• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule
    Originally posted by FinChase
    Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    My plan:

FA:

Asante Samuels - Throw the boat at him. Move Henry to FS.

Cory Redding - Would be a huge acquisition. Bring the Texas boy home! Would help our our pass rush attack and allow the young guys to ease in the rotation instead of rushing them in. Our depth would be killer!... and just by looking at the Bears Defense... we should all learn our lesson about depth.

Montrae Holland/Derrick Dockery/Jake Scott/Kris Deilman/Jacob Bell/Eric Steinback/Floyd Womack - Get one of 'em.

Najeh Davenport - If Norv is our coach, I'm pretty sure we'll go after him. He's big and can catch the ball. Would give our runnning attack an added dimension.

Andre Gurode - Resign

25M in cap should get the job done.

Draft:

1st - NT DeMarcus Tyler
    2nd - OT Tony Ugoh/Doug Free
    3rd - K Mason Crosby

Day 2
    4th - WR Steve Smith/Jacoby Jones
    5th - DE/OLB Melila Purcell
    6th - OLB Dallas Sartz
    7th - Who cares? How about another small school QB? Toby Korrodi, Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Smith???

It ain't hard... Get'r done and let's rock N Roll!
    I like it, but I think we have to have 2 days one o-lineman, IDK why, we just do IMO. It is the weakness of our team. If we could get even and avergage push on a normal basis, our offense would be unstoppable.

And no resigning Culombo????!?!?!?!?!!!!!!??? am I missing something.......
    Yeah, I was surprised you didn't mention resigning Columbo either. And Crosby in the 3rd? Grammatica didn't do enough to give you any confidence in him?
    He was good as a kicker...but his kick off's were consistantly weak.
    I just hate the thought of going into the season with a rookie kicker. I don't care if he's the second coming of Morten Andersen--a rookie's going to struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
      I just hate the thought of going into the season with a rookie kicker. I don't care if he's the second coming of Morten Andersen--a rookie's going to struggle.
      Tell that too Stephen Gostkoski. He was drafted in the fourth round by NE...he went 20-26 with a 52 yarder. He consistantly kicked to the goalline or into the endzone. This is also in NE weather...its not unheard of for a rookie to do good...although its far from a sure thing.

Comment

• Rumor has it that Jerry is going to bring in Norv Turner as HC, Ron Rivera as DC and Jason Garrett as OC.

Ron Turner (Norv's brother) is on the Chicago Coaching staff now. Apparently Norv pitched the Ron Rivera as DC during his interview.

Ron Rivera's contract is up after the super bowl. Chicago can't stop him from moving to Dallas as the DC.

Singletary is possibly the HC IF and ONLY IF Rivera doesn't take the DC job and Wade Phillips doesn't take the job. Singletary would be the choice for DC if San Fran would allow the move.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
          Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by FinChase
          Originally posted by TNewFan41
          My plan:

FA:

Cory Redding - Would be a huge acquisition. Bring the Texas boy home! Would help our our pass rush attack and allow the young guys to ease in the rotation instead of rushing them in. Our depth would be killer!... and just by looking at the Bears Defense... we should all learn our lesson about depth.

Montrae Holland/Derrick Dockery/Jake Scott/Kris Deilman/Jacob Bell/Eric Steinback/Floyd Womack - Get one of 'em.

Najeh Davenport - If Norv is our coach, I'm pretty sure we'll go after him. He's big and can catch the ball. Would give our runnning attack an added dimension.

Andre Gurode - Resign

Draft:

1st - NT DeMarcus Tyler
          2nd - OT Tony Ugoh/Doug Free
          3rd - K Mason Crosby

Day 2
          6th - OLB Dallas Sartz
          7th - Who cares? How about another small school QB? Toby Korrodi, Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Smith???

I like it, but I think we have to have 2 days one o-lineman, IDK why, we just do IMO. It is the weakness of our team. If we could get even and avergage push on a normal basis, our offense would be unstoppable.

And no resigning Culombo????!?!?!?!?!!!!!!??? am I missing something.......
          Yeah, I was surprised you didn't mention resigning Columbo either. And Crosby in the 3rd? Grammatica didn't do enough to give you any confidence in him?
          He was good as a kicker...but his kick off's were consistantly weak.
          NE and Chicago did fine. It's not a guarantee, but if we have the luxury of taking the best kicker in the 3rd... we're not wasting the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
            Rumor has it that Jerry is going to bring in Norv Turner as HC, Ron Rivera as DC and Jason Garrett as OC.

Ron Turner (Norv's brother) is on the Chicago Coaching staff now. Apparently Norv pitched the Ron Rivera as DC during his interview.

Ron Rivera's contract is up after the super bowl. Chicago can't stop him from moving to Dallas as the DC.

Singletary is possibly the HC IF and ONLY IF Rivera doesn't take the DC job and Wade Phillips doesn't take the job. Singletary would be the choice for DC if San Fran would allow the move.
            I kinda like the sound of that... I like Ron Rivera as HC over Norv though.

No Singletary???

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
              Originally posted by LSUALUM99
              Rumor has it that Jerry is going to bring in Norv Turner as HC, Ron Rivera as DC and Jason Garrett as OC.

No Singletary???
              http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...F85C3D985CDABE

We'll know after the superbowl....before it was speculation that we may find out today...well atleast we know we'll get the best available option.

Comment

No Singletary???
                Singletary may indeed get the job, but it's contingent upon Rivera saying no first. If Wade is hired, Singletary could become the DC if San Fran allows it.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99

No Singletary???
                  Singletary may indeed get the job, but it's contingent upon Rivera saying no first. If Wade is hired, Singletary could become the DC if San Fran allows it.
                  Does Rivera have any experience with the 3-4?

Comment

• if Rivera is DC does that mean we switch to the 4-3???

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                      My plan:

FA:

I'm down with dat *********** my brother
                      Coleman bye bye?
                      Get er dun
                      u still want him...idk MB3 is the tougher run and the better catcher...Davenport wouldn't even make the roster

Andre Gurode - Resign
                      No Marc Columbo...we fix RT and you wanna find another one?

Draft:

1st - NT DeMarcus Tyler is he really a impact guy...i don't see it
                      2nd - OT Tony Ugoh/Doug Free Free is a reachhh but i agree if no columbo
                      3rd - K Mason Crosby I pondered it...rather have josh brown :P don't believe in a first day kicker..NE did just fine in the fourth tho..makes me think.

Day 2
                      Steve Smith isn't fast enough or big enough...I don't like him as a compliment to Hurd/Crayton...he can't even contribute on special teams. Jones struggles with judging the ball but w/e solid pick.

6th - OLB Dallas Sartz
                      7th - Who cares? How about another small school QB? Toby Korrodi, Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Smith???Drew Tate is my guy...best backup in the world

I think I threw you off by not mentioning Columbo as a FA signing... I thought that was automatic. haha!

On Redding... I don't know how that would affect Coleman, but I think he's a significant upgrade over him. I'm talking about sticking Redding in as a starter over Spears (who is just not ready).

On Najeh... You know I've like him for a long time. ;) He should be a cheap signing and the depth can't hurt. I'm not saying give him starter carries... 3-5 a game and serve back up duty.

On Tyler... Let's save that debate for later. He's my man this year though!

On Steve Smith... He's an extremely smart player that has a nose for getting open, finding the soft spots in zone coverage and making tough catches. I've watched him over the years, and have always been impressed with him. He's an outstanding route runner and has great hands. He'll make the tough catch and is very clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                        My plan:

FA:

I'm down with dat *********** my brother
                        Coleman bye bye?
                        Get er dun
                        u still want him...idk MB3 is the tougher run and the better catcher...Davenport wouldn't even make the roster

Andre Gurode - Resign
                        No Marc Columbo...we fix RT and you wanna find another one?

Draft:

1st - NT DeMarcus Tyler is he really a impact guy...i don't see it
                        2nd - OT Tony Ugoh/Doug Free Free is a reachhh but i agree if no columbo
                        3rd - K Mason Crosby I pondered it...rather have josh brown :P don't believe in a first day kicker..NE did just fine in the fourth tho..makes me think.

Day 2
                        Steve Smith isn't fast enough or big enough...I don't like him as a compliment to Hurd/Crayton...he can't even contribute on special teams. Jones struggles with judging the ball but w/e solid pick.

6th - OLB Dallas Sartz
                        7th - Who cares? How about another small school QB? Toby Korrodi, Tyler Thigpen, Jeff Smith???Drew Tate is my guy...best backup in the world

I think I threw you off by not mentioning Columbo as a FA signing... I thought that was automatic. haha!

On Redding... I don't know how that would affect Coleman, but I think he's a significant upgrade over him. I'm talking about sticking Redding in as a starter over Spears (who is just not ready).

On Najeh... You know I've like him for a long time. ;) He should be a cheap signing and the depth can't hurt. I'm not saying give him starter carries... 3-5 a game and serve back up duty.

On Tyler... Let's save that debate for later. He's my man this year though!

On Steve Smith... He's an extremely smart player that has a nose for getting open, finding the soft spots in zone coverage and making tough catches. I've watched him over the years, and have always been impressed with him. He's an outstanding route runner and has great hands. He'll make the tough catch and is very clutch.
                        The only way I can see this happening if someone offers crayton a deal and we don't match it. Steve Smith doesn't offer us anything different then Crayton does.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                          if Rivera is DC does that mean we switch to the 4-3???

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                            Originally posted by bigmac076
                            if Rivera is DC does that mean we switch to the 4-3???
                            I'll let you know after he returns my call :|

Comment

• I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdnoyes
                                http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=7A148E28-B811-27F8-E6F85C3D985CDABE

I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
                                Rivera would be tried as a DC i'm assuming...I also posted this link above..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information