This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way that this statement:

Need I remind anyone of our depth and inexperience along the entire DL? Our DL flat out sucks!
    Could possibly be true, unless you are declaring both Canty and Spears complete and utter busts. Our DE rotation is loaded with talent, the only question is going to be whether they can turn that talent into production. Spears is coming to the end of the grace-period. If he doesn't turn into a good-to-very-good DE this year, he is gone. Canty might have a little more leeway, but he needs to turn it up, too. Ratliff is a dynamo, and Hatcher, at least imo, has star potential. That is loaded, my friend. Add to that a 10 year vet like Fergy who is still near the top of his game, and you have a very solid line. I like it.

Personally, I think RB/FB/H-Back and Safety are our two weakest spots. D-Line is right up there. Now, if those guys go bust, then we could be singing a different tune come this time next year, or even midseason this year. But you could say the same thing about LB (with Spencer, Carp and Burnett all unproven and expected to contribute this year) or WR (where we don't know what to expect from players who should be on the decline, and unproven youngsters behind them) or QB where Romo has only played significant time in 11 games, with a washed up has-been behind him....

No, I think DLine is a relative strong point for our team. It contains the biggest problem area on the team (backup NT), but when that's your biggest problem area, you should be pretty satisfied with where you're at. I think it's very good, but not quite as good as our TE, WR, and LB spots, which imo are the best on the team.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
      There is no way that this statement:

Could possibly be true, unless you are declaring both Canty and Spears complete and utter busts. Our DE rotation is loaded with talent, the only question is going to be whether they can turn that talent into production. Spears is coming to the end of the grace-period. If he doesn't turn into a good-to-very-good DE this year, he is gone. Canty might have a little more leeway, but he needs to turn it up, too. Ratliff is a dynamo, and Hatcher, at least imo, has star potential. That is loaded, my friend. Add to that a 10 year vet like Fergy who is still near the top of his game, and you have a very solid line. I like it.

Personally, I think RB/FB/H-Back and Safety are our two weakest spots. D-Line is right up there. Now, if those guys go bust, then we could be singing a different tune come this time next year, or even midseason this year. But you could say the same thing about LB (with Spencer, Carp and Burnett all unproven and expected to contribute this year) or WR (where we don't know what to expect from players who should be on the decline, and unproven youngsters behind them) or QB where Romo has only played significant time in 11 games, with a washed up has-been behind him....

No, I think DLine is a relative strong point for our team. It contains the biggest problem area on the team (backup NT), but when that's your biggest problem area, you should be pretty satisfied with where you're at. I think it's very good, but not quite as good as our TE, WR, and LB spots, which imo are the best on the team.
      Well, your comparison between our DL and LBs that I don't like, is that Spears and Canty have had 2 years in the system as starters already. Carp and Burnett are back ups or situational players and provide solid depth. Spencer hasn't even had a chance to show us what he's got. In order for our Defense to have any significant impact this year, those guys on the DL need to step it up big time. I do like Ratliff coming off the bench. I think he's turned out to be a very serviceable player and a heck of a 6th round pick.

Unless Spears and Canty show dramatic improvement, that unit will be an area of concern. I'm definitely hoping that they come on strong. Right now, if I were to rank our 3-4 DL to others in the NFL, it'd go something like this:

Patriots
      Ravens
      Chargers
      Steelers
      Jets
      Cowboys
      49ers
      Browns

So yeah, ours sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Need I remind anyone of our depth and inexperience along the entire DL? Our DL flat out sucks!
        God forbid we see how it plays out in the regular season. Can I get a SB winner now too? I could use some more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by fryman View Post
          God forbid we see how it plays out in the regular season. Can I get a SB winner now too? I could use some more money.
          SB Winner? New England Patriots

Comment

Unless Spears and Canty show dramatic improvement, that unit will be an area of concern. I'm definitely hoping that they come on strong. Right now, if I were to rank our 3-4 DL to others in the NFL, it'd go something like this:

Patriots
            Ravens
            Chargers
            Steelers
            Jets
            Cowboys
            49ers
            Browns

So yeah, ours sucks.
            The Jets' DL better than the Cowboys' DL? Definitely not imo.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              The Jets' DL better than the Cowboys' DL? Definitely not imo.
              Not only are they better, they're deeper.

RDE Shaun Ellis, Bobby Hamilton, Michael Haynes, Darrell Adams
              NT Dewayne Robertson, CJ Mosley, Sione Pouha, Zarnell Fitch
              LDE Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Erik Hicks, Kenyon Coleman, Mike DeVito

Comment

Not only are they better, they're deeper.

RDE Shaun Ellis, Bobby Hamilton, Michael Haynes, Darrell Adams
                NT Dewayne Robertson, CJ Mosley, Sione Pouha, Zarnell Fitch
                LDE Kimo Von Oelhoffen, Erik Hicks, Kenyon Coleman, Mike DeVito
                If the Jets DL is that good, they won't spent so much on Kenyon Coleman. I am not sure, you may forget Jason Hatcher, I believe he will push to become a starter over Spear.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
                  If the Jets DL is that good, they won't spent so much on Kenyon Coleman. I am not sure, you may forget Jason Hatcher, I believe he will push to become a starter over Spear.
                  It's hard to bench a player making that much money....He may split time...however he won't be permanently replaced on the field if he plays average or above.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                    It's hard to bench a player making that much money....He may split time...however he won't be permanently replaced on the field if he plays average or above.
                    If the money talk, he should be a starter. One thing brother me now is no news on NT (back-up). Most of areas are covering by the media except NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
                      Hatcher hasn't proved or done anything and the only reports I hear on him are negative. Excuse me if I'm not ready to declare him better than Shaun Ellis or Kimo VO. There's a lot of proving this season for our DEs. There is potential, but potential doesn't do anything if it isn't realized.

Comment

Hatcher hasn't proved or done anything and the only reports I hear on him are negative. Excuse me if I'm not ready to declare him better than Shaun Ellis or Kimo VO. There's a lot of proving this season for our DEs. There is potential, but potential doesn't do anything if it isn't realized.
                        Until he got hurt, Hatcher was having a great camp, and was the best pass rusher not named Ware. I don't know why you said that you hear only negative things about him...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Before he get hurt, I believe he (add 15 lbs) is one of the player that have best TC this year along with Sam Hurd. I am not saying he is better than anyone outside Cowboys camp, but he is better than Spear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            Until he got hurt, Hatcher was having a great camp, and was the best pass rusher not named Ware. I don't know why you said that you hear only negative things about him...
                            What kind of injury did he sustain? A big injury can KILL any potential a player used to have.

Comment

• torn hamstring. supposed to start practicing next week.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

What kind of injury did he sustain? A big injury can KILL any potential a player used to have.
                                Just a hamstring. I don't think it's anything to be worried about.

http://www.kffl.com/player/13926/nfl

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information