• Good news on Henry. Dream secondary:

CB: Terrence Newman, Mike Jenkins, Qunicy Butler
    FS: Ken Hamlin, Courtney Brown
    SS: Anthony Henry/Roy Williams, Pat Watkins
    CB: Pacman Jones, Orlando Scandrick

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Good news imo. But I really REALLY have a huge man crush on Taylor Mays. too bad that will never become a reality. :(
      I heard he was running a 4.3 at USC, which probably means 4.4 at the combines, which would put him way out of our reach lol...But I'll admit if a safety slides that is rated pretty highly, I wouldn't mind taking one in the 1st round, but I guess that depends on how Roy plays.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• maybe if henry is playing close wade will be able to throw up some crazy zone defenses with all the cbs on the field

Comment

• I've been saying all along(well I don't want to take full credit as other people, even some beat writers) saying if Pacman was back, Henry would play some Safety in certain coverages...Meaning he might not do an all out switch, but I think we should should expect him to play back there, which is great news to me because he has always been a good zone cover guy.

Interesting to read about how Wade wants to use him vs teams like the Giants, and have him line up over the teams best TE(hip hip hooray thats not Roy's job anymore) but that gives us a definate advantage over last year.

At this point I'm just looking forward to Jenkins progress, has all the ability, a great coach, and great players around him, I thought he had potential to be a #1 corner before the draft for somebody like Arizona, but I love him taking his time learning behind some talented corners.

Comment

• I'm back to looking for a WR. I really wanted one this year but the value wasn't there in the first (and we had other needs), but I was really praying Sweed would slip to us in the second. So I'm looking for one next year. At some point they've got to bite the bullet and spend a high pick on a guy even though he might not help them right away. It's an investment in the future.

Comment

• If our young WR's start to produce this year, then we might not even have to think about a WR in next years draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                If our young WR's start to produce this year, then we might not even have to think about a WR in next years draft.
                I'm not discounting them. I'm especially hopeful about Stanback, and I like Hurd and even Austin to an extent. But in spite of the Cowboys resigning TO, I still think we have to look at developing his eventual replacement. It will take a few years of development.

Comment

• Don't be surprised if Hurd emerges as a starter type as early as this season. In comparison to the receivers drafted this year...he compares favorablly to Jerome Simpson. Long bodied, leaper, great athlete. Simpson of course had a better 40 but, still doesnt generate much seperation...Hurd has been noted as looking much better here, this season. Hurd has given us a lot to mold or work with and he should be poised to break out. I'm just saying...dont sleep on him. It is def. possible that we do not draft a WR high again next season. Chances are, atleast one of our young guys will emerge this season and Hurd has the best chance of that happening in 08. I cant wait to see these guys in pre season....the season needs to get here already. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• One of the smaller reasons the Cowboys gave Terrell Owens a three-year extension was to create room under the 2008 salary cap, which could hasten an extension for safety Ken Hamlin. Hamlin, whom the Cowboys placed the franchise tag on earlier this off-season, is working out on his own. He wants a long-term extension. A source said the Cowboys want to and expect to sign Hamlin before the start of the team's training camp in July. There is no indication, however, if the team will complete a deal with Hamlin before the start of the veteran minicamp next week. -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• As far as Wr, most of our WR's lately that have been #1 have came via trade or free agency, I can't remember the last WR we drafted who turned into our #1, so remember thats always an option landing a guy that way.

OFF TOPIC: McFadden signed for 6 years 60 million, 26 million guaranteed, anybody still want to say Barber was overpaid now? Barber was 7 years(so the money is spread out further) and only at 45 million and he's already made the pro bowl...That was my point, contracts are so high, in 2 years we will see how underpaid he really is, and McFadden is going to be part of a committee his whole career the same way bush is, but these guys will continue to get paid big bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        As far as Wr, most of our WR's lately that have been #1 have came via trade or free agency, I can't remember the last WR we drafted who turned into our #1, so remember thats always an option landing a guy that way.

OFF TOPIC: McFadden signed for 6 years 60 million, 26 million guaranteed, anybody still want to say Barber was overpaid now? Barber was 7 years(so the money is spread out further) and only at 45 million and he's already made the pro bowl...That was my point, contracts are so high, in 2 years we will see how underpaid he really is, and McFadden is going to be part of a committee his whole career the same way bush is, but these guys will continue to get paid big bucks.
                        Yeah, I'm the one that brought that up. :)

But, two things here...

1. We're not looking for a #1 anytime soon...I think JJ just proved that he is pretty committed to T.O.

2. We couldnt afford a proven #1 receiver at this point. Chad Johnson or Roy Williams are wayyyyyy too expensive. Next season money is going to be very tight. Could we add someone here or there? Most likely but, could we add a receiver and pay him over $20 mil in guaranteed money? Absolutely not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid..._kc&id=3425488

This is an interesting article that talks about team's cb's and the numbers.

We gave up a lot of yards, but at the same time we were thrown on a lot more than other teams. If Henry were healthy for 16 games I our yards per attempt would've been in the top 3 of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Yeah, I'm the one that brought that up. :)

But, two things here...

1. We're not looking for a #1 anytime soon...I think JJ just proved that he is pretty committed to T.O.

2. We couldnt afford a proven #1 receiver at this point. Chad Johnson or Roy Williams are wayyyyyy too expensive. Next season money is going to be very tight. Could we add someone here or there? Most likely but, could we add a receiver and pay him over $20 mil in guaranteed money? Absolutely not.

Yea I remember you bringing up that point, not that i didn't know, but good reminder none the less when you actually think about it ;) But I'm in the same boat, I don't see how we could of afforded say, Anquan Boldin this year, and still resigned everybody we would like to get resigned, same thing with next year so I concur...This will be a big year for all our guys at the WR position to see what we have, if Hurd and Stanback all become viable options in the passing game we shouldn't have to bring in another #1 until 2 years, especially if Bennett reaches his potential.

Comment

• hey guys,

do any of you know how to make those pictures you have under your comments?

Im not sure if that is what is referred to as a "sig" or not, but if it is, does anyone on here want to make me a sig?

I think I would like to roll with a Kevin Burnett if anyone is interested.

Not sure if it is fun to create, or if it is a hassle

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                hey guys,

do any of you know how to make those pictures you have under your comments?

Im not sure if that is what is referred to as a "sig" or not, but if it is, does anyone on here want to make me a sig?

I think I would like to roll with a Kevin Burnett if anyone is interested.

Not sure if it is fun to create, or if it is a hassle
                                D, Thule, or Paul could probably hook you up.

Did you ask in the sig request thread yet?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information