This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
    Does anyone see us with any surprise cuts this year? Here's my short list of possible cuts and or trades in the preseason.

Brad Johnson- cut
    Bobby Carpenter- trade
    Roy Williams- trade...btw, I doubt that it will happen, but it's something that could happen.
    Kyle Kosier- cut...a lot of people say Berger has a chance at taking the spot

Outside of these guys, I don't see any other surprise cuts. I mean you could possibly see Henry traded if Adam is reinstated, but that is a LONG stretch.
    Yeah, I dont really see any surprise cuts.

Johnson was bad early on but, has settled in and is performing well. Preseason will be important for Brad but, I dont think he'll get the axe.

Carp has strung a couple good practices together and some say his play may warrant some actual playing time this year. He'll be sticking around.

Roy is here to stay for this year atleast. He hasnt been bad in camp, he's actually forcing a lot of fumbles. Not that, that really matters because, it's practice but, it sounds like he has been playing well. He's not an everydown player anymore anyway, he'll be back.

Kosier has been the starter for two years. Yes, Berger seems to be coming along nicely but, Kosier isnt about to be cut. He's been a good, not great starter. He's been steady, a lot of people may not like him on here but, he really isnt that bad.

Also, Henry wont be traded. Adam hasnt been blowing people away in camp. He's been inconsistant, as expected. Henry is the starter over there and will be the starter barring injury to start the season off. Henry is also extremely important to this team. He'll be playing a lot more in the middle/center of the field this year in the nickel.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Even though this is old news, heres an article about T.O. and Parcells/Wade/the Seattle playoff game that had many arguments. Newman shares my view and says :

The greatest indignity came in the Cowboys’ 21-20 wild-card round playoff defeat at Seattle. Though a wave of injuries in the secondary forced the Seahawks to play two corners who’d recently been unemployed, Owens caught just two passes for 26 yards and no touchdowns.

“I personally don’t think Parcells used him in a way where we could win more ballgames,” Newman said. “You could see that in Seattle – they had guys off the street playing corner, and we didn’t even go after them. I don’t think Parcells could’ve been any worse for T.O. In order to get respect, you’ve got to give it. Wade gives him a lot of respect, as he should. He hasn’t done anything not to deserve it.”

Heres the whole article....http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Does anyone see us with any surprise cuts this year? Here's my short list of possible cuts and or trades in the preseason.

Brad Johnson- cut
        Bobby Carpenter- trade
        Roy Williams- trade...btw, I doubt that it will happen, but it's something that could happen.
        Kyle Kosier- cut...a lot of people say Berger has a chance at taking the spot

Outside of these guys, I don't see any other surprise cuts. I mean you could possibly see Henry traded if Adam is reinstated, but that is a LONG stretch.

I doubt we see any of these happen, in the NFL your really not at a liberty to trade away or cut all of your depth...Zach Thomas is coming off a serious concussion and missed nearly all of last year, Brad Johnson is the best thing we have behind Romo, Roy has supposedly been looking alot lighter and like his old self, he's going to be here this year and honestly I don't know if Pat Watkins or Courtney Brown is ready to step up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• There is nothing to this rumor, and thats all it is, is off-season talk, but the Panthers are supposedly "fed up" with Steve Smith and will look to try and trade him, and now outlets are trying to link us with him:

per roto:
          There are reportedly "rumblings out of Panthers camp" that the team is fed up with Steve Smith and is considering trading him.
          There is reportedly feeling that Smith has become "divisive," and some team players vowed to discipline him themselves if the coaching staff didn't. ESPN's Matt Mosley suggests that Dallas would be interested. We'd guess that many others would too. Smith doesn't have an unmanageable contract and is a top-ten receiver. If dealt, his suspension wouldn't carry over because it was set forth by the Panthers, not the NFL. Still, the odds are heavily against a trade.

Here is the Matt Mosely article:
          I have a call into my esteemed NFC South blog colleague Pat Yasinskas about the status of wide receiver Steve Smith, who has been suspended for the first two regular-season games for punching teammate Ken Lucas in the face during training camp.

There have been rumblings out of Panthers camp that club officials are fed up with Smith's actions (not just the latest incident) and are at least considering the idea of dealing him to another team.

The idea of trading one of the best receivers in football seems far-fetched, but Smith has become a divisive force on the team. One Panthers source said that several defensive backs were walking around after the recent incident saying that if management didn't discipline Smith, they would. This isn't exactly the best way to begin a season.

All that to say that I know an owner in the NFC East who has spent the last four months coveting another star wide receiver. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones struckout with Chad Johnson, the Lions' Roy Williams and Anquan Boldin, but behind closed doors, he's still pining away for someone to play opposite Terrell Owens.

This roster already includes T.O., Tank Johnson and Adam Jones. What's one more player with a few dings on his resume? You think I'm reaching on this one?

Well, I just talked to someone in Oxnard, Calif., site of Cowboys training training camp, and Smith's name has already come up in conversations. But something tells me we won't see this discussion on HBO's "Hard Knocks" on Wednesday.
          http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...-Cowboys-.html

At this point I'm pretty sure we are set with the young guys, and we are used to being linked to every single big name player that is disgruntled, but that doesn't stop the speculation.

Comment

• Steve Smith in Dallas? Uh... no.

This guy is worse than TO when he doesn't get anything less than 90% of the passes not thrown his way.

At this point we need "team" players.

Comment

• Ugh, no thank you to Steve. He had one great year, and that's it. I don't get the love affair with this guy. He's hella expensive, too.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I would take the NYG version of Steve Smith over the Carolina version any day.

Comment

I would take the NYG version of Steve Smith over the Carolina version any day.
                  I wouldn't want you to be the GM of my team.

Comment

• Okay, i was reading up on dc.com, and stumbled upon some e-mails that had been sent in to the writers there.

I know there had been some discussions as to how the backup o-linemen looked, and the writers are saying that Free has actually looked very well in the limited time he has been given.
                    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...62FD503772410B

I sure hope we don't have another situation like the 04 mid-round debacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      I wouldn't want you to be the GM of my team.
                      Carolina Steve is overrated!!!

Comment

• So Hard Knocks starts tomorrow. Who's watching?

If I had to guess...Tank, Cricket, Miles, Sam, and Amendola are going to be the most featured. They've all been mic'ed up on several occasions, I've heard. I'm sure Amendola will be the biggest "star". So much so that it may get a little annoying. He is seriously the luckiest guy in the world right now. He's going to have a lot and I mean a lot of people pulling for him to make this team after these shows air. He already has an insane amount of fans behind him as it is. Hopefully, he doesnt make the team just based off all this hype that has been generated. It's nice to see that he has strung a few good practices together in the last week or so. Gotta see if that will translate to the field. I certainly have my doubts. Maybe he can prove me wrong. But yeah, should be a great show, I cant wait. This should be an excellent week for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• What time tomorrow?

Comment

• Leave it up to Crayton for bulletin board material

Outspoken Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton opined that the Brett Favre saga is "shaking Aaron Rodgers" no matter what Rodgers and the Packers say.
                            Crayton then went on to urge the Packers to start Rodgers against the Cowboys on September 21. Reminded that Rodgers played well against them when Favre went down with injury, Crayton responded: "Did anyone have any film on him? Their defense had film on him for last week's scrimmage. How'd that go?" Ouch. Rodgers will get a chance to temporarily shut Crayton up next month.
                            http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I hope he doesn't bite off more then he can chew this year, I like his confidence and swag, he is just going to be expected to back it up and he failed last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              So Hard Knocks starts tomorrow. Who's watching?

If I had to guess...Tank, Cricket, Miles, Sam, and Amendola are going to be the most featured. They've all been mic'ed up on several occasions, I've heard. I'm sure Amendola will be the biggest "star". So much so that it may get a little annoying. He is seriously the luckiest guy in the world right now. He's going to have a lot and I mean a lot of people pulling for him to make this team after these shows air. He already has an insane amount of fans behind him as it is. Hopefully, he doesnt make the team just based off all this hype that has been generated. It's nice to see that he has strung a few good practices together in the last week or so. Gotta see if that will translate to the field. I certainly have my doubts. Maybe he can prove me wrong. But yeah, should be a great show, I cant wait. This should be an excellent week for us.

Damn already, the cable people still haven't came out yet...Wonder where I can watch it for this week because I refuse to miss it.

Comment

• It starts at 10 ET guys. It's on every Wed. this month.

I'm sure youtube will have it...and of course, dmn is blogging about it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information