Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless, fans always think the grass is greener and usually think it after the media start implying it in its reporting. Just the way it is. Read the Dallas media, they make Parcells out to be a fool and the fans pick up on it and repeat it.

the problem with this statement is that when the dallas media give opinions and facts that seem to show that parcells isnt or hasnt got the job done its just "local media spin". when they have an opinion on a topic that shows roy williams isnt or hasnt got the job done then we get all the quotes and articles that back up what you have been saying. you cant have it both ways either the media knows what they are talking about or they dont. maybe the reason why payton is now a "genius" and last year people were "put out" with his play calling is because parcells was holding him back. the dallas media seemed to say this with zimmers play calling. parcells seems to want to win playing close to the vest and not taking any/many chances. imo thats why we lost to seattle. why have playmakers if your not going to let them make plays? i know romo is young but at some point you have to trust him. hopfully if/when we get a new o.c. and d.c. parcells will trust them enough to let them call the game and let them open it up a bit.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
      One thing that I've noticed is when a team struggles, the fans all of a sudden start clamoring for the head of the coordinator that coaches that side of the ball.

For example, last year I was hearing tons of criticism for Payton and his play calling, saying he was a stupid ass and unimaginative etc etc. Well, a year later people are worshipping at his feet and proclaiming him to be the next Bill Walsh.

It's just funny. Why can't people accept that its the PLAYERS who play the game? If your team sucks, its usually because your players aren't playing the game well. Eff.
      so i guess iyo we were average (9-7) because we have average players or is it that we have good players that only played average?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by jetBLACK08
        If Henning actually does get hired. I would be happy. He has experience with All-Pro WRs [Smith] so Owens will actually be somewhat be a threat this time around.
        I hope he doesn't turn Romo into Jake Delhomme.

Oh and... Terrell Owens had a much better year than Steve Smith last year. LOL!
        LOL, thats somewhat exagerrated don't you think?

Terrell Owens
        G Rec Yds Avg TD
        16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
        G Rec Yds Avg TD
        14 83 1166 14 8

Either way. I dont think Romo will turn into Delhomme because Romo has way more weapons and past veteran teachings.

Comment

• Yo. is "iameverywhere" cowboysforever too, or was that name a coincidence?

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

• Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
            Yo. is "iameverywhere" cowboysforever too, or was that name a coincidence?
            one in the same

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              One thing that I've noticed is when a team struggles, the fans all of a sudden start clamoring for the head of the coordinator that coaches that side of the ball.

For example, last year I was hearing tons of criticism for Payton and his play calling, saying he was a stupid ass and unimaginative etc etc. Well, a year later people are worshipping at his feet and proclaiming him to be the next Bill Walsh.

It's just funny. Why can't people accept that its the PLAYERS who play the game? If your team sucks, its usually because your players aren't playing the game well. Eff.
              so i guess iyo we were average (9-7) because we have average players or is it that we have good players that only played average?
              Well, were we 8-4 because we had good players, or because we have average players that played good? Were we 3-3 because we had.....

You get the point. If you want to analyze the play of this team, you break it down into 3 segments: the first 6 games, the middle 6 games, and the last 4 games - while evaluating the playoff loss by itself. We were "average" with Drew in there, playing at .500 ball, though in reality we were dreadfully inconsistent, and most of the 3 losses could be directly attributable to him and/or Pat Watkins.

The next six games we were 5-1, with the one loss coming on a fluke set of circumstances, on a day when we vastly out played our opponent, but the key breaks went the other way. We dominated for most of this stretch, and I personally feel that it compares favorably with any 6 game stretch in the entire league. We were scoring, stopping people, creating turnovers while avoiding them ourselves, running the ball well....everything. Then the Saints game occurred...

...and the last four game stretch arrived, in which we were a horrible, horrible defensive team in every way, shape, and form. Combine that with a explosive, yet inconsistent offense that was turnover prone and a utter lack of pass rush, and you have the 3 out of 4 loss streak we went on.

So, to answer your question, we were a talented team that was very inconsistent, and had one problem after another arise throughout the season. The end total adds up to be "just above average", but it's not the sort of non-descript, mediocre and ultimately boring type of average that is an indication of a lack of ability, but rather the peaks-and-valleys type of average, where there was exceptional play mixed in with bone-head, stupid, or inexperienced plays in crucial situations. Does that answer your question?

And, yes, I see what your come back will be: "that's coaching".

Not true, necessarily. Dumb players do dumb things. If there are dumb players out there, no coach in the world is going to make them into a Rhodes Scholar. The other thing is that Bill's teams have not demonstrated that type of tendency in all the years he's been here, they really haven't (with the exception of the '04 bunch that was a disaster all around), and this team only did that in the last 4 games - not all season. So, if you were to say that coaching is the problem, I would have to disagree with you there.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by jetBLACK08
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                Originally posted by jetBLACK08
                If Henning actually does get hired. I would be happy. He has experience with All-Pro WRs [Smith] so Owens will actually be somewhat be a threat this time around.
                I hope he doesn't turn Romo into Jake Delhomme.

Oh and... Terrell Owens had a much better year than Steve Smith last year. LOL!
                LOL, thats somewhat exagerrated don't you think?

Terrell Owens
                G Rec Yds Avg TD
                16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
                G Rec Yds Avg TD
                14 83 1166 14 8

Either way. I dont think Romo will turn into Delhomme because Romo has way more weapons and past veteran teachings.
                A 5 TD difference is a lot in my book. Shave 30 points off and we're out of the playoffs just like the Panthers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                  Originally posted by iameverywhere
                  Payton is being praised, and he is a good coach, but anyone see his pitch call to Bush which resulted in a fumble? Easily could have cost the Saints the game this past weekend. I did not see one analyst even mention it. He has the honeymoon going so folks over look the warts.
                  Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? You were just agreeing with DMW that it's the players who play the game, and then blame Payton on that play? THE PLAYERS messed that one up. This is halarius! How can you even do that. It's not like Payton called a recverse to bush at the wrong time. It's not like a pitch is a risky play call. :roll:
                  Let me see if I can better express myself, I was commenting on DMW mentioning how fans get upset at coaches and label them something bad then label them something brilliant when the outcomes change.

I was not discussing the players role in it nor do I think I mentioned anything of players. I think I focused it on the media and fans and how they pick on coaches unfairly many times.

As part of that idea, I pointed out the Payton situation and how fans really love him yet if that way-too-aggressive pitch play to Reggie that he fumbled (a bad call in that situation to the wrong player) turns into Eagles points the media and fans would have roasted him for losing. Likely would have called it a rookie mistake. Would have pointed out that it was too risky given how well Deuce was running, etc.

I hope that helps. That was it. I thought it was clear. Sorry.

Comment

Regardless, fans always think the grass is greener and usually think it after the media start implying it in its reporting. Just the way it is. Read the Dallas media, they make Parcells out to be a fool and the fans pick up on it and repeat it.

the problem with this statement is that when the dallas media give opinions and facts that seem to show that parcells isnt or hasnt got the job done its just "local media spin". when they have an opinion on a topic that shows roy williams isnt or hasnt got the job done then we get all the quotes and articles that back up what you have been saying. you cant have it both ways either the media knows what they are talking about or they dont. maybe the reason why payton is now a "genius" and last year people were "put out" with his play calling is because parcells was holding him back. the dallas media seemed to say this with zimmers play calling. parcells seems to want to win playing close to the vest and not taking any/many chances. imo thats why we lost to seattle. why have playmakers if your not going to let them make plays? i know romo is young but at some point you have to trust him. hopfully if/when we get a new o.c. and d.c. parcells will trust them enough to let them call the game and let them open it up a bit.
                    No question Parcells is not Air Coryell but they were winning 20-13 when player mistakes killed them.

I am not a big fan of the Dallas media's coverage of the Cowboys.

Do you dislike Parcells?

Comment

Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
                      Yo. is "iameverywhere" cowboysforever too, or was that name a coincidence?
                      one in the same
                      ????

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
                        Originally posted by pocketaces
                        Regardless, fans always think the grass is greener and usually think it after the media start implying it in its reporting. Just the way it is. Read the Dallas media, they make Parcells out to be a fool and the fans pick up on it and repeat it.

No question Parcells is not Air Coryell but they were winning 20-13 when player mistakes killed them.

Do you dislike Parcells?
                        is anyone a fan of the media coverage in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12
                          Originally posted by iameverywhere
                          Payton is being praised, and he is a good coach, but anyone see his pitch call to Bush which resulted in a fumble? Easily could have cost the Saints the game this past weekend. I did not see one analyst even mention it. He has the honeymoon going so folks over look the warts.
                          Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? You were just agreeing with DMW that it's the players who play the game, and then blame Payton on that play? THE PLAYERS messed that one up. This is halarius! How can you even do that. It's not like Payton called a recverse to bush at the wrong time. It's not like a pitch is a risky play call. :roll:
                          Let me see if I can better express myself, I was commenting on DMW mentioning how fans get upset at coaches and label them something bad then label them something brilliant when the outcomes change.

I was not discussing the players role in it nor do I think I mentioned anything of players. I think I focused it on the media and fans and how they pick on coaches unfairly many times.

As part of that idea, I pointed out the Payton situation and how fans really love him yet if that way-too-aggressive pitch play to Reggie that he fumbled (a bad call in that situation to the wrong player) turns into Eagles points the media and fans would have roasted him for losing. Likely would have called it a rookie mistake. Would have pointed out that it was too risky given how well Deuce was running, etc.

I hope that helps. That was it. I thought it was clear. Sorry.
                          WHAT!?!?! That pitch wasn't a bad call. What the heck are you talking about?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            Originally posted by DMWSackMachine

Well, were we 8-4 because we had good players, or because we have average players that played good? Were we 3-3 because we had.....

You get the point. If you want to analyze the play of this team, you break it down into 3 segments: the first 6 games, the middle 6 games, and the last 4 games - while evaluating the playoff loss by itself. We were "average" with Drew in there, playing at .500 ball, though in reality we were dreadfully inconsistent, and most of the 3 losses could be directly attributable to him and/or Pat Watkins.

The next six games we were 5-1, with the one loss coming on a fluke set of circumstances, on a day when we vastly out played our opponent, but the key breaks went the other way. We dominated for most of this stretch, and I personally feel that it compares favorably with any 6 game stretch in the entire league. We were scoring, stopping people, creating turnovers while avoiding them ourselves, running the ball well....everything. Then the Saints game occurred...

...and the last four game stretch arrived, in which we were a horrible, horrible defensive team in every way, shape, and form. Combine that with a explosive, yet inconsistent offense that was turnover prone and a utter lack of pass rush, and you have the 3 out of 4 loss streak we went on.

So, to answer your question, we were a talented team that was very inconsistent, and had one problem after another arise throughout the season. The end total adds up to be "just above average", but it's not the sort of non-descript, mediocre and ultimately boring type of average that is an indication of a lack of ability, but rather the peaks-and-valleys type of average, where there was exceptional play mixed in with bone-head, stupid, or inexperienced plays in crucial situations. Does that answer your question?

And, yes, I see what your come back will be: "that's coaching".

Not true, necessarily. Dumb players do dumb things. If there are dumb players out there, no coach in the world is going to make them into a Rhodes Scholar. The other thing is that Bill's teams have not demonstrated that type of tendency in all the years he's been here, they really haven't (with the exception of the '04 bunch that was a disaster all around), and this team only did that in the last 4 games - not all season. So, if you were to say that coaching is the problem, I would have to disagree with you there.
                            i dont see how our players got dumb the last month of the season. so '04 was a disaster. o.k. '05 we went 7-9 AND LOST 4 OUT OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES. this year we are 8-4 AND LOSE 3 OUT OF OUR LAST FOUR. not to mention we didnt win a home game the month of december. notice a trend? if these players are dumb as you seem to imply, may i ask whos drafting these dumb players? every team has peeks and valleys thats part of the game. look no further than the colts. but i also believe alot of time you make your own breaks. now i have much respect for your football knowledge and very much injoy your posts. however i wonder if your silver and blue glasses sometimes cloud your veiw. to me we didnt reach our potintial because bill held us back. how do you go from scoring almost 28 pts. a game to 13 in seattle? we did not use our mismatches imo. as stated by jjt our defense was plain vanilla and unimaginative. i believe his word was simplistic. if in an extreme example we were facing a team ranked #1 in the nfl vs. the run and 30th against the pass and our coaches gameplaned for us to run the ball 30 times and we only throw it 15 times and we lose, is that not coaching? imo bottom line we should be playing N.O. this weekend and imo we are not because of coaching or lack there of.

Comment

Do you dislike Parcells?
                              i do not dislike parcells. when he came here i had high hopes for him and our team. imo we have not produced like i hoped we would under his term here. i truly hope he comes back for 1 more year and our players carry him off the feild in his final game. however from what i have seen and the way the players seem to not respond to him i just dont know if it can happen.

Comment

• Tryin my sig out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information