This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    whether we agree on Parcells or not is qute honestly a moot point at this stage.

My question is, how does this effect FA and the draft for you guys?

I would assume that with JJ at complete control again, youre gonna go after big name guys and popular draft names without any method to the madness once again. This can dramatically effect the big board and FA.

Now, I all of a sudden expect you guys to go after Samuel in FA, and I expect whatever name establishes themself at the combine as a "workout warrior" to become a favorite of Jones. So who knows what kind of direction the team is in.

Thats what I want to know. The stuff that pertains to the future. And how they handle the post Parcells era.
    Well, all of that raises questions that no one here can realistically answer. Only after the HC is hired can we begin to get an idea of what the Cowboys will do.

There are some real personell questions now that Parcells has left that come up. Where does Terry Glenn fit in now? What about the two TE offense with Fasano? How about Flozell Adams / McQuistan? What about players like Roy Williams and Aaron Glenn? What will the next coach think of a RB by committee approach?l

There are alot of personell questions now.

As for me, my favorite coach would be Jeff Fisher (remember he hasn't signed the contract extension yet). He's young, he's been successfull, he has experience developing QB's and he is a defensive guy. He's my #1 choice. It may cost the cowboys a high draft pick to get him, but I think it's worth it.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

Also, I like what I'm hearing about Shottenheimer JR. Apparently the reason that Mangini hired him was prompted by discussions Mangini had with Belichick when he was there. Bill JR said that the offense of Shottenheimer JR was the most difficult to defend (oh and BTW that offense was designed by Norv Turner).

Designs by Thule

I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

Also, I like what I'm hearing about Shottenheimer JR. Apparently the reason that Mangini hired him was prompted by discussions Mangini had with Belichick when he was there. Bill JR said that the offense of Shottenheimer JR was the most difficult to defend (oh and BTW that offense was designed by Norv Turner).

Designs by Thule

Comment

whether we agree on Parcells or not is qute honestly a moot point at this stage.

My question is, how does this effect FA and the draft for you guys?

I would assume that with JJ at complete control again, youre gonna go after big name guys and popular draft names without any method to the madness once again. This can dramatically effect the big board and FA.

Now, I all of a sudden expect you guys to go after Samuel in FA, and I expect whatever name establishes themself at the combine as a "workout warrior" to become a favorite of Jones. So who knows what kind of direction the team is in.

Thats what I want to know. The stuff that pertains to the future. And how they handle the post Parcells era.
          Well BBD, you said it.... Jerry will go after whatever other people tell him too as long as it is fashionable. So Asante, Thomas, Steinbach all of them. Remember Jerry's credo that players win games and any ol coach can coach it. If you live in NY this should look familiar. It is called the NY Yankees when George is running the show.

Really hard to root for a team micro-managed by Jones. I do not feel I am the only one, but unless he brings in some folks with credibility I will be a Jets fan for a long time. They seem to do it right and with some class. Jerry is heart ache.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
            As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

The other one was Wade Phillips for a few years with Bowles as DC then bring in Jason Garrett (another Jerry favorite) to do the OC. In a few years, take Garrett for head coach cuz Jerry like him too.

I just can not see anyone who is young with credibility and not "in a major rush" taking anything from Jerry. It has to be "second time around" ex-Head Coaches who want a new HC job or second tier DCs who also want a shot as HC. On the DC and OC side it is the same thing -- second tier guys looking for an opportunity.

Shottenheimer Jr is considered top end. So I say forget it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
              Originally posted by pocketaces
              Originally posted by iameverywhere
              Originally posted by pocketaces
              this from Frank Luksa

The four-year Parcells era is easily classified. He built a better team and left a bigger mess.

Hiring Parcells was hailed as a masterstroke, and it turned out not to be. Judged by reputation and expectation, the Parcells era was keenly disappointing. It expires on a morose note and fades away like his teams did in December. In the final reckoning, his presence here amounted to nothing special.
              All the Dallas Media hates Parcells. I would not expect much from those idiots in respect to Bill.

again with the media spin because it doesnt jive with what you think. let them say one thing in YOUR favor or thinking and youll be quoting them all over the place.
              That is false. Actually the national media's coverage of Parcells performance is fair. They say it was half done. I agree. He fixed the entire management structure, found talent and developed talent. Remember the Woodson quote saying the whole Cowboys organization was a mess and Parcells fixed EVERYTHING. But let us ignore what knowledgable folks with no ax to grind are saying.

The Dallas Media hates Parcells because they want lap dog press conferences. They want some idiot who tells them everything they want to hear. I read it everyday. You going to tell me Matt Mosley knows football? Jean Jacque Taylor?

I read a JJT article that said Parcells wants simple schemes because that way he can control players actions on the field? Huh? That is stupid. Less complicated is less control but don't let that get in the way of a hate Parcells article. I iz an impoohtant righter anz hate Parcells cuz he ain't likez TO and dizrespectz us." Come on, a fair minded person can read between the lines.

Parcells has been despised by the media because he never became one of them. Parcells was big time when he got there, he refused to be a clown to kiss their butt, and will be big time long after he leaves.

It just kills them because the local beat guys, like Matt Mosley, will sliver back to anonimity dreaming of ESPN jobs and even lobbying for them on the Cowboys website.

LOL. The loser yesterday where Cowboy fans who could see beyond the day-to-day to the next season and beyond.
              Dude,

you are so far off base with this crap you are spewing that you are standing in center field with a clown suit on.

JUST LIKE TAYLOR AND EVEN SPAGNOLA SAID....IT WAS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE ON HIS PART! NOT TO MENTION HOW SORRY HE WAS TO THE ORGANIZATION AS A WHOLE.

Comment

As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

How do you feel about Pepper Johnson? I think at the very least, he'd be an excellent fit at DC for you guys.

He's been the dline coach under Bellichick, and look at how well the dline is playing. And whats the weakness of the Cowboys defense? The dline. Sounds like a good fit to me.

For HC though, that would be iffy. Thats a big risk considering he hasn't been a DC let alone a HC. But he would continue to impliment the same philosophies and beliefs of BP, considering that Bellichick believes and runs the same exact system, and the same scheme. I think it would be a gamble, but one that could pay huge dividends.

Comment

You will? Wow HOF numbers there pal. Oh and what about that fine job he did in Denver? Phillips is another OLD hack who will be a BUST as a head coach! Might as well go get Turner or Gailey back....results will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99

How do you feel about Pepper Johnson? I think at the very least, he'd be an excellent fit at DC for you guys.

He's been the dline coach under Bellichick, and look at how well the dline is playing. And whats the weakness of the Cowboys defense? The dline. Sounds like a good fit to me.

For HC though, that would be iffy. Thats a big risk considering he hasn't been a DC let alone a HC. But he would continue to impliment the same philosophies and beliefs of BP, considering that Bellichick believes and runs the same exact system, and the same scheme. I think it would be a gamble, but one that could pay huge dividends.
                    And you big blue rah rah Giant....Parcells was better than Landry and Lombardi? is that what you said in an eariler post? Or did I misread that...I hope I did because if that is what you said then you should be banned from these boards forever!

What did Parcells do in his career? He beat a smallilsh Denver team with no RB and had a kicker hand him a second trophy...did he dominate in the big game? NO! Did he put up back to back wins? NO! Did he dominate in any one decade? NO! SO TELL ME WHAT HE DID?????? 9th all time wininng? So what, anyone who stays aound 20+ years can get that....

The Cowboys have a weakness on the DL? What? To hear you guys tell it at the start of the year they were going to be awesome!!!! The problem with this team is what Goose said....this team is SLOW overall....so lets add some more slow white guys to it! :D

Comment

If we go with an offensive head coach like Norv Turner then yeah i'd be stoked to get Pepper Johnson. While i'm a big supporter of Singeltary, he is a very inexperienced coach. If Jerry brings back Norv or hires another offensive guy then yeah sounds good.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoodbyeParcells
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense

And you big blue rah rah Giant....Parcells was better than Landry and Lombardi? is that what you said in an eariler post? Or did I misread that...I hope I did because if that is what you said then you should be banned from these boards forever!

What did Parcells do in his career? He beat a smallilsh Denver team with no RB and had a kicker hand him a second trophy...did he dominate in the big game? NO! Did he put up back to back wins? NO! Did he dominate in any one decade? NO! SO TELL ME WHAT HE DID?????? 9th all time wininng? So what, anyone who stays aound 20+ years can get that....
                        Mexico, your stupidity does not warrant an appropriate response. Get a life and or a girlfriend. By the way, multiple accounts are not allowed on the board.

See ya.

Comment

You will? Wow HOF numbers there pal. Oh and what about that fine job he did in Denver? Phillips is another OLD hack who will be a BUST as a head coach! Might as well go get Turner or Gailey back....results will be the same.
                          If you've listened to reports, they say "Bum's Son" would only be a temporary HC until Garrett takes over. I think its a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodbyeParcells

Mexico, your stupidity does not warrant an appropriate response. Get a life and or a girlfriend. By the way, multiple accounts are not allowed on the board.

See ya.
                            That is because you have no response son......none. Not one leg to stand on.....and they can ban me till the cows come home.....dynamic IP i love it!

Oh by the way....I only have 1 account.

Comment

See ya.
                              That is because you have no response son......none. Not one leg to stand on.....and they can ban me till the cows come home.....dynamic IP i love it!
                              ....you seriously need a female in your life....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076

If you've listened to reports, they say "Bum's Son" would only be a temporary HC until Garrett takes over. I think its a great idea.
                                just waht this team needs...a "temp" bad idea....very bad because nobody will respect a temp..especially the players...so where is your logic on that move?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information