• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB
    Originally posted by Jdallas
    Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB
    Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    So D-Unit are you a Parcells fan?

Also I told you about 5 pages back that either Landry or Nelson would be available at the Cowboys pick and then look Nelson is there in Scott's mock, but even if he is available I don't know if I want a FS...why doesn't Watkins work? I like his potential. The only reason I would really want a safety is if Roy doesn't play S next year.

Also do you see TO returning? I hope not, but I am scared he will be back.
    Is that a rumor or something? He is going to the Pro Bowl.
    Larry Allen went to a Pro Bowl last year...
    I would suggest reading back at least a couple pages before asking questions.
    Just did. Some folks want him cut, some want him at 4-3LB, some want him traded and everyone want him to lose weight. Sounds like what my wife thinks of me.
    One other word of advice don't worry what JDallas and D-Unit say sometimes, and even Thule for that matter. Occasionally they have to go on a power trip
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB
      Originally posted by Paul
      Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB
      Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
      So D-Unit are you a Parcells fan?

Also I told you about 5 pages back that either Landry or Nelson would be available at the Cowboys pick and then look Nelson is there in Scott's mock, but even if he is available I don't know if I want a FS...why doesn't Watkins work? I like his potential. The only reason I would really want a safety is if Roy doesn't play S next year.

Also do you see TO returning? I hope not, but I am scared he will be back.
      Is that a rumor or something? He is going to the Pro Bowl.
      No he isn't going anywhere, it's just a long and drawn out discussion(argument and name calling) we've been having for about 20 pages.

Edit:
      Welcome and enjoy your stay. May I ask what is the significance of your user name?
      I played and coached a long time ago. I was about .5 slower and 50 lbs lighter. <Laugh>
      Welcome. May I ask where you played/coached?

Comment

• My Cowboys Offseason Wish List

Re-sign: WR Patrick Crayton, TE Brett Pierce, OC Andre Gurode, OC Al Johnson, DE Kenyon Coleman, CB Jacques Reeves, CB Nathan Jones, OLB Junior Glymph, P Mat McBriar

Lost through FA: OLB Al Singleton, SS Tony Parrish, K Martin Gramatica

Signed through FA: QB Tim Rattay, DT Terdell Sands

Cut/Trade: TE Ryan Hannham, WR Terrell Owens, QB Drew Bledsoe, DT Thomas Johnson

Draft:
        RD1: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (trade down)
        RD2: Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College
        RD3: Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
        RD4: Steve Breaston, WR/KR, Michigan
        RD4: Mason Crosby, K, Colorado (from trade)
        RD5: Willis Barringer, S, Michigan
        RD6: Nathan Bennett, OG, Clemson
        RD7: (traded)

Comment

• Draft day

I think in the next few months and as soon as we know if BP is coming back we will now for sure who we will draft. IF BP comes back he is going to want someone who will make an impact. I do believe Moss will be there and I have a feeling Nelson will be there. He only had one year and I think teams will not take him. What about Griffin..from TExas he will definately be there. Jarrett will be there, but if we allow To and Glenn to leave or don't pay the bonus than we might go for a WR.....I think it is going to be DL, OL or S.

OL......if BP feels he needs to pencil in a starter......
          DL ...if Ellis can't come back......
          S.....if Nelson is there.....or Griffith.

I think when it comes down to 22 we will have our choise of a couple of players. Some of us will be happy and some of us won't. I think by March....we will have an idea...of who we are going for....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
            My Cowboys Offseason Wish List

Re-sign: WR Patrick Crayton, TE Brett Pierce, OC Andre Gurode, OC Al Johnson, DE Kenyon Coleman, CB Jacques Reeves, CB Nathan Jones, OLB Junior Glymph, P Mat McBriar

Lost through FA: OLB Al Singleton, SS Tony Parrish, K Martin Gramatica

Signed through FA: QB Tim Rattay, DT Terdell Sands

Cut/Trade: TE Ryan Hannham, WR Terrell Owens, QB Drew Bledsoe, DT Thomas Johnson

Draft:
            RD1: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (trade down)
            RD2: Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College
            RD3: Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
            RD4: Steve Breaston, WR/KR, Michigan
            RD4: Mason Crosby, K, Colorado (from trade)
            RD5: Willis Barringer, S, Michigan
            RD6: Nathan Bennett, OG, Clemson
            RD7: (traded)
            I dont think Beekman will fall that far in the 2nd.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Not bad bigmac however im not a huge fan of the Bowe or Breaston picks. Especially the breaston pick. Crosby would be nice at that spot.
              Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• This could change some things up...

Anthony Henry is open to moving to free safety next season if the Cowboys prefer him there.
                Henry would be one of the highest paid free safeties in the league, and his agent would prefer he stay at cornerback. Henry played safety some in college.
                Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
                Least if we do decide to move him there will not be any drama.

Comment

• Draft

1st Round: DE/OLB Jarvis Moss, Florida
                  2nd Round: OG Ben Grubbs, Auburn
                  3rd Round: WR Paul Williams, Fresno St.
                  4th Round: QB Kevin Kolb, Houston

I like the first two picks....but why WR.....at this point if you are not putting a premium into getting a WR in 1 or 2 you are basically getting a backup for the first 2-3 years.

QB.....wasted pick..for BP....he is not going to develope anther QB.

How about this one.

1st Round Moss or Nielson
                  2nd Round Grubbs or Merriweather
                  3rd Round Manuel Ramirez
                  4th Round Steve Smith DAllas Baker

Comment

• Henry Safety

Than a CB would have to be drafted....bcasue picking one in round 1 would have to be a "must". Trading Keith Davies would be a must also...no point in paying a special team player that much......maybe NO would want him again...

Comment

• Re: Henry Safety

Originally posted by chrlopez1
                      Than a CB would have to be drafted....bcasue picking one in round 1 would have to be a "must". Trading Keith Davies would be a must also...no point in paying a special team player that much......maybe NO would want him again...
                      We'll probably get some hotwings and grape soda for Keith Davis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number-94
                        This could change some things up...

Anthony Henry is open to moving to free safety next season if the Cowboys prefer him there.
                        Henry would be one of the highest paid free safeties in the league, and his agent would prefer he stay at cornerback. Henry played safety some in college.
                        All this talk about moving Henry to FS is interesting. The more I hear about it, the more realistic I believe the chances become.

One thing is for sure, CB is definately a position worth spending a First round pick on.

This also makes sense because there should be some good CBs on the board when we make our selection. I hope to God that we don't take McCauley.... Please Lord, No! I'll take Huges, Revis, and even Aaron Ross before McCauley. Anybody but him!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Originally posted by Number-94
                          This could change some things up...

All this talk about moving Henry to FS is interesting. The more I hear about it, the more realistic I believe the chances become.

One thing is for sure, CB is definately a position worth spending a First round pick on.

This also makes sense because there should be some good CBs on the board when we make our selection. I hope to God that we don't take McCauley.... Please Lord, No! I'll take Huges, Revis, and even Aaron Ross before McCauley. Anybody but him!
                          There is lots of grasping at straws in Dallas trying to figure out the pass defense problems. Everyone except Newman has been moved around or redeployed in various schemes. Be interesting to see where it ends up.

I am sure once Parcells says he comes back and the Zimmer Replacement is made this issue will play itself out quickly. This maybe a reason Parcells is seemingly pushing for Bowles to replace Zimmer. They get along well, Parcells can influence him moreso, and the Defensive players like him.

Watkins is a good kid though. He seems a Parcells type player. He cares and works very hard. He can make it I hope.

Comment

• Kevin Kolb wouldnt be a wasted pick in my opinion. Tell me how many of you guys are 100% confident with Romo? Dont get me wrong I like Romo alot but I still have some doubts about him, I think his deep ball is questionable. Fumbling issues? Kevin Kolb would make a great backup for the time being and could step in and possibly have a positive impact if Romo struggles.
                            Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys
                              Kevin Kolb wouldnt be a wasted pick in my opinion. Tell me how many of you guys are 100% confident with Romo? Dont get me wrong I like Romo alot but I still have some doubts about him, I think his deep ball is questionable. Fumbling issues? Kevin Kolb would make a great backup for the time being and could step in and possibly have a positive impact if Romo struggles.
                              How can a rookie with no NFL experience be a great backup?

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• Misworded that lol. I meant great backup for the future if he never becomes the true number #1 QB.
                                Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information