Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Mike. He deserved this 2 years ago.

Comment

• Ok then, enough with the Ramonce Taylor stuff. And good for Michael Irvin, but lets start to talk about what we need to get done in the off-season and draft.

Comment

• If I had to pick one team in the league that needs a RB the least, it might be the Cowboys. They have two great running backs who aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Even San Diego could use one more than Dallas since Michael Turner wont be there much longer.

This Ramonce Taylor talk is hilarious.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

• Thought D-Unit would like this one, great Singletary/Ray Lewis clip, reposted from Cowboyszone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwE-0atpysQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigo
            If I had to pick one team in the league that needs a RB the least, it might be the Cowboys. They have two great running backs who aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Even San Diego could use one more than Dallas since Michael Turner wont be there much longer.

This Ramonce Taylor talk is hilarious.
            No, we don't need a RB, but neither Julius nor Marion have the breakaway talents Ramonce does. And we could get him in the 6th round, I don't see why there is objection. :roll:

We need an o-line, and that is the bottom line. It does matter how good the RB's are. If LT were on the Cardinals he wouldn't have even sniffed that TD record this year. Go and ask Edgerrin James. If our offensive had a solid o-line we would be amazing, but our o-line sucks.

Comment

• No, we don't need a RB, but neither Julius nor Marion have the breakaway talents Ramonce does. And we could get him in the 6th round, I don't see why there is objection. :roll:

i'm not sure if im right or not but we cannot get him in the 6th unless we trade down and get one because we sent one to kansas city for Fugita last year and we never got any compensation for pete hunter. Anyways I know what you mean I would definately spend a late round pick on taylor he can be a homelessmans reggie bush

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
                No, we don't need a RB, but neither Julius nor Marion have the breakaway talents Ramonce does. And we could get him in the 6th round, I don't see why there is objection. :roll:

i'm not sure if im right or not but we cannot get him in the 6th unless we trade down and get one because we sent one to kansas city for Fugita last year and we never got any compensation for pete hunter. Anyways I know what you mean I would definately spend a late round pick on taylor he can be a homelessmans reggie bush
                We have 3 7th rounders, but I don't see any one will draft him. Two thing agsinst him 1). he is come form a very small school 2). he is link it to durg problem. Also, I don't think he will get invited to the combine either. Maybe show me his status and tell me what make you think he is faster JJ? This is what I like him after watched the highlight, He has a very good vison and very athlete, which make him a talent player. I believe Cowboys will sign him as Undrafted player like what we did to TT. Talking TT, he is the faster RB in our roster, but he is not our number one RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
                  Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual

We have 3 7th rounders, but I don't see any one will draft him. Two thing agsinst him 1). he is come form a very small school 2). he is link it to durg problem. Also, I don't think he will get invited to the combine either. Maybe show me his status and tell me what make you think he is faster JJ? This is what I like him after watched the highlight, He has a very good vison and very athlete, which make him a talent player. I believe Cowboys will sign him as Undrafted player like what we did to TT. Talking TT, he is the faster RB in our roster, but he is not our number one RB.
                  Transfer from Texas. He scored a TD in the National title game against USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
                    Originally posted by nrcirc

Transfer from Texas. He scored a TD in the National title game against USC.
                    That's very good. Do you have any office time for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdnoyes
                      Thought D-Unit would like this one, great Singletary/Ray Lewis clip, reposted from Cowboyszone.

AAAHHh... Nice nice! :D

Why would we want Norv who would just overrule and eliminated all that Garrett is supposed to bring to the table? Meh.

We need a defensive minded HC. Singletary or bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        Originally posted by jdnoyes
                        Thought D-Unit would like this one, great Singletary/Ray Lewis clip, reposted from Cowboyszone.

AAAHHh... Nice nice! :D

Why would we want Norv who would just overrule and eliminated all that Garrett is supposed to bring to the table? Meh.

We need a defensive minded HC. Singletary or bust.
                        I still think its gonna be Norv/Rivera for the positions.

Jones said the development of quarterback Tony Romo will play a big part in his decision. He said he spoke with Hall of Famer Roger Staubach about the development of a quarterback for two hours Saturday.

"Obviously we think [Romo's] got a chance," Jones said. "We think a lot of Tony. We think a lot of him as a person. We like the way he got here, so his development is a big part of this decision."
                        Jones also added that the 3-4 defense the Cowboys used the last two seasons would not cause him to eliminate a coach or coordinator more familiar with the 4-3.

"You end up getting the same thing in the 3-4 that you get in the 4-3 at times," Jones said. "I can give you a good case why some of our personnel is better suited for the 4-3 right now."
                        Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.1cac46e.html

These two comments sure do point to norv and Rivera. I agree though....that isn't Garrett suppose to be the development guy of Romo...Surely Norv can't be a HC and put all his time into Romo. I really don't like the idea of Rivera. I like him as a coach...but I'd rather have singletary since he has expierenced both the 4-3 and the 3-4. That is key to our team...and he would know the best way to achieve success on that side of the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc

Ramonce was invited to the combine. And if you watched the video from youtube, there should be no question that he is much faster than JJ. And I don't expect or want him to be our starter, I want him to be a slasher who can create matchup problems and a big play threat out of the backfield. Ramonce will be either drafted or picked up in FA by us because of Jerry, and I'll put money on it. He will be a good back, wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                            [

Geez Jerry. Well I think I know who he is talking about. Furgy...Hatcher...Burnett. But I could also name about 10 people that it would hinder...I hope JJ has that view as well.
                            How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFan0520
                              Michael Irvin is finally going to be inducted in the Hall of Fame!!!!
                              You guys catch who Jerry was celebrating with in the green room when Irvin got announced as a Hall of Famer........No other than our next head coach (most likely) Norv Turner. :(

I'd rather have Singletary or even Phillips, but it looks more and more like Turner by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwareroy
                                Originally posted by thule
                                [

How would it hinder Burnett? He was a beast as a 4-3 OLB in Tennessee. I think he would start opposite of Carpenter when we switch to a 4-3 front.

The 4-3 defense would only hinder: Ferguson, Canty, Bradie James, Jay Ratliff, and Kenyon Coleman. The benefits of the 4-3 are that it would better utilize Marcus Spears, Burnett, Ware, and Ayodele.
                                He didnt say it would. He was saying Burnett would benifit fom it. Anyway i would hate the move, D-Ware is better suited for a 3-4 defense and i dont want us to lose another LB out there. We have some great 3-4 personel, they just need a real 3-4 coordinator and I'm not so sure we're going to get one.

Here's hoping for a Phillips or a Rivera HC and Singeltary DC hiring. As for Rivera he seems to believe the Cowboys want him as a HC, not a d coord. and I hope he is right. I dont see him leaving Chicago to take the same position under coach Norv Turner. Especially when he's already coaching a top ranked defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information