X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
    http://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/...15/874107.aspx

Maybe not, but he's not practicing today.
    I wouldn't expect him to miss more than 1 game... if that.

Comment

• too bad for newman/henry as far as the pro bowl goes, those injuries have hindered both of them this year and i doubt either one gets back to 100% this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        too bad for newman/henry as far as the pro bowl goes, those injuries have hindered both of them this year and i doubt either one gets back to 100% this year.
        how do you know that?? Newman has looked great ever since he has came back, and if he's not 100% ill take him where hes at now, he played great vs Lee Evans, Burress, and Moss for the most part...Henry has been working his way back but i wasnt under the impression that the injury either of the 2 had would stop them from being healthy later in the yaer

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          how do you know that?? Newman has looked great ever since he has came back, and if he's not 100% ill take him where hes at now, he played great vs Lee Evans, Burress, and Moss for the most part...Henry has been working his way back but i wasnt under the impression that the injury either of the 2 had would stop them from being healthy later in the yaer
          I think both have played great when they have played... The only problem is that if you want to make the pro bowl in a season in which you have injuries, you better have some big time name recognition, which neither one of these guys has.

Just speculation... Newman has said he wont be 100% this year no matter what because the only way to get to 100% is to take 6-9 weeks off completely so we'll have to wait for the offseason. I think if he would of been starting from game 1 and was 100% he probably could of made a big push this year and finally got his name out there. However, I still don't think he has gotten the recognition he deserves nationally and I wouldn't be surprised if he is snubbed again.

Henry may have a chance because of his interceptions, especially if he gets a few more during these next 3 games.

The only problem is that Henry is being worked back in slowly and has been getting sore after games (that is why he took some days off practice this week) and I'm worried that over this stretch in which he has to play 3 games in 12 days, he may not be able to recover quickly enough to play at a high level after the first game.

Comment

• I liked troy aikmans knock on Newman last week. He is a top corner in the league however...he lacks ball skills and his lack of turnovers keep him from being elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
              I liked troy aikmans knock on Newman last week. He is a top corner in the league however...he lacks ball skills and his lack of turnovers keep him from being elite.
              I heard that and thought that was spot on. Newman lacks playmaking ability... but he does shutdown everyone not named Randy Moss. Ironically, that's Roy's strength. The two balance out each other in a weird way.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I heard that and thought that was spot on. Newman lacks playmaking ability... but he does shutdown everyone not named Randy Moss. Ironically, that's Roy's strength. The two balance out each other in a weird way.
                I would put Antony Henry as the playmaker. Roy as the enforcer...and Hamlin as the QB...

Comment

I would put Antony Henry as the playmaker. Roy as the enforcer...and Hamlin as the QB...
                  OK. I can buy that.

Comment

• Next year's FA crop of DBs is pretty impressive. Dunno if you guys saw... I think if we land someone like Dre Bly, Dominic Foxworth, Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Quentin Jammer, Drayton Florence... we may not have to spend a first rounder on cb. :)

Comment

Next year's FA crop of DBs is pretty impressive. Dunno if you guys saw... I think if we land someone like Dre Bly, Dominic Foxworth, Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Quentin Jammer, Drayton Florence... we may not have to spend a first rounder on cb. :)
                      Jammer and Florence have ties to Stewart and Phillips so that wouldn't surprise me at all. I like Tillman a lot for our scheme and Vasher would be a nice pick up.

But this thing that bothers me is that both of our starting safeties will be over 30 next year...I would like some developmental talent over starting talent as a nickel corner.

Comment

Jammer and Florence have ties to Stewart and Phillips so that wouldn't surprise me at all. I like Tillman a lot for our scheme and Vasher would be a nice pick up.

But this thing that bothers me is that both of our starting safeties will be over 30 next year...I would like some developmental talent over starting talent as a nickel corner.
                        The likelihood of landing a big namer is probably not very realistic as well. A developmental guy, I'm fine with. Was a nice thought for the 2 seconds it lasted. If we address DB in FA, it'll probably be a 3rd tier guy like an Aaron Glenn type.

Comment

• I would like Jammer on this team. I wouldn't call him a shutdown or big play CB, but he is a guy who knows the system and from what I've seen a very solid tackler, most notably in the open field. I expect Wade to give him a look for sure if he does go into FA.

But with the depth and talent at CB in this year's draft, I wouldn't mind adding a young guy also.

Comment

• Also, not sure if it was posted yet, but Davis was a "full participant" in stretches and bag drills yesterday. Reports says he looks fine.

Comment

Next year's FA crop of DBs is pretty impressive. Dunno if you guys saw... I think if we land someone like Dre Bly, Dominic Foxworth, Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Quentin Jammer, Drayton Florence... we may not have to spend a first rounder on cb. :)
                              Florence will probably be the only one available of all those guys...and he is horrible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

How you figure that?

Hamlin is 26 and Roy is 27

so next year Hamlin will be 27 (in January) and Roy will be 28 (in August)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information