Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petigout was just cut by the Giants today. He might be worth a look see.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
      Petigout was just cut by the Giants today. He might be worth a look see.
      Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
        Good article about Spears and Luis Castillo in Phillips' defense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6467674
        Cool article! All of a sudden I have high hopes and high expectations of Mr. Marcus Spears. One thing about the San Diego DL compared to ours... their guys are much stronger. Spears, Canty and Hatcher are going to have to put on some muscle mass and lose some of that jelly.

Comment

• Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
          Re-sign Andre Gurode and Marc Colombo

FA Signings
          1. Eric Steinbach
          2. Asante Samuel
          3. Donnie Edwards

NFL Draft
          1. Dwayne Bowe
          2. Ryan Harris
          "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            Originally posted by leroyisgod
            Meh.
            Ive been a strong critic of Petitgout for years. However I will say this.

Petitgout>>>>Flozell Adams. Easily. If he's cheap, I see no reason not to make a short term commitment to Luke. This LT class isn't exactly gold anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
              Oh wow. I don't want him, but that's shocking to me.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                Meh.

Petitgout>>>>Flozell Adams. Easily. If he's cheap, I see no reason not to make a short term commitment to Luke. This LT class isn't exactly gold anyway.
                I don't know.. Flozell was still recovering from the torn ACL and his problem is that he's too inconsistent.. But when he's on the game he's for sure better than Petigout.. Adams is twice the run blocker that Petigout is.. He's vulnerable against speedy rusher but he had some very good games protecting Romo.. Against Dwight Freeney he surrended a sack in the first minutes of the game and than he shut him down all game long..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                  Good article about Spears and Luis Castillo in Phillips' defense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6467674
                  While I agree that players like the more "wide open" defense and I also agree that they will produce more sacks and more excitement -- one thing really bothers me ....

The fact that in none of these words by the D players do I hear one bit of contrition or remorse over the fact they failed in a D scheme that produced 5 SB championships in 20 years. It is not like Parcells is some D idiot.

To me what Spears, et al are doing is like Roy Williams coming out praising Phillips "New New Thing" and burying Parcells because "Roye was not used right" without mentioning "Roy's coverage failures, his weight issue and the poor angles he takes on routes."

Self serving it seems for these D players to come at it from this angle. The D fell apart because the players did not perform. It would be nice if some of the young guys on this team would take accountability and say so.

The only guys who said something on the Defense were Greg Ellis and T New. T New's outburst we heard. After BP quit, Greg came out and said there where players on the team who did not measure up to what the coaching staff wanted, they lost games and those losses bothered Parcells.

Maybe I am reading to much into this but guys like Spears, Canty, James and R Williams need to step up, be accountable and take ownership. I just don't see these guys doing it. Williams runs away from the media when they bring up coverage failures. James talks alot but was abused by the likes of Detroit. Canty is doing pranks on T New and fighting. Spears is lamenting his being called out for poor play and excited over the change of scenery.....

Put TO on one side of the ball, these young guys on the other side, the likes of Irvin and Sanders talking down their failures (enablers) while bad mouthing Parcells and it really strikes me an immature team at times. The classic "I confess, he did it" type of personalities.

Maybe I am crazy or too sensitive but I am sick of these guys blaming anyone but themselves for poor performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Meh.

BBD, nooooo way Pettigout is better than Flo. Even if we disagree, let us see how much better LP is AFTER REHABBING an injury.

Flo is inconsistent but plays excellent at times. LP is just average. TO each his own though....

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      Meh.

BBD, nooooo way Pettigout is better than Flo. Even if we disagree, let us see how much better LP is AFTER REHABBING an injury.

Flo is inconsistent but plays excellent at times. LP is just average. TO each his own though....
                      In defense of Petitgout, he was having a PB caliber year this year before injury. He was definately outperforming Flozell this year. I will cede the point however, because Ive been a harsh critic of Petitgout, and I question whether he can put up a similar performance next year. He would be a nice FA solution though for a team that needs a quick fix.

In regards to your rant on defense, I agree, but I'll hold off judgement until I see the team in action. Im personally a big believer in the 2 gap system. Its produced alot of success throughout the years, as is apparant in BP's years, as well as Bellichick's tenior, and Saban's use of it as well. The 3-4 is at its best when the dline 2 gaps, it allows the LBs (the playmakers of the defense) to do what they do. But again, I'll wait and see, maybe this defense is better at being a more attacking unit.

One thing from that article, if you notice, Phillips scheme is exactly what I said it was. Its a fireman blitz scheme masked as a 3-4. Its basically a 4-3 blitz heavy defense, he just uses the 3-4 shell to disguise his blitzes better.

Comment

• FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
                        1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
                        2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                        3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                        4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
                        5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
                        6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                        7. BPA
                        7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.

Comment

• I wouldnt mind signing Davis to play some RG. He's massive though but, he has proven that he can play some Guard so, i'm up for it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                            FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
                            2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                            3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                            4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
                            6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                            7. BPA
                            7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
                            I dont see us paying that much for dielman and I dont see him being let go anyway. As for Merriwearther, I'm starting to believe he is going to jump into the first, quite possibly the best S in this draft. I could see him taken 2nd off of the Safety board, wouldnt shock me one bit. As for Henry... he said he wouldnt object to the move as long as he gets to remain in Dallas and still start.

“We do believe Anthony has several years left as one of the league’s best cornerbacks,” said Henry’s agent, Jerrold Colton. “But if the Cowboys feel it would be best to move Anthony to safety, he would do it.”

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't think the Chargers are going to let Phillips take anybody else away.

Cowboys | Team denied permission to interview B. Stewart
                              Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:43:39 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Dallas Cowboys were denied permission from the San Diego Chargers to interview defensive backs coach Brian Stewart.

Cowboys | Team denied permission to interview Pagano
                              Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:41:00 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Dallas Cowboys were denied permission from the San Diego Chargers to interview assistant linebackers coach John Pagano.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                                Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
                                FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

Draft
                                2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
                                3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
                                4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
                                6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
                                7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
                                7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
                                7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information