Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys LB Kevin Burnett will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Friday.
    With a 3-4 week recovery time, Burnett will be questionable for the season opener. Bobby Carpenter would see an increase in playing time if Burnett's recovery carries over to the regular season.
    per roto...Looks like Carp will be seeing some extended PT for the time being.

And I read that Beck was already cut after they couldn't find anyone to trade for him, if thats the case he must of sucked bad, Parcells wouldn't outright cut a 2nd rd QB if he had something to work with.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Kevin Burnett has some bone spurs in his knee from an old ACL surgery from college. This guy just can't stay healthy. It should present an opportunity for Carpenter if he's up to the challenge, I doubt he is though.

I watched the Chargers game again as I was a little distracted the first time because I was watching it at a strip club. And no Pacman wasn't there although maybe his mind was with the way he played lol. He should be pretty good once he knocks the rust off.

Here's a few things I took away from the game-

The second team O-line pretty much sucks. By my count Marten and Mcquistan both gave up sacks. I think Free and Berger were pretty good.

Brad Johnson is pretty bad but he didn't have much of a chance with the protection we gave him. I think Crayton ran a bad/wrong route on Johnson's interception.

Zach Thomas should be a big upgrade as long as he stays healthy.

I think we're in big trouble if something happens to Bradie James or Zach Thomas as Burnett and Carpenter are either too small or just not tough enough to be very effective against the run. One play in particular Burnett got knocked on his ass by Jacob Hester because he used horrible technique.

Obviously it's a small sampling but Felix Jones and Tashard Choice looked really good and Felix in particular looked very fast and quick. Choice looks like a tough inside runner.

Miles Austin seems to have improved his hands and route running. It's important to remember he came from a tiny school and didn't play much in HS I think. Stanback on the other hand looks pretty bad as a returner and WR. I wonder if we could try him at QB. I thought he was a good QB at Washington?

Martellus Bennett really needs to pick up the intensity and concentration. He displayed poor technique with pass blocking and dropped an easy pass just because he didn't tuck the ball in after he caught it.

Mike Jenkins looked pretty good but it was a small sampling and he dropped a possible INT.

The first team offense and defense should be very good barring injury obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
        Miles Austin seems to have improved his hands and route running. It's important to remember he came from a tiny school and didn't play much in HS I think. Stanback on the other hand looks pretty bad as a returner and WR. I wonder if we could try him at QB. I thought he was a good QB at Washington?
        I'm wondering how you even came to that conclusion about Stanback with the terrible QB play we had once he was in the game? Asking him to play QB at this point is simply ridiculous, it takes a WR 3 years to develop, he is a converted QB, what did you think you would expect in year 2 especially since his rookie year he was dealing with shin splints?

I know guys have high hopes for him but your fooling yourself if your expecting miracles in his 2nd year, coaches said he is about as far along as Austin was last year, which means he's not ready for games other then using his speed and athleticism sprinkled around...He caught the one pass they did throw at him which was a tough ball for a 1st down, other then that he was in TO's primary position and showed a burst I don't think any of our WR's have outside of TO...This is really his first full TC and off-season, let the guy develop first, it makes no sense to be talking about trying a guy at QB in his 2nd season that hasn't even started yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I'm wondering how you even came to that conclusion about Stanback with the terrible QB play we had once he was in the game? Asking him to play QB at this point is simply ridiculous, it takes a WR 3 years to develop, he is a converted QB, what did you think you would expect in year 2 especially since his rookie year he was dealing with shin splints?

I know guys have high hopes for him but your fooling yourself if your expecting miracles in his 2nd year, coaches said he is about as far along as Austin was last year, which means he's not ready for games other then using his speed and athleticism sprinkled around...He caught the one pass they did throw at him which was a tough ball for a 1st down, other then that he was in TO's primary position and showed a burst I don't think any of our WR's have outside of TO...This is really his first full TC and off-season, let the guy develop first, it makes no sense to be talking about trying a guy at QB in his 2nd season that hasn't even started yet.
          I was just thinking out loud, chill out dude. On the real though I think it may end up being a stupid wasted draft pick but it's definitely too early to say definitively. It's not that big of a deal as it was just a 4th but still maybe when we need a WR we should just draft somebody that played WR in college instead of a developmental project. From what I'd heard he was dropping balls in practice and showed nothing as a kick returner in that game to really justify him being active on game day. On one return he jumped in the air like he thought he was superman and almost fumbled. I'm rooting for the dude obviously but he doesn't seem to be progressing much yet. And yes I'm aware of the lisfranc injury he was dealing with last year but I'm assuming that's fully healed by now.

Comment

• To be fair...our wedges were busted just as soon as they were started in that game. Anyone would have had a hard time gaining any real yards with our kick return team's performance. The Chargers were only about 5 yards off each time our return man got the ball. We need loads of work on our blocking yet. Stanback was a great kick returner last year.

Also, he's a developmental WR who barely played last year...it's going to take A LOT of time. Patience, patience, patience....he'll get his 3 year flyer and potentially 4 years given that he had almost no work in year 1. He def. has the skill set potential, you just have to give it time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Don't forget that our Wedge was way to tight...SD was able to run around the edges everytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                Don't forget that our Wedge was way to tight...SD was able to run around the edges everytime.
                Yeah, technique was awful all around on all our ST units. It needs and will be fixed soon enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well I did a little research and Stanback only returned 3 kicks last year for 78 yards with a long of 35. Obviously he'll need more experience as a kick returner before we can expect that much from him with that. I could be wrong but I don't think he returned any kicks in college either. I'm still a little surprised we didn't just draft him to play QB given our lack of QB depth. He could've maybe been the 3rd developmental QB behind Johnson. I didn't really watch him at all at Washington but just judging from stats and a scouting report I've seen it seems like he was at least a decent QB prospect. I know this is all moot now because it's extremely unlikely we would make him switch positions again. I'm just bored and thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                    I was just thinking out loud, chill out dude. On the real though I think it may end up being a stupid wasted draft pick but it's definitely too early to say definitively. It's not that big of a deal as it was just a 4th but still maybe when we need a WR we should just draft somebody that played WR in college instead of a developmental project. From what I'd heard he was dropping balls in practice and showed nothing as a kick returner in that game to really justify him being active on game day. On one return he jumped in the air like he thought he was superman and almost fumbled. I'm rooting for the dude obviously but he doesn't seem to be progressing much yet. And yes I'm aware of the lisfranc injury he was dealing with last year but I'm assuming that's fully healed by now.
                    I am 'chill', I was just responding, last I checked I didn't see anything in my post that called you a name or disrespected your post, its all good conversation around here and I'm entitled to my opinion as you are...I was just baffled at why you were expecting leaps and bounds this year knowing he is a converted QB without a real TC to take snaps at WR last year?

It's just silly to call it a stupid wasted pick in his 2nd year no matter how you try and twist it, guys are so quick to judge players and call them bust when realistically this is his first year going through all the motions...Most of us were not expecting him to contribute much this year, so if you were you had your hopes up too high, but if your drafting a QB and making him a WR you shouldn't even start to judge him until year 3 and as MOTH said in this case maybe year 4, the upside and potential is there...It worked with Crayton, it worked countless times around the year, your just jumping the gun on him right now.

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...48D7A7C0FC3F9E

Flozell is a bad ass...I love it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...48D7A7C0FC3F9E

Flozell is a bad ass...I love it!!!
                        Yeah he is...it's nice to see he still has that fire. I wouldnt call them thugs or dirty or anything but, the Adams/Colombo duo is a mean one. They are no strangers to getting into fights, especially Colombo who gets in a fight every single practice and game. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't mean to solicit, but I have lower level tickets to the Texans game next friday if anyone is interested. I have two tix and will sell them at the face value. PM me if interested.

Comment

• I have a real cause for celebration....

I'm getting DirectTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I wish I was rich enough to afford it..let alone stable enough to sign the 2 year contract >_>

Comment

• I have direct tv but, no fox philly anymore so, i'd be losing a lot of cowboys games....and I havent missed a Cowboy game since I was like 6. So, I have to buy Sunday ticket this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information