Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think he's eve a realistic option for us...I woud love to hear Greg Ellis' feelings on bringing him in, more stuff to complain about...He could give us an added pass rush but I don't thnk we need him all that badly, not for the attention it brings, extra cost, and less snaps that Spencer will be able to get...Only two positions I'd be interested in bringing in were D lineman or another Safety on defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      I don't think he's eve a realistic option for us...I woud love to hear Greg Ellis' feelings on bringing him in, more stuff to complain about...He could give us an added pass rush but I don't thnk we need him all that badly, not for the attention it brings, extra cost, and less snaps that Spencer will be able to get...Only two positions I'd be interested in bringing in were D lineman or another Safety on defense.
      I don't think we need him either. I'd be interested in bringing in a vet receiver. Heard Doug Gabriel got cut. Whats that all about? Anyways, did you want another S for depth purposes, or cause of Roy, or because Hamlin might hold out? Some of the Dallas writers are really high on Courtney Brown right now.

Comment

• What about trading Ellis for Jason Taylor...

I would honestly prefer to keep Ellis as he seems closer to retirement then Taylor. But with the last three offseasons being dominated by Ellis having a cry about something. Trading him and getting some serious value for him would be nice.

Comment

• What do you mean by serious value? You're gonna get any production that Taylor brings by having Ellis in the lineup, so if you're just gonna rent him for a year, why in the heck would you trade him? If he does come out and announce that this will be his last year, i don't see the Dolphins trading him. They're gonna kick themselves for not taking what they could get during the draft, so they're gonna lose a crap load of leverage if he comes out and says that. Let him be, let him dance and wreak havoc in Miami, cause there's no room for him in Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc4life View Post
            I don't think we need him either. I'd be interested in bringing in a vet receiver. Heard Doug Gabriel got cut. Whats that all about? Anyways, did you want another S for depth purposes, or cause of Roy, or because Hamlin might hold out? Some of the Dallas writers are really high on Courtney Brown right now.
            I love all that Courtney Brown talk, he has all the measurables, 4.3 speed,41 inch vertical, now he has added the weight, he just needs to make some plays during pre-season and show he belongs out there, as of now its just hype but encouraging...There aren't really safeties available but cuts haven't happene yet, I'd be interested in another in the box safety if one came available to cover Roy Williams leavig in a yr, Hamlin should be resigned...I also wouldn't mind a vet WR but that would ony be nice if we knew Glenn for sure wasn't going to play.

Originally posted by shane_man View Post
            What about trading Ellis for Jason Taylor...

I would honestly prefer to keep Ellis as he seems closer to retirement then Taylor. But with the last three offseasons being dominated by Ellis having a cry about something. Trading him and getting some serious value for him would be nice.
            Well you have to ask yourself does Miami want another older player? They are rebuilding and getting younger, Ellis does not really fit that mold, so it seems like they would want a decent pick or a younger player...Also his salary is in the ball park of 7 million dollars, that's a pretty high payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend
              Well you have to ask yourself does Miami want another older player? They are rebuilding and getting younger, Ellis does not really fit that mold, so it seems like they would want a decent pick or a younger player...Also his salary is in the ball park of 7 million dollars, that's a pretty high payroll.
              Parcell's would probably look at the situation the same way I do. Both can do pretty much the same job. But its the devil you know rather then the devil you dont. Ellis closer to retirement in Miami helping the Dolphins kids who are nowhere near as close to starters as the ones we have... So he should be less trouble for them.

We are basically swapping eachother's dirty laundry. I assume that both are on comparable contracts. Taylor could probably play outside... but he would be the best option we have on any four man fronts.

We shouldnt(having seen first hand) underestimate the value that Parcell's puts on "his" guys. Just a matter of whether he sees Ellis as one of his guys.

Thats not to say I think it should happen. If Ellis' spats are just annual **** talking... And its not effecting the team in any way. I would keep him around without a doubt. Like Zach... Both are closer to retirement thus it gives us more of a chance to give our younger guys time on the field.

Comment

• Does anyone know enough about the salary cap to know if we were to cut Roy after this season would it free up enough space to lock Hamlin up long term? I think Hamlin could move to SS pretty easily and hopefully Courtney Brown or Pat Watkins could play FS adequately.

I was watching the Blitz on the CBS station in Dallas and Tony Romo gave a pretty insightful interview about what he wanted to improve on from last year. He talked mostly about his footwork in the pocket and pocket presence. It might be on the cbs11, cowboys site or maybe youtube for those outside DFW.

Comment

• I can't find anything concrete now, but it looks like we are in really good shape, people will assume we are tight because of the two contracts we just gave out, but we are sitting pretty to re-sign Hamlin, Canty, TO, and a few other role players or free agents...I fully expect all 3 of those guys to be locked up and those are the priority guys right now.

Comment

• Latest Spagnola has continued to say in his questions column was that we are STUCK with Roy for the next year(or two) as it would cost far too much to straight out release him.

We probably assuming we have somehow come up with a magical amount of $$$ could release Roy but it wouldnt help get Hamlin signed in any way and it would(regardless of what people think) mean a drop in talent at the position.

We are stuck with Roy. All we can do is maximise his positives and do our best to hide his faults.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc4life View Post
                      Jason Taylor is expected to formally demand a trade from the Dolphins at an 11:30AM ET press conference on Sunday.
                      The Dolphins already know about this from Taylor's agent, but it'll come directly from the six-time Pro Bowler's mouth on Sunday. According to the Miami Herald, Taylor will announce he wants to play for a contender and that 2008 will be his final season in the NFL. Taylor will also say he's skipping next week's mandatory minicamp, which will cost him $8,638 in daily fines.
                      Source: Miami Herald
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      If this is true, we shouldn't even consider trading for him if he only wants to play for 1 more season.
                      I hope the Cowboys don't take that bait. Why trade for a guy who they already know is only going to play for one more year?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                        I was watching the Blitz on the CBS station in Dallas and Tony Romo gave a pretty insightful interview about what he wanted to improve on from last year. He talked mostly about his footwork in the pocket and pocket presence.
                        What else did he reveal?

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I love all that Courtney Brown talk, he has all the measurables, 4.3 speed,41 inch vertical, now he has added the weight, he just needs to make some plays during pre-season and show he belongs out there, as of now its just hype but encouraging...
                          Yeah, we got some athletes back their now. Should be interesting with the youth and speed. Good to see the young guys making it.

Comment

• Dolphins reporter Armando Salguero says he's told that Jason Taylor would "happily" redo his contract to expedite a trade to Dallas.
                            Salguero says Taylor would consider playing beyond 2008 if a deal is made and suggests a Greg Ellis-for-Taylor swap. NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported last week that Dallas has internally discussed dealing for Taylor.
                            Source: Miami Herald
                            Related: Cowboys
                            __________________________________________________ __________________

Speak of the devil... lol

Comment

• Gotta love the rumors. hahahahahhaha.

Comment

• Not happening, of course Taylor would be happy to play here,why wouldn't he? I just don't think this rumor as any legs to it, other then people speculating we are interested, but we are "interested" in every big name FA that is available...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information