This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    That is a statistic out of contest though. Take the Lions and Patriots for instance. Those games can't be blamed on the defense, and for all intents and purposes we really did beat the lions. That game was just a mirage of ridiculous bad luck, and crazy games like that occasionally happen. Look at our win in buffalo after Romo's 5 picks in 2007. If we win the east we are probably going to get the Falcons, but boy would I love the lions again.

As for the patriots game, 16 points against there defense was pathetic. Holding brady and that offense to 13 points until the final drive was pretty damn good against a top 5 QB of all time. Hell, even give them the last drive, 20 points in new england is a hell of a performance. That loss was on our offense. The decision to run the ball 3 times into wilfork behind freakin' phil costa for -5 yards when there was 3:35 left on the clock and the pats had 2 time outs plus the 2 minute warning was idiotic to say the least. Get a first down and go home with the W. But that's another argument.

Also, alex smith isn't a slouch this year, beat him. I get your point, but I think that is a very vague category to put a team in. Football is the ultimate team/strategy sport, and there are a million factors that go into winning and losing.

I just want to get in, hopefully beat the lions or falcons so the season can be called a success with a playoff win, have a good draft and free agency and be a serious contender next year.
    Sorry to take the 0-5 record out of "contest", haha. It is what it is, you are what you are. We're an 8-6 team who hasn't beaten a top 16 QB all year. That's fact. To say Vick isn't a top 16 QB is silly. I hope the Jets come back today and the Cowboys win, just not confident.

Comment

• WR on 53 player Roster

Does anybody know why the WR from Hillsdale is on the 53 man roster? If they want to protect him fine, but does he have that much upside?

If he leaves us and signs with another team I don't think 3 weeks is going make him a star plus he would go into another training camp and have to start over. Most PP stay with the team they went to camp with because they know the system and it most likely they will eventually move up. I know some do sign with other clubs, but most stay.

I know of the WR on GB practice squad...Tori Gurley...heard he has a lot of potential and has been offered active roster on another team and he turned it down.

Comment

• Mark Sanchez is god awful QB and will never be any good. Because even when does not stare down his receivers play-after-play -- he is inaccurate with the ball.

Like a fastball only pitcher with no control.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Good to see the team not completely give in. Reminds me of the game that ended last season (barely watchable).

Comment

• Soft, I don't care what anyone says -- the main guys on this team, the alleged leaders, are soft.

You guys keep thinking one or two players away. This team needs a heart transplant and hopefully they can go find players who are also smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                Soft, I don't care what anyone says -- the main guys on this team, the alleged leaders, are soft.

You guys keep thinking one or two players away. This team needs a heart transplant and hopefully they can go find players who are also smart.
                At the very least, we need some guys who make at least some plays on defense. Other than Ware, there is no consistant pass rush guy, and the secondary has no one who comes close to making plays. James and Brooking are useless, Spencer needs to go, Newman is just a liability.

Comment

• Our hurry up defense is borderline worst in nfl history. It's like the opposing offense is playing against air.

Luckily, we have a shot at all the marbles next weekend. Hopefully Romo is ok.

Comment

• Newman

I have always defended him, but no more. I hate his tackling, I hate how he gives to much of a cushion on 3rd down and I can't wait til they just release or cut him in march.

We should call him twinkle feet, because all he does his tip toe all day long like he is playing in a puddle of water and he doesn't want to get his shoes wet.

He sucks and I just can't wait. I would be more happy with Scandrick than him....if we could've sign the guy from Oakland I can't see why we can't sign Rogers.......for half that much.

I hate Newman......

Comment

• Originally posted by chrlopez1 View Post
                      Does anybody know why the WR from Hillsdale is on the 53 man roster? If they want to protect him fine, but does he have that much upside?

If he leaves us and signs with another team I don't think 3 weeks is going make him a star plus he would go into another training camp and have to start over. Most PP stay with the team they went to camp with because they know the system and it most likely they will eventually move up. I know some do sign with other clubs, but most stay.

I know of the WR on GB practice squad...Tori Gurley...heard he has a lot of potential and has been offered active roster on another team and he turned it down.
                      We love this guy, and are pretty sure he takes over next year when Driver sails off into the sunset.

I think he could help us right now, but somehow we've been able to hang onto him on our practice squad. He must be banking a lot of $ under the table on this one....

For you guys, today's game was 100% meaningless and I feel bad for SOME of the fans who paid good coin today to see basically a preseason game. Meant totally nothing other than pride, which is overrated.

I can't wait til next week. Hope Romo's hand isn't broken... lotta swelling in that thing.

You need Dez & Miles to play well, with L'Ron Robinson to keep up his good work.
                      Felix will have a good game if he doesn't snap another hammy or something.

Comment

• As soon as Romo got hurt it turned into a practice game. Not going to even try and judge what happened because we were already looking at next week.

As far as the season as a whole... we predicted pass rush would be a problem (it is). We predicted that our secondary is below average (it is). We predicted a terrible interior line would have Romo running for his life or hurt and a running game with no lanes (it is most of the time). Why get all pissed off and point at the team leaders? Seems like our obvious talent voids are crucial spots are causing us to lose...
                        Originally posted by D-Unit
                        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

• After the way this team has played int he 4th quarter, and blown leads, given games away, why should any of us have confidence that we are going to beat the G-men? As much as we may want it to happen. I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The worst part of this team is the big problems have been the same for YEARS ...

1) D can't get stops at the end of games or end of the 2nd Quarter
                            2) Our LB in coverage are awful
                            3) Our QB makes bone headed mistakes in key games
                            4) Our play calling is pass heavy
                            5) We have poor gap control on Defense and it starts with a NT that can't 2 gap.
                            6) Our pass rush is suspect and it exposes safeties in deep coverage.
                            7) Our CB are soft.
                            8) We keep drafting guys who look great in shorts but are not great football players.

Comment

• Originally posted by yanksknicks View Post
                              The worst part of this team is the big problems have been the same for YEARS ...

1) D can't get stops at the end of games or end of the 2nd Quarter
                              2) Our LB in coverage are awful
                              3) Our QB makes bone headed mistakes in key games
                              4) Our play calling is pass heavy
                              5) We have poor gap control on Defense and it starts with a NT that can't 2 gap.
                              6) Our pass rush is suspect and it exposes safeties in deep coverage.
                              7) Our CB are soft.
                              8) We keep drafting guys who look great in shorts but are not great football players.
                              Name one workout warrior who wasn't a good football player we have drafted between rounds 1-4 in the last 5 years... I can't think of one bro, besides freakin Jason Williams in the pathetic 09 draft, and that's reaching HARD. Don't even say Bruce Carter because he's a stud athlete, the kid can play. If your gonna blindly hate on the organization as usual, atleast back it up with facts.

Anyway, I think a big deal that has gone unnoticed is the loss of Josh Brent. He got hurt on thanksgiving and hasn't played since. Hopefully he comes back this week and gives the defense a boost.

As for next week, I don't have the most faith in this team, but if Romo is healthy we should be at least in the game at the end. I can't really say much else. Deep down I do think we are the better team, and I think we need to sack up, lace up the cleats, and go take the division crown. But Eli always balls on us and its a division game so you never know..
                              Last edited by CDCB14; 12-25-2011, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                                Name one workout warrior who wasn't a good football player we have drafted between rounds 1-4 in the last 5 years... I can't think of one bro, besides freakin Jason Williams in the pathetic 09 draft, and that's reaching HARD. Don't even say Bruce Carter because he's a stud athlete, the kid can play. If your gonna blindly hate on the organization as usual, atleast back it up with facts.

Anyway, I think a big deal that has gone unnoticed is the loss of Josh Brent. He got hurt on thanksgiving and hasn't played since. Hopefully he comes back this week and gives the defense a boost.

As for next week, I don't have the most faith in this team, but if Romo is healthy we should be at least in the game at the end. I can't really say much else. Deep down I do think we are the better team, and I think we need to sack up, lace up the cleats, and go take the division crown. But Eli always balls on us and its a division game so you never know..
                                Jason Williams
                                Robert Brewster
                                Bruce Carter
                                Stanback
                                Dez Bryant
                                Martellus Bennett
                                Felix Jones
                                Mike Jenkins
                                Anthony Spencer
                                Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

"Blind hate" for an organization that produces lots of mediocrity..... I guess if I have "blind hate" then it makes you a pom-pom b**ch.

And to correct you -- I said "look good in shorts" and that they were not "football players." That is somewhat different then work out warriors.

And let me be the first to say Dez and Jenkins might still get there.
                                Last edited by yanksknicks; 12-25-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information