As for the thing about him maturing or being like Burress.. There is one thing different about Dez that people forget. HE LOVES FOOTBALL. It is his entire life. The kid will be fine.
          Last edited by CDCB14; 11-01-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I remember that because Shockey used to do that, lol. I had good seats and I would see Shockey go up and down and do stuff like that.

Do you think he will mature or be like a Burress, at age 34 and still be immature?
            Remains to be see. I certainly hope so because the guy has a chance to be truly unstoppable.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

What are your thought on Dez?

Here is a new Dez Bryant.

Bryant's strange antics look destined to burn Cowboys
              http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...o-burn-cowboys
              That's nothing compared to my own antics that I was doing in my living room as I was watching the game collapse! hahaha.

If every single Cowboys player was as passionate about changing the way the game was being played, then we would be a better team. The problem with this team is weak leadership. We got a bunch of silent leaders who try to lead by example, and don't do a lot of motivating on the sidelines. They let things happen without being vocal about it, and that upsets me. It's upset me for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                That article is complete garbage lol. Dez is fine.

That guy must be an Oklahoma fan or a fan of a different team in the NFC East. Or just plain stupid. I can't believe I just wasted time reading the article lol.

Did that guy really take time out of his day to write that? He was pacing on the sideline... Really?

How did that get published?

Edit: As for the thing about him maturing or being like Burress.. There is one thing different about Dez that people forget. HE LOVES FOOTBALL. It is his entire life. The kid will be fine.
                Basically.....if you want eyeballs and traffic to your site...write about one of the Cowboys being a distraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  That's nothing compared to my own antics that I was doing in my living room as I was watching the game collapse! hahaha.

If every single Cowboys player was as passionate about changing the way the game was being played, then we would be a better team. The problem with this team is weak leadership. We got a bunch of silent leaders who try to lead by example, and don't do a lot of motivating on the sidelines. They let things happen without being vocal about it, and that upsets me. It's upset me for years.
                  We have that now on the team. Tuck has been more vocal now, but still is in the middle shading towards silent leader type. To me it comes down to do they respect the guy. You can be vocal all you want, but if they don't respect you, then it's one ear out the other.

Comment

We have that now on the team. Tuck has been more vocal now, but still is in the middle shading towards silent leader type. To me it comes down to do they respect the guy. You can be vocal all you want, but if they don't respect you, then it's one ear out the other.
                    +1000000!!!!

This is EXACTLY why I said Tony Romo CANNOT be a good leader for this team despite how much he wants to or how much Garrett wants him to be one.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have guys on the roster that are capable of this. You can't just change your personality and make it happen. With the guys on this roster right now, there's only Dez. ...and as I said before this article came out... I knew the media/public would take his actions as diva like... when in actuality, I think we need MORE guys like him who aren't afraid of getting in their teammates faces and motivating them. When Dez does good things on the field, it pumps up the team. The fact that Romo didn't even target him until late in the 3rd is a joke to me.

People want to give Romo a pass for the loss for some reason, but imo, he's turning into a professional hider. He should've came out and put more blame on himself, but he didn't because he's not a good leader, like I said. He ducked blame once again.

Comment

• Soooo Tashard Choice is now Redskin.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...tashard-choice

You guys can say good riddance, but I think he'll do good there under Shanahan's system. I have to say, since I'm one of the few that believed in him, I wish him the best, except when he plays us. gah.

...we REALLY need to start sniping guys from our division rivals. Since Laron Landry is an UFA, he better be a Cowboy next year. lol. Terrell Thomas too. :)

Comment

• I tell ya, if Michael Irvin played today people would be calling him a drama queen for trying to get other guys in gear. Dez is the new Randy Moss apparently because when Moss was a rookie they just kept looking for things to say that he was a bad person. Hell the infamous, "I play when I wanna play," quote was taken out of context. The guy had issues for certain, but he's hardly the only guy who took plays off at times. I've even seen the magnificent Brett Favre just throw **** up and not care in the playoffs, but his position doesn't have the same stigma as wide receivers do now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm glad Dez is on the sidelines yelling at guys. He's a god damn Dallas Cowboy. Cowboys aren't supposed to take any **** from anybody, and it seems he's the only one that realizes the meaning of that.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                          I tell ya, if Michael Irvin played today people would be calling him a drama queen for trying to get other guys in gear. Dez is the new Randy Moss apparently because when Moss was a rookie they just kept looking for things to say that he was a bad person. Hell the infamous, "I play when I wanna play," quote was taken out of context. The guy had issues for certain, but he's hardly the only guy who took plays off at times. I've even seen the magnificent Brett Favre just throw **** up and not care in the playoffs, but his position doesn't have the same stigma as wide receivers do now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm glad Dez is on the sidelines yelling at guys. He's a god damn Dallas Cowboy. Cowboys aren't supposed to take any **** from anybody, and it seems he's the only one that realizes the meaning of that.
                          AAaaaaaamen to that!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            +1000000!!!!

This is EXACTLY why I said Tony Romo CANNOT be a good leader for this team despite how much he wants to or how much Garrett wants him to be one.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have guys on the roster that are capable of this. You can't just change your personality and make it happen. With the guys on this roster right now, there's only Dez. ...and as I said before this article came out... I knew the media/public would take his actions as diva like... when in actuality, I think we need MORE guys like him who aren't afraid of getting in their teammates faces and motivating them. When Dez does good things on the field, it pumps up the team. The fact that Romo didn't even target him until late in the 3rd is a joke to me.

People want to give Romo a pass for the loss for some reason, but imo, he's turning into a professional hider. He should've came out and put more blame on himself, but he didn't because he's not a good leader, like I said. He ducked blame once again.

Well Romo is your franchise QB. So people are going to give him a pass unless he does something to lose the game, and then it would be too obvious. I saw some of the game and watched something else because the game was getting out of hand. Plus the Philly love was making me way too ill. Now all of a sudden, the wagon of theirs is full again.

We lost our vocal leaders so to speak once Strahan and AP retired. But we have guys who lead by example. Tuck and Eli are ones of the top of the head. Rolle is a vocal leader, and sometimes too vocal.

Eli never was the Brees or fiery leader guy. But people look at what you are doing and respect you when you do talk or say something.

We have no OL, NO running game, and running around with a bunch of a undrafted free agents, and he is having a pro bowl year. So now when he says keep your head up, people listen.

Now we have no SHockey, Tiki, and Plax on this team. So the nonsense that was there when we drafted Eli is gone.

If Romo is a fiery leader than fine, but vocal or fiery, they need to respect him. So when he does talk people listen.

Comment

Well Romo is your franchise QB. So people are going to give him a pass unless he does something to lose the game, and then it would be too obvious. I saw some of the game and watched something else because the game was getting out of hand. Plus the Philly love was making me way too ill. Now all of a sudden, the wagon of theirs is full again.

We lost our vocal leaders so to speak once Strahan and AP retired. But we have guys who lead by example. Tuck and Eli are ones of the top of the head. Rolle is a vocal leader, and sometimes too vocal.

Eli never was the Brees or fiery leader guy. But people look at what you are doing and respect you when you do talk or say something.

We have no OL, NO running game, and running around with a bunch of a undrafted free agents, and he is having a pro bowl year. So now when he says keep your head up, people listen.

Now we have no SHockey, Tiki, and Plax on this team. So the nonsense that was there when we drafted Eli is gone.

If Romo is a fiery leader than fine, but vocal or fiery, they need to respect him. So when he does talk people listen.
                              People listen, but they don't really respect him. He's still in the process of reputation damage control. He's lost a lot of believers this year because of his careless mistakes. It's time for him to act on his words. The St. Louis win did nothing to help his credit as the team leaned on the running game. This Philly loss where Romo couldn't find his primary targets is more than just a little concerning to me.

Side note: Garrett's playcalling went back to being VERY predictable once again. We need the media to pick up the hype on this team needing a dedicated OC.

Comment

Yeah, Eli is better than Romo. No doubt anymore in my mind.

This is going to be challenge for you guys with this part of the schedule. I don't see you guys winning the division. In fact, I think it goes to the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information