Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cowboys shouldnt trade Spears and/or Carpenter. Spears is a good 3-4 DE who ties up the OL and that's what he's meant to do. Carpenter hasnt been used but when you have Ellis, Ware, James, Burnett, Spencer and Ayodele on the same team, its not going to be easy. I wouldnt trade either.

Another rumor that I read today is that Jerry Jones wants to trade RB Marion Barber and their two first round draft picks to MIA for the number one overall draft pick. Jones would then draft RB Darren McFadden.

While it's just a rumor, am I the only one who thinks that would be one stupid as hell move??? Sign Barber to an extension, re-sign Julius and there you go. Resigning both would be cheaper then the number one overall draft pick would be plus you still have your two first rounders.

If Jones wants to trade his two first rounders, I would trade them to NE for Moss if they franchise tag him. If the Cowboys cant win a SB next year with Romo, Barber, Jones, Owens, Moss, Witten and Crayton - they have serious ******* problems. Of course, having Owens and Moss together is just a dream of mine and not a rumor even though I wouldnt be surprised if Jones did actually trade for Moss since he still regrets passing on him in the 1998 NFL Draft.

Comment

• I refuse to think Jerry Jones is that stupid, regardless of how some people feel, I dont think he's THAT dumb and id lose all respect for how he runs this team...All this talk sounds like something Daniel Snyder would do, you dont tear up a team that won 13 games, you keep those first 2 picks and take who falls to you, people act like if your not picking top 10 those guys wont immediately contribute...

Trading picks for mcfadden is one thing, but talking about trading players who played big roles in our success is silly, usually history has shown its always a bad idea to trade all kinds of commoditys for the "next best thing", the team that receives all the picks/players always comes out on top...I refuse to think Jerry is going to dismantle his entire team for one rb

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        I refuse to think Jerry Jones is that stupid, regardless of how some people feel, I dont think he's THAT dumb and id lose all respect for how he runs this team...All this talk sounds like something Daniel Snyder would do, you dont tear up a team that won 13 games, you keep those first 2 picks and take who falls to you, people act like if your not picking top 10 those guys wont immediately contribute...

Trading picks for mcfadden is one thing, but talking about trading players who played big roles in our success is silly, usually history has shown its always a bad idea to trade all kinds of commoditys for the "next best thing", the team that receives all the picks/players always comes out on top...I refuse to think Jerry is going to dismantle his entire team for one rb
        the only way i think you trade the 2 first round pick is f Darren McFadden drop and you trade up to get him, but if the teams is asking for to much forget it, this team is a monster fear by all so there no reason to do something crazy

Comment

• I like the talk about Campo coming back here to be our secondary coach. He wasn't much of a HC, but he sure is a great get if we can get him to fill Bowles' old spot.

Love how JAX's secondary has played under Campo.

Comment

• I just can't help but think we don't give MB3 a multi-year deal...I mean if we tender him at the highest tender his value is a first and 3rd to another team....that alone for MB3 is fine with me....keep him on his rookie contract for his final year...and if he becomes bait to a team....bam we have a moving stone...does anyone else see this as a slight possibility?

Comment

• I would give up MBIII for a 1st and 3rd anyday of the week.

We already are dominating the NFC (we didn't play well in the playoffs, but we are the 4th youngest team in the NFL and are only getting better, especially Romo). With half of the pats defense already having AARP cards, and the Colts getting older as well, plus Harrison might be done for his career, I really think with a good draft and maybe a FA or 2 whole keeping our guys (Flo and Hamlin) we could and should start a dynasty.

Like The Legend said, who is a PACKER FAN, this team is a monster and feard (or will be :)) by all.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm right there with you. Everyone is talking about JJ getting him wrapped up. There's no real rush. Tender him a 1st & 3rd. If someone grabs him, I can live with that. IF not, then see how next year goes with him as more of a feature back, then get a long-term deal done, possibly.

I'm one of these folks that does not think we need to give MBIII a huge contract. I love him as a change of pace guy, but I do not think he would give you a return on that contract if you gave him 20-25 carries a game every game. He would break down by the 10th game of the season, IMO. If his agent is talking huge numbers, I say let him walk. MBIII is a guy that will most likely be out of the league at 30 due to his style.

We have to start taking a page out of the Patriots book. You can't let your emotions rule these decisions. That's why I also think we need to let Flo walk. Plug Free in there and make Hudson earn his money and make a LT out of him.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  Yeah, I'm right there with you. Everyone is talking about JJ getting him wrapped up. There's no real rush. Tender him a 1st & 3rd. If someone grabs him, I can live with that. IF not, then see how next year goes with him as more of a feature back, then get a long-term deal done, possibly.

I'm one of these folks that does not think we need to give MBIII a huge contract. I love him as a change of pace guy, but I do not think he would give you a return on that contract if you gave him 20-25 carries a game every game. He would break down by the 10th game of the season, IMO. If his agent is talking huge numbers, I say let him walk. MBIII is a guy that will most likely be out of the league at 30 due to his style.

We have to start taking a page out of the Patriots book. You can't let your emotions rule these decisions. That's why I also think we need to let Flo walk. Plug Free in there and make Hudson earn his money and make a LT out of him.
                  I'm 100% on board with this line of thinking. MBIII shouldn't get a new multi year deal until he can prove he's more than a part time back. If that's not good enough then let him walk.

I also think we should let Flo walk but we probably won't.

Trading two picks for DMAC is silly with MBIII already here. Trading MBIII and one first round pick for DMAC is a great idea.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                  I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Looks like Campo is our new secondary coach:

Campo's waiting
                    2:24 PM Mon, Jan 28, 2008 | Permalink
                    Albert Breer E-mail News tips
                    Jacksonville's assistant head coach Dave Campo has left Valley Ranch, but it doesn't look like he's left for good.

The next time he enters these doors, it could be as secondary coach. For now, the Cowboys seem content to abide by league code, which suggests Super Bowl week should be a quiet time for "The Other 30."

Campo's plan is to remain in the area -- where he has family -- for the time being.
                    Love the hire. Just like D-Unit said, he isn't good as a HC but as a secondary coach he is nasty and look at the way jacksonville's secondary has been playing. Love the hire.

Comment

• I don't see any of the teams out there that need a RB giving up a 1 & 3 for him. Plus I think he'll sign the offer sheet and stay and prove himself. I say by mid season next year he'll have a nice long term agreement.

As for Flo, I'd be willing to give him a one year deal and that's it. He's not worth paying all that upfront bonus money when he's really only got two more good years in him. Plus, I'm really interested in seeing one of the younger guys get a crack at the starting line-up.

Hamlin- we'd be stupid not to lock him into a 4-5 year deal. I could see some hesitancy because we have Roy in a big deal and spending that kind of money on two safeties might seem a little unreasonable. However, I don't foresee Roy wearing a Cowboys uniform after the '08 season if he performs the way he did this past year. He'd have to improve his game greatly to stick around. And if we get Hamlin locked down this year, don't be surprised if Roy isn't on the trading block.

Comment

• Was Campo under contract or let go?

On paper, this does not look like a promotion. Just curious.

Comment

• How many teams gave up the tender for Michael Turner? 0.

Rb's are so easy to come by, no one is going to spend a 1st and 3rd on him, its rare that you see that happen for a rb...

Im jus surprised with all these players talking about getting traded, why not trade roy? is his contract the only thing stoppin him from gettin traded?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjames View Post
                            Was Campo under contract or let go?

On paper, this does not look like a promotion. Just curious.
                            It's actually a demotion since Campo was also an assistant head coach. Del Rio gave permission to the Cowboys and that's how it happened.

Eh.. guess I can't call him Crapo anymore.

So far, we're 2 for 2 on getting upgrades for the assistants that we lost.

Grantham > Rodgers
                            Campo > Bowles

This is such a great thing. What's next Chan Gailey to coach the LBs? LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                              I'm 100% on board with this line of thinking. MBIII shouldn't get a new multi year deal until he can prove he's more than a part time back. If that's not good enough then let him walk.

I also think we should let Flo walk but we probably won't.

Trading two picks for DMAC is silly with MBIII already here. Trading MBIII and one first round pick for DMAC is a great idea.
                              MB3 has already proven his worth in my eyes. I don't know why others don't see that. Just because he's only had 1 game as a full time starter, doesn't mean the jury is still out on what kind of impact he can have on a game. He had 129 yards rushing and that was with the so called "tired" half he's blamed for having. I still argue that he wasn't tired. But whatevers. The days of team's relying on 1 back is over. A 5 year, $25M dollar contract is not bad for a guy that should be getting 70% of the carries.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                It's actually a demotion since Campo was also an assistant head coach. Del Rio gave permission to the Cowboys and that's how it happened.

Eh.. guess I can't call him Crapo anymore.

So far, we're 2 for 2 on getting upgrades for the assistants that we lost.

Grantham > Rodgers
                                Campo > Bowles

This is such a great thing. What's next Chan Gailey to coach the LBs? LOL!
                                FD: I am a huge Parcells fan so you can take this worth a grain of salt .....

What is Jerry Jones doing? It seems like he not trying to hold together the organization he spent big money on under Parcells. Pretty much let all the Parcells guys go in the last two years.

Now two guys essentially fired by other teams are rehired for position coaches? One an ex-HC coming back as a DB Coach? None of them have any existing chemistry with Wade or Stewart.

There are so many great, young coaches in the NFL why go this route?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information