Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An All Pro FS next to "as is" Roy is not a silver bullet. Will be very upseting to see Roy continue his lackadaisical play in coverage in order to feed his ego and Jerry's.

Just hearing the talk "a FS solves all" in "Cowboy Land" disturbs my peaceful day. Logic does support this -- even with Woody back their in a 4-3 during 2003 this team got doused in the playoffs by the Carolina passing game.

With the increase in the amount of athletic, downfield TEs and pass catching RBs the old days of fat SS (Roy and S Taylor) are over. You need a FS and SS that can cover. As fan/analysts we gotta look forward, not backwards, for a good answer. So does Roy and Jerra.

I hope Jerra is talking up his talent to try and move it b/c this is not an INCENTIVE for Roy to get his body into 2007 playing shape. This is apologizing for Roy and reminds me of the "beaten wife syndrome." I must have done something to him ......

So disappointed the chatter is not placing 95% of the blame on Roy for his dismal shape, skills and lack of leadership. Watkins is fine. Henry would be fine. Roy is soooo the problem.

OT: Aaron Rouse at Va Tech? Any read on what he is in the Pros?

Comment

• I know the horse is dead, but maybe if you keep beating it it will make a difference. Good plan.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
        An All Pro FS next to "as is" Roy is not a silver bullet. Will be very upseting to see Roy continue his lackadaisical play in coverage in order to feed his ego and Jerry's.

Just hearing the talk "a FS solves all" in "Cowboy Land" disturbs my peaceful day. Logic does support this -- even with Woody back their in a 4-3 during 2003 this team got doused in the playoffs by the Carolina passing game.

With the increase in the amount of athletic, downfield TEs and pass catching RBs the old days of fat SS (Roy and S Taylor) are over. You need a FS and SS that can cover. As fan/analysts we gotta look forward, not backwards, for a good answer. So does Roy and Jerra.

I hope Jerra is talking up his talent to try and move it b/c this is not an INCENTIVE for Roy to get his body into 2007 playing shape. This is apologizing for Roy and reminds me of the "beaten wife syndrome." I must have done something to him ......

So disappointed the chatter is not placing 95% of the blame on Roy for his dismal shape, skills and lack of leadership. Watkins is fine. Henry would be fine. Roy is soooo the problem.

Aaron Rouse is a thug, and I would find a new team if Dallas drafted him. He's a poor man's Roy Williams in addition to just being a dirty player.

We got scorched by Carolina because Pete Hunter can't cover, and Terence Newman was much younger. Wasn't Woody's fault.

Comment

An All Pro FS next to "as is" Roy is not a silver bullet. Will be very upseting to see Roy continue his lackadaisical play in coverage in order to feed his ego and Jerry's.

I haven't seen anybody say all we need is a FS and all will be well. So carry on with your peaceful day.

Fact of the matter is we got problems there and no real solution other than wait for Watkins to develop. That doesn't cut it for me. I want a dominating Defense! A dominant defense would solve a lot of problems on offense. ...and personally for me, it's a lot funner to watch. :D

Rouse is a worse option than Watkins. He can't cover to save his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I know the horse is dead, but maybe if you keep beating it it will make a difference. Good plan.
            Is this the same person who proposes we just draft Defensive Players.

Disagree all you want but not sure my repeating something is any sillier and I have not mocked you on that one.

Regardless, increasing noise levels often helps. I realize you don't believe that but it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
              Originally posted by cowboysforever

I haven't seen anybody say all we need is a FS and all will be well. So carry on with your peaceful day.

Fact of the matter is we got problems there and no real solution other than wait for Watkins to develop. That doesn't cut it for me. I want a dominating Defense! A dominant defense would solve a lot of problems on offense. ...and personally for me, it's a lot funner to watch. :D

Rouse is a worse option than Watkins. He can't cover to save his life.
              A few points. I was asking about Rouse. Not proposing anything. You went a little farther than needed.

Also, I would tipify the tone of the current conversation in Cowboy land about getting a FS as a "silver bullet" mentality. Not saying here on this site but go to the DMN and other places. What I hear is "get a FS" and move Roy to the LOS.

Just my opinion. You have yours about a "Dominant D Now." Don't see why your desires and wishes are any lessor than mine.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I know the horse is dead, but maybe if you keep beating it it will make a difference. Good plan.

Disagree all you want but not sure my repeating something is any sillier and I have not mocked you on that one.

Regardless, increasing noise levels often helps. I realize you don't believe that but it is true.
                How is increasing noise levels on this board going to help? Is Jerry Jones reading these posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod

How is increasing noise levels on this board going to help? Is Jerry Jones reading these posts?
                  People read message boards and people talk.

You don't think Blogs are setting the tone of many political, economic and sports issues nowadays?????

Not a "1 Degree of Separation" argument here but a 3 or 4. Sure. Why not.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod

People read message boards and people talk.

You don't think Blogs are setting the tone of many political, economic and sports issues nowadays?????

Not a "1 Degree of Separation" argument here but a 3 or 4. Sure. Why not.
                    I think to a degree you're correct, but politics and sports are two different things.

Comment

• That's pretty high hopes to think anything said here has any influence on the Cowboys front office decisions.

Seriously... of all the things ever said in this thread in all my time here... THAT is the most bizarre.

Comment

That's pretty high hopes to think anything said here has any influence on the Cowboys front office decisions.

Seriously... of all the things ever said in this thread in all my time here... THAT is the most bizarre.
                        Didn't you know that the Jones brothers frequent this board and try to get tips from us knowledgeable fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
                          Originally posted by D-Unit
                          That's pretty high hopes to think anything said here has any influence on the Cowboys front office decisions.

Didn't you know that the Jones brothers frequent this board and try to get tips from us knowledgeable fans.
                          That why you gave him a finger

Comment

You are taking my comments way off base and not providing much in terms of benefit of the doubt to what I actually did state.

Unfortunately, you let your "personal" opinions of me cloud the ideas I present.

The only responses I seem to get from you are "he is nuts," yet I keep coming back to the point which is that I am presenting many things which others are repeating. Right, wrong or indifferent. If you wish -- I am repeating too.

Anyway, just make your points and leave it at that please. No one here is a GM and no amount of writing changes that.

We are here for fun and if it so happens our thoughts influence someone who influences someone else who influences someone else ..... great, but we will never know either way

Columbus did not figure out the world was round but he heard it from a friend who heard it from friend ........

Cheers.

Comment

• For all the Parcells haters....

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....32e0b679.html

Comment

• Jarvis Moss is coming out.

Thule mocked him the Second to the Cowboys.

Liked him a great deal. 6'6 250 OLB. Can block FGs too it seems.

IMHO, Good catch Thule.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information