Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why trade for him when we will likely be able to get him through waivers?

Also I wouldn't look deep into having scouts there...I read today that we had scouts most games...just doing general scouting.

Comment

• Because we don't know for sure if we will get him through waivers, ideally yes that would be nice but you never know who is interested, if it cost us a 6th I wouldn't be upset, I just don't like the back-up Qb situation and it needs to be addressed one way or another.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
        Berger has been a nice surprise...McQ had a terrible showing and hasn't even done anything to excite the coaching staff this year...I'm a bit worried he might now be limited to inside work.

Still think Proctor will have a job because he is the only guy who has experience snapping outside of Gurode.

Marten is on my shitlist....no progession in a year with no injuries is a problem for me.

Free has been a bright spot...and I think it was Archer today who said he looks to be the swing tackle on gameday this year...got to love that progession...too bad he sits behind Flozell who he won't unseat until Flozell is gone.
        i think free will get on the field when colombo signs elsewhere

Comment

• It was archer who reported we had scouts at multiple games and not to look into it...just for the record.

But even if simms isn't going through waivers....McCown or Beck likely is...I'm really not worried about the backup qb spot....Chris Simms isn't worth a subway sandwich to me right now.

Comment

• Chris Simms doesn't make me feel better about our back up QB position. If you can get him for free ok, but don't give up a pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
              I would hate Free as a RT. He's no mauler in any sense of the word.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
                I'm not so sold...Free really isn't my ideal RT...I don't mind him if he has to spell a couple of games for injury over there...but he has had 2 years of work on the left side...and still doesn't handle the NFL bull rush as good as he should from what reports are saying...about the only negative i've read. I'd rather just keep Columbo when it comes down to it...get him for another three years...cap shouldn't be an issue and get his replacement in the next couple of years.

Comment

• Spencer got knocked up I guess in the SD game...said he had some swelling yesterday and didn't practice today...he is going to have a MRI tomorrow..Jerry said it was a bone bruise...I have my fingers crossed...I'm probably the most excited person around to see Spencer tear it up this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                    Spencer got knocked up I guess in the SD game...said he had some swelling yesterday and didn't practice today...he is going to have a MRI tomorrow..Jerry said it was a bone bruise...I have my fingers crossed...I'm probably the most excited person around to see Spencer tear it up this year.
                    I'm starting to worry if he's a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      He's been given RAVE reviews this offseason...been noted as not having to think anymore just reacting.

Not to mention with more 3-3 sets...I'll be willing to be he is our most improved player this year.

Comment

• Jerry downplayed the QB trade again.

from dmn

Jerry Jones downplayed the possibility of the Cowboys finding a QB to bump Brad Johnson down the depth chart.

"We really are moving along here real good," Jerry said when asked about acquiring a QB via trade or the waiver wire. "I can't give that a high likelihood."

Jerry added that the Cowboys' priority regarding the backup QB was giving Brad Johnson more time with the starters. If Johnson plays during the regular season, it'll be behind an offensive line featuring three Pro Bowlers, so the plan is to get him more reps with that group protecting him. Wade Phillips mentioned the same thing during his press conference.

"As I'm standing here right now, I think he can be the answer," Jerry said of Johnson.

OK, here's my educated guess about what will happen at the quarterback position. The Cowboys will grab a guy off the waiver wire, but Johnson will be the backup. The new QB will have a chance to move up the depth chart during the offseason, if not earlier.

Comment

Really? I'm under the impression that he will take Ellis' job sooner rather than later. I have real high expectations for him this year. I think he's going to be great based off of the limited action I've seen. His main problem was that he wasn't disciplined enough against the pass to the flats last year, and by all accounts he has greatly improved this year.

BTW, I just went back and watched the preseason game. Martellus Bennett really did more than I thought. He blocked real well all game. He actually set the block down field that sprung felix on the big screen play.

His attitude and body language leaves a lot to be desired, but he was working hard in the game.

Comment

What gives you that impression? He is in a system tailor made for his skills, and he is being brought along more and more, by the time he's unleashed when Ellis leaves I think he is going to be the Shaun Phillips of our defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I'll just pretend you didn't say that and we can all go about our business....
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• D's cowboys knowledge isn't up to par this year guys....=P

(if you haven't noticed)

D take some time and read some reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information