Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Ramirez is still gonna be stronger than Blaylock. The NFL isn't a bench press competition, its a game played on grass. What the bench press doesn't take into account is player weights. While Blaylock may lift as much, that doesn't mean that he's just as strong in the trenches as Ramirez. Ramirez's extra weight will make it alot tougher for DTs and LBs to break off of his blocks. His extra weight will also wear down opposing defenses quicker.

While they bench the same weight, Ramirez will play "stronger".

We've seen this before with Ware and Merriman. Ware lifted more, but Merriman plays stronger. Thats because Merriman weighs more. Momentum is big in football. And thats mass X velocity. Player weights are very important, and the bench is an inexact science.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Ramirez is still gonna be stronger than Blaylock. The NFL isn't a bench press competition, its a game played on grass. What the bench press doesn't take into account is player weights. While Blaylock may lift as much, that doesn't mean that he's just as strong in the trenches as Ramirez. Ramirez's extra weight will make it alot tougher for DTs and LBs to break off of his blocks. His extra weight will also wear down opposing defenses quicker.

We've seen this before with Ware and Merriman. Ware lifted more, but Merriman plays stronger. Thats because Merriman weighs more. Momentum is big in football. And thats mass X velocity. Player weights are very important, and the bench is an inexact science.
      Blalock is way more athletic and technical. Main question to ask is... who has the better football smarts? I'd easily give it to Blalock who is a scholar athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        In regards to Ramirez, as I stated in the Giants team discussion, don't let the bench press fool you.

Blalock is way more athletic and technical. Main question to ask is... who has the better football smarts? I'd easily give it to Blalock who is a scholar athlete.
        What scares me about Blaylock is how he got his butt kicked in the Senior Bowl. Ramirez played 10X better, and was the only OG in the whole bowl week to take on and give Okeye the business.

Blaylock is faster yes, and maybe uses better technique, but Ramirez is a monster. A Larry Allen type, whereas Blaylock is a Snee type. I like my OGs big and nasty, so Id go with Ramirez. Especially since he can be had in a later round.

And football smarts...honestly, who cares, theyre Guards. Give me the ogre who picks up DTs and throws them.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit

What scares me about Blaylock is how he got his butt kicked in the Senior Bowl. Ramirez played 10X better, and was the only OG in the whole bowl week to take on and give Okeye the business.

Blaylock is faster yes, and maybe uses better technique, but Ramirez is a monster. A Larry Allen type, whereas Blaylock is a Snee type. I like my OGs big and nasty, so Id go with Ramirez. Especially since he can be had in a later round.

And football smarts...honestly, who cares, theyre Guards. Give me the ogre who picks up DTs and throws them.
          I think after QB, OL need to be the most intelligent players on the field.

Also, Blalock told the media that he was injured during the SB and only now is starting to feel better.

I don't know what reports your reading, but from all accounts I've run into Ramirez had a terrible SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit

Also, Blalock told the media that he was injured during the SB and only now is starting to feel better.

I don't know what reports your reading, but from all accounts I've run into Ramirez had a terrible SB.
            No, Ive read reports that Ramirez kicked butt in the Senior Bowl. He was the only OG not to get manhandled by Okeye during practice, and wasn't pushed back once during the game.

Im a fan of Blaylock, and Id like him too. But I just like Ramirez a little better. And he's more value at a later round. Blaylock could be a round 1 guy. Thats a heavy investment in an OG.

Comment

No, Ive read reports that Ramirez kicked butt in the Senior Bowl. He was the only OG not to get manhandled by Okeye during practice, and wasn't pushed back once during the game.

Im a fan of Blaylock, and Id like him too. But I just like Ramirez a little better. And he's more value at a later round. Blaylock could be a round 1 guy. Thats a heavy investment in an OG.
              I can agree with that.

Comment

• I agree with BBD, Ramirez is a beast. A Larry Allen clone. I would take either Blalock or Ramirez, but I would take Ramirez in the late 2nd/early 3rd than Blalock in the 1st. Both would be fine though, cause all we need is a good O-line and this team is easily in the NFC Title game.

If we get a better pass rush, which is an automatic with Wade, and our O-line plays solid, which it should with atleast one day 1 pick and probably one of the big 3 guards signed, this team will be a huge disappointment if we aren't in the NFC Title game atleast.

Comment

• Just having an interesting arguement.

If you could trade hypothetically
                  Crayton
                  Spears
                  MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                    Just having an interesting arguement.

Crayton
                    Spears
                    MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
                    Of course not. No explanation needed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                      Originally posted by thule

Crayton
                      Spears
                      MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
                      Of course not. No explanation needed.

Comment

Crayton
                        Spears
                        MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
                        Not a fan of spears?

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                          I agree with BBD, Ramirez is a beast. A Larry Allen clone. I would take either Blalock or Ramirez, but I would take Ramirez in the late 2nd/early 3rd than Blalock in the 1st. Both would be fine though, cause all we need is a good O-line and this team is easily in the NFC Title game.

If we get a better pass rush, which is an automatic with Wade, and our O-line plays solid, which it should with atleast one day 1 pick and probably one of the big 3 guards signed, this team will be a huge disappointment if we aren't in the NFC Title game atleast.
                          If we sign a G in FA, we don't need to draft a G on Day 1. You act as if our offense was the reason why we didn't win more.

Our Defense is porous and that's the bottom line.

Comment

Crayton
                            Spears
                            MB3

for

Joe Thomas

would you do it?
                            I would do it for Ed Reed.

Comment

• any chance we have enough money to get pacman if he is let go?

Comment

• It isn't a question of money, because they want to trade him, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information