Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watched the Pats Game again. I think in a rematch it should be a closer game than folks think here are some things I picked up.

    Pats on Offense / Boys on Defense

    1) They could not run the ball on our Base D. They got no push. Last drive masked that fact. I was surprised to see this. We even stopped them cold playing nickel.

    2) If a Pats RB or TE Chips a DE -- the ball is going to the chipper. On a few key plays the Pats converted ... that was the case.

    3) Brady had troubles with movement of the pass rusher .... particularly when we lined up two OLB over one of the tackles in a 7/9 technique .... he always went to a three step drop and quick shot to the WR. If we press, Brady ends up either eating it or throwing it away.

    4) Faulk and Welker killed us. TNew needs to cover over Welker and Burnett neeeds to be assigned the RB. My version of a Box-and-1 from basketball. 9 guys play zone or rush. Two guys play man.

    5) If Roy gets Watson he needs to jam him or the OLB needs to chip him. Watson blew past Roy a few times even with a 10 yard cushion.

    Cowboy on Offense and Pats on D

    1) We rant he ball well. We need to do it early and often to avoid 2 and 10. We got killed on 2nd and 10 all game.

    2) No drops. Crayton and TO hurt us in the first half with this. Two three outs came from it and another drive died with Crayton slipping on third.

    3) More Down and Outs to WR between the CB and S or in fron of the CB -- depends on hwo they play zone. Pats can't cover them as shown by the Colts when healthy. We got a few in and they where successful.

    4) Get the Slot WR to attack the Safeties deep (like TO this Sunday) -- we did none of it. It is key to opening up the middle of the field which we did not do versus the Pats.

    5) TO Short Crossing Routes -- their LB can't run with him and our WR should be able to block the NE Corners.

    6) Forget those little passes in front of the LB in the zone. Pats eat those up.

    Special Teams

    1) Get three gunners in the game, hell four. Welker changed Field Position on us too often. Pats don't have anyone to get after the Punter.

    2) Can Folk kick off better?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
      Why would Garrett wait? Hes hot NOW. If he gets a head coaching offer hes gone. Id love for him to stay just as much as the next guy but when a job comes open you have to take it. Asking him to wait wouldnt be fair to him or his family IMO. We will see but I cant imagine he's going to wait three years.
      There is only ONE Dallas Cowboys Head Coaching job. You don't just pass that up for the first gig to pop up.

      Comment


      • If it weren't clear that Jerry wants to make Garrett the HC in the future, then yeah, he'd probably jump ship for the first HC job available. However, JJ has made it clear. So basically, if Garrett sticks around, he goes from backup QB of America's Team to Head Coach of America's Team. It'll be worth the wait.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Looks like Sam Hurd will most likely get the start on Thursday. Crayton went down w/ an ankle injury and will probably not play.

          http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...abn4113630.htm
          I heard this too. Will the 3rd WR be Austin or Stanback? I heard Stanback practiced this week at WR. I'm concerned about Austin's route running. I feel that he could evidently leave Romo hanging in some situations; kind of like Manning's God awful receivers (Moorhead, Fletcher, etc). Thoughts?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dc4life View Post
            I heard this too. Will the 3rd WR be Austin or Stanback? I heard Stanback practiced this week at WR. I'm concerned about Austin's route running. I feel that he could evidently leave Romo hanging in some situations; kind of like Manning's God awful receivers (Moorhead, Fletcher, etc). Thoughts?
            u assuming Stanback runs better routes?

            Comment


            • I'm sure Austin will be the third receiver.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cowboysforever View Post
                u assuming Stanback runs better routes?
                Nope, haven't seen him play too much. But i'd like to see some new talent.

                Comment


                • SO all you Marion Barber heroes... How do you feel now. Three victories with absolutely no rushing attack and Marion Barber getting the rock more times then JJ...

                  MB3 through the last three games

                  @ Phi
                  16 att 56 yards 1 TD

                  @ NYG
                  12 att 34 yards 0 TD

                  v Was
                  15 att 43 yards 0 TD


                  JJ

                  @ Phi
                  13 att 57 yards 1 TD

                  @ NYG
                  11 att 48 yards 0 TD

                  v Was
                  9 att 27 yards 0 TD


                  Does anyone see the common theme here? JJ has MB3's old rushing att's with way less yardage... While MB3 has JJ's attempts with only a slightly better(at best) ypc average.

                  Overall the Cowboys rushing attack is getting pumped and MB3 is not having the same impact later in the games. Go back to giving JJ the majority of carries and allowing Marion to dominate teams later in the game. It gives Dallas the best chance to win(instead of trying to give MB3 better stats)...

                  Comment


                  • Yeah some dude just came out w/ an article like that...I wouldnt mind giving the ball to Julius on more 1st and 2nd downs. As it is right now...Marion is more the "starter" than Julius and it hasnt been working very well. A lot of the blame has to be put on the O-Line though, we're not the greatest run blocking team...the holes havent always been there this season.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Yeah some dude just came out w/ an article like that...I wouldnt mind giving the ball to Julius on more 1st and 2nd downs. As it is right now...Marion is more the "starter" than Julius and it hasnt been working very well. A lot of the blame has to be put on the O-Line though, we're not the greatest run blocking team...the holes havent always been there this season.
                      The holes havent been there since Larry Allen was there... We have had decent work from the RB's because JJ takes the punishment early in the game while he and the Passing game is softening up the D(and taking a beating on the stat sheet)... And Marion comes in and punishes a softer Defence far more then Julius is able to if given the opportunity and far more then Barber himself is able to if hes used all of his big play ability trying to break 8 yard gains on first down in the first and second quarter.

                      This was my argument all season. There was no chance in hell that Marion was going to be able to batter Defences like he was able to last season with more attempts.(not unless he was a super beast...)

                      I dont know... Maybe we have run up against good Run D's the last few games and Im overreacting...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                        Nope, haven't seen him play too much. But i'd like to see some new talent.
                        Then start with the 6'3, 4.41 guy first who actually plays WR.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                          The holes havent been there since Larry Allen was there... We have had decent work from the RB's because JJ takes the punishment early in the game while he and the Passing game is softening up the D(and taking a beating on the stat sheet)... And Marion comes in and punishes a softer Defence far more then Julius is able to if given the opportunity and far more then Barber himself is able to if hes used all of his big play ability trying to break 8 yard gains on first down in the first and second quarter.

                          This was my argument all season. There was no chance in hell that Marion was going to be able to batter Defences like he was able to last season with more attempts.(not unless he was a super beast...)

                          I dont know... Maybe we have run up against good Run D's the last few games and Im overreacting...
                          Not sure I buy all this but I think we do need to run more with conviction.

                          Just seems we do a running play to get teams off their pass rush more than anything else.

                          I can't remember a play where we rip of 10++ yards and we follow up with another running play or two.

                          Run blocking is about attitude and repitition. Just don't have the personality with Garrett.

                          Comment


                          • http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5321983.html

                            Sammy Hurd baby!!!!

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • I think Garrett could get the HC job here before Wade's job is up, no guarantee he does the whole 3 years...and Garrett was more then likely promised the job here, almost had it before, no way he leaves after one season, this is the situation he wants to be in, has a great relationship with Jerry and Romo, and has a young qb who can run the offense the way he wants to, along with all those weapons we have, he knows he will be the HC here and thats the job he wants





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah but, if San Diego come asking for him, it would be very hard to turn them down.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information