This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Staubach12
    Hah! And what would be Jones' plan for our best defensive player, Ware?
    Trade him... You know. Because the 4-3 is soo much more important then a beast at attacking the QB...

I dont think Burnett's morale drops any further then its at at the moment. Remember this guy has been a backup since he was drafted(including last year)... Another year backing up arguably the best ILB of the last ten years cant hurt his development...

Originally posted by Number 10
    How worried are you guys about your LT situation right now?
    Considering that Flo and Gurode are the only players on our line currently who werent signed off free agency... Im a little bit worried. We havent draft very well on the line for a good 5 years now. And we are looking at replacing the best Lineman(in the most important position) we have with a guy we drafted...

Im definately worried. And im gonna need more then reassuring words before I think this is a great tradeoff. I am going to need to see him play... and play WELL~!

Does anyone think that Jake Long is good enough that we trade out our entire first round to a team like the Rams to nab him if he drops? Assuming we cant get Flo back...

Comment

• As a 13-3 team, we can't go changing up the O-Line. It is important to keep this group in tact. Maybe upgrade Kosier, but even that is iffy.

Comment

• Everyone needs to remember the Colts, they plugged in tony Ugoh in their line and their consistency stayed the same...They didnt feel like they needed to keep Tarik Glenn did they? No, they also didnt feel they needed to trade up and get a top 5 prospect, they had faith in who they drafted, and he played like a beast.

Just because we won alot of games, doesnt mean we have to keep the exact same O line otherwise it wont work, if you look around the league it happens all the time, we can be just as good without Flozell.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I would say that is the exception, not the rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend
            Everyone needs to remember the Colts, they plugged in tony Ugoh in their line and their consistency stayed the same...They didnt feel like they needed to keep Tarik Glenn did they? No, they also didnt feel they needed to trade up and get a top 5 prospect, they had faith in who they drafted, and he played like a beast.

Just because we won alot of games, doesnt mean we have to keep the exact same O line otherwise it wont work, if you look around the league it happens all the time, we can be just as good without Flozell.
            And how did that faith work out with Stephen Peterman? Rob Pettiti? Jacob Rogers? Tyson Walter? Matt Lehr? Torrin Tucker? Kurt Vollers?

Doug Free and Pat McQuistan up till this point?

Either we havent had good enough catches along the offensive line or we flat out do NOT draft well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
              Trade him... You know. Because the 4-3 is soo much more important then a beast at attacking the QB...

I dont think Burnett's morale drops any further then its at at the moment. Remember this guy has been a backup since he was drafted(including last year)... Another year backing up arguably the best ILB of the last ten years cant hurt his development...

Considering that Flo and Gurode are the only players on our line currently who werent signed off free agency... Im a little bit worried. We havent draft very well on the line for a good 5 years now. And we are looking at replacing the best Lineman(in the most important position) we have with a guy we drafted...

Im definately worried. And im gonna need more then reassuring words before I think this is a great tradeoff. I am going to need to see him play... and play WELL~!

Does anyone think that Jake Long is good enough that we trade out our entire first round to a team like the Rams to nab him if he drops? Assuming we cant get Flo back...
              No, not for Jake Long. Maybe Ryan Clady. He's more of a true LT.

Comment

• The only guy Dallas would trade both picks for is Mcfadden. JJ sounds confident in McQ, if it comes to that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  The only guy Dallas would trade both picks for is Mcfadden. JJ sounds confident in McQ, if it comes to that.
                  Yeah, I agree. I just meant that if you were going to trade up for a LT in the first, Clady would be a better choice than Long.

Comment

• Brand spankin new JJ interview....

http://www.kvue.com/sharedcontent/dw...e.3147d96.html

Some notables...

On moving up to the top of the draft to possibly take McFadden
                    I don't want to get into a real strategy, as far as going forward here the next few weeks, but I don't see any guy today where we'd make some big trade for the first pick up there. I guess that's what we're all alluding to. There's absolutely not been one breath of discussion with anybody about going up there to get the one or two or three pick. (They're just talking #1 overall here)

On bouncing back in 2008
                    In our particular case, we've got a better quarterback, Tony Romo, than we had starting last season now going into this season. That's big. And I think we have a chance to put some more "wow" in this offense. That's my No. 1 goal in this off-season. And that's not to imply, with the third-best offense in the league, that I was disappointed in the "wow."

On adding a running back
                    Without Julius Jones signed, it's obvious we need to look at running back. How we get there might surprise you. It can be, but it's not necessarily, drafting one.

On Terry Glenn's return
                    My gut and my feel is he's going to come back and play without surgery. ... All I know is he got real impressive a couple weeks before our playoff game. That still is not the complete picture of what he can and will do relative to our receivers. But he's going be a factor.

On Flozell Adams hitting the open market
                    I don't know about that, but I would certainly say this he's not franchised, and I couldn't tell you we'll get a deal done in the timeframe we're talking about. But we're interested in signing Flozell.

On Leonard Davis playing left tackle
                    He's a very viable option at left tackle. The obvious is the obvious you lose a Pro Bowl right guard if he goes to that tackle, which is a major consideration.

On Roy Williams' production
                    I think that we can expect a much more productive Roy Williams this coming year. That would imply that he had room to make more production, and I think there are several things I think Roy will know and better deal with the Roy Williams' rule.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Good stuff, Jerry has been vocal about adding playmakers to our offense, he's gone on record and said it more then a few times, and I think thats one of the few sure things we know right now...Which means rb and wr, now im not sure who is likes the most or what guys he is planning on taking, but he wants playmakers in place and I expect that to happen...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Another thing to consider with our cap situation is the possibility of trading up one or two spots using both our first rounders to do so and accumulating a first round pick NEXT YEAR... I think that would definately be something we might look at. And I doubt that sort of trade would involve an NFC team... I would be looking at a team like the Houston Texans at 18... They get the 22nd and 29th overall. We get the 18 and whatever they have next year...

That would be for no other reason then to possibly relieve cap tension for this year.

Obviously I think we have alot of directions we can go with these picks but we didnt have THAT many holes when the season ended and I still dont think there are that many holes now. Certainly not enough to be throwing first round $$$ at rookies who probably wont start on Offence or Defence for at least 12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweatThePipe View Post
                          As a 13-3 team, we can't go changing up the O-Line. It is important to keep this group in tact. Maybe upgrade Kosier, but even that is iffy.
                          But you have to consider that Flozell is getting old. I like him, I have always liked him, but signing him isn't going to be cheap for anyone. So you have to consider that signing him to a multi-year and big contract could be a risky move. Sometimes you have to let a guy go and trust the young guys.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                            Hah! And what would be Jones' plan for our best defensive player, Ware?
                            DeMarcus can play DE or OLB in a 4-3. He is a world class athlete and a great team player. But fact is the personnel moves (or lack of) on the Defense are not classic 3-4 moves.

Your starting SS is not a 3-4 SS.
                            Your NTs is not a 3-4 NT.
                            Your new ILB is not a 3-4 ILB.

... and if you get a first round corner to push Wade's man schemes you are pushing away form the zone based schemes which tend to play important roles in traditional 3-4 alignments.

I don't pretend to understand too well the Hybrid Schemes folks mention with Wade but it sure looks more and more like 4-3 personnel ... which I think would be great for the skill sets / experience of Roy Williams, Kevin Burnett, Tank Johnson, Ratliff, Spears, Carpenter.

One person's view.

Comment

• The funny thing is Thomas broke down tape of teams he felt like he fit...and he came here because he could start and that the scheme fit his style of play....Bradie James talked about it last year...the difference for him between schemes...and he talked about how it was different not having to take on OG's in the hole and shed...that now he was able to roam from sideline to sideline....that screams Zach Thomas to me....I don't think for a second Thomas would have came here if he didn't think he would make a difference...nor do I think we would sign him.

Jones also was gushing about his defensive staff he has aquired going as far as saying it's one of the best he's ever felt about....and Capers is really the only guys that doesn't have familiarity with the rest of them...JJ simply stated that although the coverages have to compliment your defense it's not reliant...see below or exact wording.

"The facts are, you have much more continuity in philosophy than we had last year," Jones said. "Todd is, philosophically, with the way Wade likes his philosophy with defensive line play. Reggie is right on the money with what we want to do with our linebackers. They have worked together, they have worked philosophically together.

"Obviously, (defensive coordinator) Brian (Stewart) is there. And Dave Campo has absolutely, with the experience he's got back there, got the ability to plug in. 3-4 is not about, to a large degree, your secondary. Now should it complement it? Yes. But 3-4 doesn't mean you wouldn't see some 4-3 teams doing the same thing in the secondary.

"Frankly, last year, that's where we had a lot of our carryover withour coaches. That was no accident that they had only one year remaining on their contracts. That didn't have to be that way, I didn't have to let it be that way. I wanted it to be that way because I wanted Wade and all them to see how that worked. What we're doing now is we're starting this year with much more continuity at every position coach than we had last year."

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjames View Post
                                Your NTs is not a 3-4 NT.

... and if you get a first round corner to push Wade's man schemes you are pushing away form the zone based schemes which tend to play important roles in traditional 3-4 alignments.
                                For the first one, this is not what Wade Phillips, a 34 guru, thinks.
                                And I don't understand the logic in the second one... So drafting a talented CB in the first means that we're pushing away from what?!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information