Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love hearing how disruptive our entire D-line is, if these guys play above their potential we should be looking at a top 5 defense...Also read some very positive things about Spencer and him seeing increased time, how much faster he looks, and Ware's freak ability to bend around the corner of the LT to get to the QB, they said he gives the LT a small window to close him off and barely anything to grab onto, we got lucky with him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Got here today, goofing around and gotta leave this noon but ...

Sammie has looked really good so far. I definately like him better than Crayton. A little faster.

Tank seems to gets lots of attention and is having fun. Nice to see after all that has been written.

I don't know what the deal is with Staff but Carpenter looks pretty good to me. Played better than Spencer in my 2 minutes of observation. Is smaller though but seems quicker / better able to cover space than Spencer or Ellis. Ware is another story and another level. Incredible how he moves.

Can't wait till the 9th to see what we got. Love me some Cowboys!

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
        I'm pretty sure they said AJ and Hurd were the third unit....I wouldn't worry about Hurd as the deep guy...between Felix/Austin/Stanback...I'll take all three of them over Hurd at the position.
        Oh i know, I wouldnt expect him to be back there. It's just more of a comment on how much faster he has become and that Wade actually has him back there returning some kicks and blocking for Adam. Sam Hurd's new found speed has been brought up a lot recently, he has been burning our corners and I'm loving it. :) Sam Hurd has "it", I've been saying it forever...Dont be be surprised if he breaks camp as a starter. I dont think that is the plan yet but, the potential for that to happen is there...and we all know how well Crayton is in the slot.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-28-2008, 06:35 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
          Got here today, goofing around and gotta leave this noon but ...

Sammie has looked really good so far. I definately like him better than Crayton. A little faster.

Tank seems to gets lots of attention and is having fun. Nice to see after all that has been written.

I don't know what the deal is with Staff but Carpenter looks pretty good to me. Played better than Spencer in my 2 minutes of observation. Is smaller though but seems quicker / better able to cover space than Spencer or Ellis. Ware is another story and another level. Incredible how he moves.

Can't wait till the 9th to see what we got. Love me some Cowboys!
          How are you comparing Carp and Spencer when they are in completely different positions?

Comment

• Straight from Kevin Burnett in his blog, so you have to respect the fact that he gave Hurd some love specifically:

In the departure of T.G. a young player has to step forth. As of right now I see Sam Hurd Stepping in and taking the number 3 spot. He has raised his game and comes to practice with the correct attitude every day.

He catches the ball which is A#1 number. It does not matter if the ball is high, short, low or across the middle Sam takes the attitude "the ball is mine". Just watch how he attacks the football no matter where it is. 17 will get his hands dirty to; you'll see him from time to time blocking ends and outside LB's (170 maybe v.s. 250+). He has a true heart and passion for the game and it shows in his play. A coaches dream.

Without wasting all of my rest time I will give you what people respect most about Sam.
            1. He plays hard every play
            2. He will go across the middle
            Last but not least he does not just play special teams, he's good at it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Here is another good little article on my boy Sammy Hurd. :)

http://jacquestaylorblog.dallasnews....ks-harder.html

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Roster 53

I hate to say it, buy when we start trimming the roster we are going to be cutting some familiar names. I am not going to stay we are cutting good players, but names we are familiar with. Does anybody know what we usually keep per position? I know teams usually keep their own cuts on the practice team, but we have so much depth I think most of ours will be picked up. Not the rookies, but 1 and 2 year players. I think Miami is going to raid our trims.

Secure spots
                QB Romo, Johnson
                RB Barbar, F. Jones, Choice ( Coleman on shaky ground) maybe we keep 4
                FB Anderson
                WR Owens, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stenback
                TE Witten, Bennett, Curtis (Rodney Hannah) we might keep 4
                K and P Folk and McBlair LS Ladouceur
                C Gurode, Proctor
                G Columbo, Keiser, Davis
                OT Adams, Colombo,Free, Martin, Mc Quistan

28 total............

Defense
                CB Henry,Newman,Jenkins, P. Jones, Scandrick 5
                S Hamlin, Williams, Watkins Brown 4
                DE Canty, Hatcher, Spears, 3
                DT Johnson, Ratliff 2
                LB Burnett, Carpenter, Ellis, James, Spencer, WAre, Thomas, Walden 8

Total 50

Bored.............Initial roster...

But I also think we might trade one of our players..I have a gut feeling. Not for much, but 6-7 pick.

I think Spears might be gone....I have this feeling.............

Comment

• Spears isnt going anywhere...he is the starter and he is having a fantastic camp. No reason to get rid of him, he is excellent against the run...he's a rotational player who doesnt even need to be a great pass rusher. Yes, it would help but, he is fine in his role. Ratliff has been lighting it up and constantly commanding double teams at NT during camp. It's going to be hard to move him out of that position.

Only problems i see with the 53 man roster...

2 or 3 QBs?

5 or 6 WRs?

How many LBers? There is potential for 9.

S and CBs...5 corners and 5 safeties or 6 corners and 4 safties or maybe even the unprecedented 6 corners and 5 safties. That would only be if they can't decide on Alan Ball or Dowayne Davis.

Right now, I'd go with...

QB Romo/Johnson/Simms (3rd QB) (3)
                  HB Barber/Jones/Choice (3)
                  FB Deon Anderson (1)
                  WR Owens/Crayton/Hurd/Austin/Stanback/sixth WR (6)
                  TE Witten/Curtis/Bennett (3)
                  T Adams/Colombo/Free/Mcquistan (4)
                  G Kosier/Davis/Marten (3)
                  C Gurode/Procter (2)

25 Offense

DE Spears/Canty/Hatcher/Bowen (4)
                  NT Ratliff/Johnson (2)
                  OLB Ware/Ellis/Spencer/Walden (4)
                  ILB James/Thomas/Burnett/Carp/Rogers (5)
                  CB Newman/Henry/Jenkins/Jones/Scandrick/Ball (6)
                  S Hamlin/Williams/Watkins/Brown (4)

25 defense

K Folk (1)
                  P Mcbriar (1)
                  LS Ladouceur (1)

3 Special

53 total

I even have problems with this, though...a sixth WR is not really needed. Yes, a guy like Amendola could return but, he isnt going to win a returning job. Linebacker is tough, Rogers and Carp are playing the same position and Rogers is currently ahead of him on the depth chart and I've heard nothing but, good things. One of them may be cut. 8 seems like a better number than 9. Also, as for the secondary, Ball and Davis have both been opening eyes...so, it may be tough to cut one over the other. Ball has put on loads of weight and is much improved and Davis packs a wallop and has gunner potential. It's going to get real interesting. For the most part, our roster is set already but, we'll def. have to keep an eye on the positions I mentioned earlier to see how this thing gets rounded out.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-29-2008, 03:26 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Has anyone heard any news on how Martellus Bennett has looked in camp?

I'm really looking forward to how they justify taking him in the second round. He's a hell of an athlete, so i'd like to see how they're gonna fit him into the offense. We have a ton of weapons on that side of the ball, and it excites me :D

Can't wait to see what the defense does this year. We're stacked, just about everywhere. The only one we really can't afford to lose to injury is Canty. He's got one side of the line locked down, and he's beastly. I like our rotation at NT and the other DE spot. Spears, Ratliff, Johnson and Hatcher should all do great alternating snaps.

I have a funny feeling about Roy Williams this season.. My head tells me he's gonna stink it up again, but i just have this gut feeling..
                    C'mon Biscuit. Be my favorite player again :(

Comment

• Martellus is still working through it. He'll make a hell of a block or reception and then follow that up with a boneheaded play. He's seen some 1st team reps already, though...so, that's a good sign but, he still has a long way to go. I def. think he'll get there, in time. Hell of a talented player. Dont be shocked if Curtis beats him out initially, though...Bennett is still rather raw.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• What is the story on Bobby Carpenter? Thought he was really gonna be a stud.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I know Tnew's injury isn't serious at all, but it's a little concerning that the injury bug keeps getting him. We are deep at CB, but Adam Jones hasn't been reinstated yet and Jenkins is young and developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                            Anyone else pumped that Bobby Carpenter has been supplanted by Justin Rogers?!

Let me just say **** yeah.

For all the good BP does in his drafts, he seems to have trouble with the early round guys. Lets remember jerry wanted T-new (although kevin williams would have been fine) Jerry saved us with D-ware over spears. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting.

Alot of early round BP guys -- Spears, Julius Jones, Bobby Carp, Fasano -- All lick balls.
                            I think Fasano is actually a pretty good TE. He just doesn't fit the spread offense of Garrett and won't beat out Witten for the starting spot. I expect him to be solid for Miami.

Spears...i guess he's just playing the wrong position. If he's a FA, id love for the Giants to nab him as a 4-3 NT. I think Spears will be a very very good 4-3 NT in the right scheme. He's just not a 3-4 guy, and he's not a pass rusher. Not big enough to be a 3-4 NT either and probably never will be.

Carp doesn't fit Wade's scheme. He wouldve broke out in Parcell's scheme on the outside, but he's not an ILB in the 3-4. Dallas has done a poor job handling him. He'll leave and flourish somewhere else.

He has to get back up to 265 though if he wants to be a 3-4 OLB again. If not, he needs to go to a 4-3 as a SAM.

Comment

• Bobby Carpenter is soft plain and simple. He's not strong enough at taking on and shedding blocks for a 3-4 and too slow to just run around them I think. He could probably do pretty well in a 4-3 if he's protected with good DTs... maybe.

Do y'all have HBO, are ya gonna watch Hard Knocks? I will and think it should be much more interesting this time around obviously.
                              Last edited by dpl85; 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                Anyone else pumped that Bobby Carpenter has been supplanted by Justin Rogers?!

Let me just say **** yeah.

For all the good BP does in his drafts, he seems to have trouble with the early round guys. Lets remember jerry wanted T-new (although kevin williams would have been fine) Jerry saved us with D-ware over spears. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting.

Alot of early round BP guys -- Spears, Julius Jones, Bobby Carp, Fasano -- All lick balls.
                                C'mon man, who roots against their own team just to bad mouth Parcells? Hell, i'd hope i could give him some props for some of his picks, but i can't. Bobby's talented, no doubt, but his whole initial career has been derailed by all the moving around and scheme changing. It just sucks cause he's gonna go out somewhere else and play great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information