Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo has led numerous game winning drives this season. Why are we using Jason Garrett doesn't trust Romo as an excuse for Garrett's horrible decision making in the final seconds of the game?

Comment

• Because it's all the rage after a loss to want everyone gone.

Comment

• If Bailey made that kick we would be ecstatic about the throw Romo made to Dez to set up the winning kick.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
          If Bailey made that kick we would be ecstatic about the throw Romo made to Dez to set up the winning kick.
          [sarcasm]You're crazy Romo is the worst starting QB in the league. He can't win games.[/sarcasm]

Quit making sense! :)
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• Haha, we may as well trade Ware too, he can't have many good years left in him.

Comment

• Just imagine what we could get for Sean Lee right now, lets trade him too. :/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                Just imagine what we could get for Sean Lee right now, lets trade him too. :/
                SOLD! When can he come to NY?

Comment

• You guys need help in the sarcasm department. That's some pretty sorry stuff.

I get that it's difficult to be objective with a guy like Tony and a coach like Garrett, being protective Dallas fans, but I wonder who is in the minority... Those thinking Garrett/Romo are the answer or those who think they aren't.

Metsox thinks I just throw stuff out to see how it sticks, but that's not true. Am I ok with Romo? Yeah, of course, there are a lot of worse options out there. But I won't stop me from looking for an upgrade. I feel like a lot of you guys have settled.

But I know the reality is that we're not moving Tony and I know things can quickly go from good to great here if we make the right moves around him. I also know that Garrett will be here for a damn long time. I just hope he brings in an OC who can help him make better decisions. That is a 100% must for this team to make significant progress. Otherwise we will continue to tread along this path that is Jason Garrett's learning curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    SOLD! When can he come to NY?
                    I always say it depends on the return. I would trade Lee for JPP. You down?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      You guys need help in the sarcasm department. That's some pretty sorry stuff.

I get that it's difficult to be objective with a guy like Tony and a coach like Garrett, being protective Dallas fans, but I wonder who is in the minority... Those thinking Garrett/Romo are the answer or those who think they aren't.

Metsox thinks I just throw stuff out to see how it sticks, but that's not true. Am I ok with Romo? Yeah, of course, there are a lot of worse options out there. But I won't stop me from looking for an upgrade. I feel like a lot of you guys have settled.

But I know the reality is that we're not moving Tony and I know things can quickly go from good to great here if we make the right moves around him. I also know that Garrett will be here for a damn long time. I just hope he brings in an OC who can help him make better decisions. That is a 100% must for this team to make significant progress. Otherwise we will continue to tread along this path that is Jason Garrett's learning curve.
                      I havent heard of an upgrade yet. Just because you have a trojan on your helmet doesnt make you an upgrade. I dont feel like I have "settled" I believe Tony can win a SB IF he has the right personal around him. If Tony drives the team down the field and we go ahead with 2 min left, you feel good about our D stopping the other team? I know I dont. You feel good about our line pushing the pile if we have a 4th and 1 and run the ball? I know i dont. We still have problems but QB isnt one of them IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                        I havent heard of an upgrade yet. Just because you have a trojan on your helmet doesnt make you an upgrade. I dont feel like I have "settled" I believe Tony can win a SB IF he has the right personal around him. If Tony drives the team down the field and we go ahead with 2 min left, you feel good about our D stopping the other team? I know I dont. You feel good about our line pushing the pile if we have a 4th and 1 and run the ball? I know i dont. We still have problems but QB isnt one of them IMO
                        That's a fair opinion. The sarcasm still stinks though.

Comment

I just hope he brings in an OC who can help him make better decisions. That is a 100% must for this team to make significant progress. Otherwise we will continue to tread along this path that is Jason Garrett's learning curve.
                          I agree 1000%. I really think if we brought in Norv or Sparano and made a couple of upgrades on the OL, we could be serious contenders next year.

I still believe JG can and will be a great HC. I think Sunday was a real learning opportunity for him. I just don't think he will become great if he's having to also worry about what play to call next.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            I agree 1000%. I really think if we brought in Norv or Sparano and made a couple of upgrades on the OL, we could be serious contenders next year.

I still believe JG can and will be a great HC. I think Sunday was a real learning opportunity for him. I just don't think he will become great if he's having to also worry about what play to call next.
                            Yeah his post game presser showed how slow his head thinks in the moment. It was truly an ugly reveal on his part.

Comment

That's a fair opinion. The sarcasm still stinks though.
                              No sarcasm intended. I know you love USC just like I love OU. Im not sold on Barkley being a sure fire Stud in the NFL. I also wouldnt trade Romo for Landry Jones. IMO hes better than both and Im not sure either will reach his level of success. We will see....

Comment

You guys need help in the sarcasm department. That's some pretty sorry stuff.

Objective? You are asking everyone else to be objective on Tony...

I don't know what to tell you. We point to the fact that he is top 4 in passer rating this year. Top 5 all-time. He is going to break every Cowboy passing record. His escape ability leads to our offensive line looking only terrible as opposed to the worst in the league. He's been efficient and the best human (Robo-Rodgers doesn't count) QB in the league the past 6 weeks. Yet those points are blind homerism and your baseless "Tony Romo will never win one" lane which can't be defended unless you are a fortune teller (if so can I have the powerball numbers?).

Sigh. Not sure what to say D. Super bowls are won by teams. If you can honestly take a step back and look at the Cowboys and point to Romo as the reason we can't win a Superbowl... I find myself severely questioning your ability to comprehend football.

Our offensive line is putrid. They cannot block well enough to establish any sort of pocket/running lanes against teams strong up the middle. This would be a solid place to start when saying "We cannot win a SB because.."

If you'd like another our MLBs (aside from Sean "Bruce" Lee) are slow, decrepit and extremely poor tacklers. On top of that their idea of coverage is akin to having AT&T in the middle of the ocean. This again would be an excellent place to point the finger of "We cannot win a SB because..."

Counting this season as a whole: 64.7% completion, 3,325 yards, 22 TD - 9 INT and been sacked 24 times.

The last 6 games? 67.7% completion; 11 TD - 2 INT;

I 100% buy that we're all frustrated and need somewhere to loss the rage. That just doesn't point to Tony. Ask Santa for a competent pass rusher, interior olineman, or a capable MLB to pair with Sean Lee before asking for a new QB to toss behind a wretched line.
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information