This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    Really, MOTH? I'm surprised that you think Akin is strong against the run. Maybe I'm blind, but from what I see, he is terrible against the run. He only had 4 more tackles than Burnett and he was constantly blown off the line. He was the reason for many of the big plays this year. Ryan Grants homerun against us was basically because of him.

DMNBlog did a break down of the last game of the season and Akin got way more snaps than Burnett did.

I know certain games Burnett got equal or more playing time, but for the majority of the season he only played a fraction of what Akin did, and He only came in on passing situations yet he still ended up with only 4 less tackles.

In my mind, Burnett is clearly the better blitzer, cover guy, and tackler. I've seen a lot of guys have trouble with Brandon Jacobs but I certainly remember Burnett single handedly putting him on his ass (and picking up a taunting penalty). I don't know, He just seems like the most athletic linebacker on the team and looks to have the potential to be more than Bradie James will ever be.

Maybe I just have a man crush on him. i don't know. It seems like an easy decision to me.
    I'm also in the agreement that Akin played poorly last year. The guy is not good at fighting off blocks, working through the garbage and getting to the ball carrier. He'll tackle the guy if the guy runs into him, but I don't remember one play where he aggressively pursued the ball carrier. ...and let's just forget about him in pass coverage. He's a non-factor, whereas Burnett is active in that part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      I have a feeling that D-line will not be addressed in the manner that many of us hope that it will. I think we just see a heavier rotation between spears and hatcher next year unfortunately.

The team is high on Canty (rumors are he is getting a contract that is around what ratliff just got) and Ratliff. They might want to give Hatcher another offseason to see what he can be before doing anything drastic.

I'd be in favor of moving the rat back to DE, where I think he is best suited, and us bringing in someone to plug the middle like Jammal Williams does.
      Well, I have hopes. I'm clinging onto the hope that they'll go after Rogers, but there have been positive signs that there is attention being shown on DL prospects at the Senior Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Well, I have hopes. I'm clinging onto the hope that they'll go after Rogers, but there have been positive signs that there is attention being shown on DL prospects at the Senior Bowl.
        I would love for us to do that. I think that takes us from an average D to a top tier D.

A true NT with DE's who can actually get pressure... It would open up a lot of things for us. More blitzing from the inside, and our OLB's would see less double teams. Pressure would really increase for us.The secondary would obviously benefit from this.

It just seems too easy to me. Every year there are great idea's that seem like they would benefit our team and we never get it done. I don't know, I'm skeptical, but would love for it to go down.

Comment

• Holy **** D.... Check this out...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story.../23/17305/7291

He's out for the taking if we want him
          Last edited by Burns336; 01-23-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• we have to at least make an offer. a fourth, maybe, but I wouldn't mind giving up a third

Comment

• Am I the only one not able to get Scotts SB updates?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• it was happening to me until I went into view in the menubar and selected the largest text size.

Comment

• ok thanks.......

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Yes, it is official, Rogers is on the block. Go throw a 4th, and get it done Jerrah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                      Yes, it is official, Rogers is on the block. Go throw a 4th, and get it done Jerrah.
                      Hell, I'm sure they'd take a 5th at this point. Most teams are going to sit back and wait until they release him.

Comment

• I'd give them the 5th then just to make sure we got him. A 5th for another potential leonard davis (as in was lazy with the other team, comes to us and dominates) is worth 10 5th rounders for me. Make it now jerry.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Anyone think Limas Sweed would work here? Apparently, he's a guy we spoke to extensively at the SB.
                          Ugh...every report I've read on Sweed says that he can't get separation, especially at the Senior Bowl. If we're going to take a senior wide receiver, let it be Early Doucet.

Comment

• Donnie Avery anyone?..

Comment

Donnie Avery anyone?..
                              Read my post in the draft forum.

Comment

Donnie Avery anyone?..
                                He'd make a good slot, and fill our immediate need for a deep threat, but I think that if we're going to use a high pick on a WR, that we'll be looking for a starter.

Besides... we're picking up Roy Williams, so don't worry. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information