Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congrats on getting rid of Vanderjagt.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

    Comment


    • I haven't seen him play in quite awhile, so is Gramatica any improvement over Vandershank?

      According to dc.com, they are also about to sign Carlos Martinez, the kicker from the Dallas arena league team to the practice squad.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FinChase
        I haven't seen him play in quite awhile, so is Grammatica any improvement over Vandershank?

        According to dc.com, they are also about to sign Carlos Martinez, the kicker from the Dallas arena league team to the practice squad.
        Well Vandy only hit about 70% of his kicks...and only could kick off to the 5-10 yard line. I think he will definately help us on kickoffs...as long as he hits 70% of his fieldgoals he's an upgrade imo.

        I wouldn't look into the PS kicker very much...prob just a precausionary measure...wonder who gets kicked off the ps then?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit
          It's Josh Brown or bust!
          /agreed
          He is a RFA correct? any idea on compensation...I was just guessing a 3rd would get the job done. Hell I'll give up a 2nd round pick we all konw we hit on our 4th round picks more then 2nd rounders neways :P

          Comment


          • Gramatica was a stud this pre season.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thule
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              It's Josh Brown or bust!
              /agreed
              He is a RFA correct? any idea on compensation...I was just guessing a 3rd would get the job done. Hell I'll give up a 2nd round pick we all konw we hit on our 4th round picks more then 2nd rounders neways :P
              I think he was a RFA last year and should be unrestricted this year.

              Desings by D-Unit

              Comment


              • Originally posted by thule
                Originally posted by FinChase
                I haven't seen him play in quite awhile, so is Grammatica any improvement over Vandershank?

                According to dc.com, they are also about to sign Carlos Martinez, the kicker from the Dallas arena league team to the practice squad.
                Well Vandy only hit about 70% of his kicks...and only could kick off to the 5-10 yard line. I think he will definately help us on kickoffs...as long as he hits 70% of his fieldgoals he's an upgrade imo.

                I wouldn't look into the PS kicker very much...prob just a precausionary measure...wonder who gets kicked off the ps then?
                Hell, I'll consider it an upgrade if he can just hit consistently inside of 40 yards!

                Comment


                • The Cowboys have just replaced the most accurate kicker in league history with, perhaps, one of the most inaccurate kickers in football.

                  Over the 2003-04 seasons, Martin Gramatica was 6-of-12 from 30-39 yards. But he did manage to go 4-of-13 in the 40-49 range.

                  It appears that Bill Parcells has traded one headcase for another, but at least this guy jumps around a lot on the rare occasions when he connects. :( :shock: :? :? :x :| scary huh?

                  on another note, does anyody know why romo wears #9? there was a good write up in my paper today on the subject..but if everybody already knows......




                  The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pocketaces
                    The Cowboys have just replaced the most accurate kicker in league history with, perhaps, one of the most inaccurate kickers in football.

                    Over the 2003-04 seasons, Martin Gramatica was 6-of-12 from 30-39 yards. But he did manage to go 4-of-13 in the 40-49 range.

                    It appears that Bill Parcells has traded one headcase for another, but at least this guy jumps around a lot on the rare occasions when he connects. :( :shock: :? :? :x :| scary huh?

                    on another note, does anyody know why romo wears #9? there was a good write up in my paper today on the subject..but if everybody already knows......
                    At one time Gramatica was arguablly the best kicker in the game, it was a toss up between him and Olindo Mare. Yes, it looked like he was done these last few years but, he was phenominal in a patriots uni during this camp and pre season. I was shocked that no one gave him a ring, he looked like the player of old, he finally looks healthy again. I love the pick up.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jdallas
                      Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by D-Unit
                      It's Josh Brown or bust!
                      /agreed
                      He is a RFA correct? any idea on compensation...I was just guessing a 3rd would get the job done. Hell I'll give up a 2nd round pick we all konw we hit on our 4th round picks more then 2nd rounders neways :P
                      I think he was a RFA last year and should be unrestricted this year.
                      Yeah, they gave him a one year tender. He's unrestricted this year.


                      "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                      Albert Camus

                      Comment


                      • We should wait a few years and then draft South carolina's stud, Ryan Succop.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • What's with the Crosby fascination? he hasnt been that good this season, granted most of his misses are from 50 out but, he is kicking under 70% this year.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                            What's with the Crosby fascination? he hasnt been that good this season, granted most of his misses are from 50 out but, he is kicking under 70% this year.
                            Because a heavy dose of the posters here look at Scott's ranking and Scott's ranking only to formulate their opinions.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Number 10
                              Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                              What's with the Crosby fascination? he hasnt been that good this season, granted most of his misses are from 50 out but, he is kicking under 70% this year.
                              Because a heavy dose of the posters here look at Scott's ranking and Scott's ranking only to formulate their opinions.
                              This is true, I'm sure the majority havent even seen him play. yes, he has a nice leg but, talk about overrated on this board.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment



                              • photo of Vanderjagt leaving the Cowboys facilities


                                couldn't be happier to get rid of Vanderjagt a.k.a. Doink the Clown!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information