X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by Modano
    If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..
    Yes, but why move Henry to FS?

this is such a stupid idea IMO. CB is one of the hardest positions to find, Henry is already a good CB, what if the move doesn't work out.

That is so stupid IMO.
    Well, Henry is on the wrong side of 30 now so even if you don't move him you've got 2 or so years left at CB for him.

So, why not try and move him to FS where you could get 4+ years and bring in a young player? It's not as if Aaron Glenn is young either. You NEED some youth at CB regardless of what you do with Henry. Moving Henry just makes alot of sense for age purposes and the fact you NEED another young talent anyway.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
      If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..

this is such a stupid idea IMO. CB is one of the hardest positions to find, Henry is already a good CB, what if the move doesn't work out.

That is so stupid IMO.
      Henry is a perfect fit in Phillips' 3-4 scheme. It sort of like a 46 where the corners jam and the FS plays a veritibal "centerfielder". Roy Williams would play Rover, the perfect role for him. We move nery to FS draft a jam corner in RD1, guard in RD2, and another skill guy in RD3. get it?

Comment

• Now, I know we all want Colombo and Gurode to be resigned, but am I the only one who want Romo to get a new contract soon? He's a free agent after next year. I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 year deal to lock him up for a while. This could be a lot later, but if it doesn't happen this offseason, then you better believe it's going to cost us some money, because he'll garner a lot of intrest. It could wait until camp, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
          Now, I know we all want Colombo and Gurode to be resigned, but am I the only one who want Romo to get a new contract soon? He's a free agent after next year. I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 year deal to lock him up for a while. This could be a lot later, but if it doesn't happen this offseason, then you better believe it's going to cost us some money, because he'll garner a lot of intrest. It could wait until camp, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.
          If we don't get Romo signed, it will be because Romo doesn't want to be here. I guarantee Jerry will cough up the dough. We haven't had a home-grown QB of note since Aikman, and Jerry will make sure we keep him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
            Originally posted by Staubach12
            Now, I know we all want Colombo and Gurode to be resigned, but am I the only one who want Romo to get a new contract soon? He's a free agent after next year. I wouldn't mind a 4 or 5 year deal to lock him up for a while. This could be a lot later, but if it doesn't happen this offseason, then you better believe it's going to cost us some money, because he'll garner a lot of intrest. It could wait until camp, but the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.
            If we don't get Romo signed, it will be because Romo doesn't want to be here. I guarantee Jerry will cough up the dough. We haven't had a home-grown QB of note since Aikman, and Jerry will make sure we keep him.
            The only person out of that group that won't definately be resigned is Columbo. I think Gurode and Romo will be easy.

Comment

• I've seen plenty of Nelson to know that he does have some technique problems and his tackling is at times subpar and can be a liability at the next level. There is no way Meriweather is going to be this year's Watson. Watson fell in the draft because,of his fluctuating weight, his lack of speed, and you know having the "underacheiver" label stuck to you throughout college doesnt help your chances. As for Meriweather he has just as much talent of say a Nelson, maybe more so. The only reason we're are even talking about him as a 2nd rounder right now is the two "incidents". The fight for one and returning fire with a legal handgun. I dont think either of these will be large enough to keep a player of Meriweather's talent out of the first. There are players that have done worse and were still selected in round numero uno. I just can't see him making it out of the first. He should test out exceptionally at the combine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• One different between Nelson and Merriweather is height. Merriweather has the height for an average corner. Sure if you are good enough you can overcome height, but I don't think Brandon is that type of special.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                  Originally posted by TNewFan41

That is so stupid IMO.
                  Well, Henry is on the wrong side of 30 now so even if you don't move him you've got 2 or so years left at CB for him.

So, why not try and move him to FS where you could get 4+ years and bring in a young player? It's not as if Aaron Glenn is young either. You NEED some youth at CB regardless of what you do with Henry. Moving Henry just makes alot of sense for age purposes and the fact you NEED another young talent anyway.
                  30 is not old anymore. So your saying in 3 years we will have to move Newman to safety, yea right. Newman will have atleast 6 more pro-bowl season, regardless of age. Look at Jason Taylor, who is 32, just had his best season yet, and DE is a much more grueling position than CB. Plus with all the new medicines coming out Henry isn't old at all. I wouldn't be aposed to a young corner, but why fix something that isn't broken? Yet, atleast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                    Hahaha... Who was the last great NFL DB to come from Texas? Don't tell me Huff cause the jury is still out on him.

I'd take Ross, but I've got my reservations.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                      I've seen plenty of Nelson to know that he does have some technique problems and his tackling is at times subpar and can be a liability at the next level. There is no way Meriweather is going to be this year's Watson. Watson fell in the draft because,of his fluctuating weight, his lack of speed, and you know having the "underacheiver" label stuck to you throughout college doesnt help your chances. As for Meriweather he has just as much talent of say a Nelson, maybe more so. The only reason we're are even talking about him as a 2nd rounder right now is the two "incidents". The fight for one and returning fire with a legal handgun. I dont think either of these will be large enough to keep a player of Meriweather's talent out of the first. There are players that have done worse and were still selected in round numero uno. I just can't see him making it out of the first. He should test out exceptionally at the combine.
                      There's a huge difference in coverage ability. Merriweather isn't close to Nelson. I'm not worried about Nelson's ability to provide run support...and Brandon could very well be better in that aspect. But that's not really our problem. Our problem is coverage and it has been that way for a long time now. I'm much more interested in getting a FS that has elite coverage skills than a FS that can provide run D.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        Hahaha... Who was the last great NFL DB to come from Texas? Don't tell me Huff cause the jury is still out on him.

Coming our from Texas is fine as long as your last name is not Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
                          Originally posted by D-Unit

I don't know if I should be laughing with you.. or at you.

Comment

Originally posted by nrcirc

I don't know if I should be laughing with you.. or at you.
                            :?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                            Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                              I've seen plenty of Nelson to know that he does have some technique problems and his tackling is at times subpar and can be a liability at the next level. There is no way Meriweather is going to be this year's Watson. Watson fell in the draft because,of his fluctuating weight, his lack of speed, and you know having the "underacheiver" label stuck to you throughout college doesnt help your chances. As for Meriweather he has just as much talent of say a Nelson, maybe more so. The only reason we're are even talking about him as a 2nd rounder right now is the two "incidents". The fight for one and returning fire with a legal handgun. I dont think either of these will be large enough to keep a player of Meriweather's talent out of the first. There are players that have done worse and were still selected in round numero uno. I just can't see him making it out of the first. He should test out exceptionally at the combine.
                              There's a huge difference in coverage ability. Merriweather isn't close to Nelson. I'm not worried about Nelson's ability to provide run support...and Brandon could very well be better in that aspect. But that's not really our problem. Our problem is coverage and it has been that way for a long time now. I'm much more interested in getting a FS that has elite coverage skills than a FS that can provide run D.
                              I dont know about that one. I've seen Nelson bite one too many times on play action to give him that. I'm sure Reggie will be picked before Meriweather... most people have him going anywhere from 9-15 it seems but, i dont think he will have the better pro career. I dont think there coverage ability is nearly as far apart as you think it is and Meriweather has him beat in speed, vertical, and tackling ability. Like I said before I would be happy with either one but, I'm liking Meriweather better in the long run. In either case, they would give us some nice flexibilty given they both have the talent to play safety or corner. I'd be surprised to see either make the move to corner though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                I dont know about that one. I've seen Nelson bite one too many times on play action to give him that. I'm sure Reggie will be picked before Meriweather... most people have him going anywhere from 9-15 it seems but, i dont think he will have the better pro career. I dont think there coverage ability is nearly as far apart as you think it is and Meriweather has him beat in speed, vertical, and tackling ability. Like I said before I would be happy with either one but, I'm liking Meriweather better in the long run. In either case, they would give us some nice flexibilty given they both have the talent to play safety or corner. I'd be surprised to see either make the move to corner though.
                                Combine will settle some, however, no matter how well Merriweather does, I highly doubt he gets selected before Nelson. I'll be surprised if Merriweather is a first round pick at all. I see Nelson going between 15-20. Lot of teams in that range could use him.

Another issue and it is a big one, is his character flaws. You really cannot underestimate it. ...and as long as we have Jeff Ireland... We won't even give Brandon a second look.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information