Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what Wade Phillips had to say about injured Cowboys who will probably play significant roles this season:

WR Miles Austin -- Confirmed he's out 4-6 weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee.

LB Kevin Burnett -- Expected back for season opener after getting left knee scoped.

CB Terence Newman -- Groin has recovered well enough to probably practice this week. Might play in preseason finale.

LB Justin Rogers -- He's fine after suffering first-degree sprain of AC joint in left shoulder. "It's nothing," Rogers said on his way to lift weights.

DE Chris Canty -- Dr. Phillips used a fancy term, but Canty basically bruised his butt by his right hip. He's OK.

LB Anthony Spencer -- Should return this week. Spencer said there's still swelling in his right knee, and he's not sure he'll be able to practice tomorrow.
    Injury updates...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Injury updates...
      At this point there's nothing major. The Austin one is the most disappointing, but this will give Hurd more reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The better question is, who all saw McFadden play both games, and doesn't Felix look ALOT quicker? Maybe its too soon to overreact, but Felix looks more agile and explosive when he gets the ball, his big plays at this point probably triple what McFadden has had, funny how the guy who was hyped up so much, with the huge contract, and overshadowed Felix his whole career, looks like we got what we needed alot later...I don't think Felix can turn on the jets like CJ in the open, but its amazing the way he can make guys miss in short space, I underrated that quality about him, his game translates very well...Can't wait to see him return a kickoff though.

Originally posted by MetSox17
        3. Felix the Cat. A friend of mine who i saw yesterday, was on the practice squad at Arkansas last year. That meant he went up against Felix and DMC every day in practice. He said, without a doubt, that Felix is quicker and more agile than McFadden. Told me he had a much harder time trying to tackle Jones. Great stuff to hear.
        I posted this in the San Diego-Pre season thread.

I love the Cowboys.

Comment

• Would anyone have a problem with bringing in Joe Horn for the vet minimum? Not like we don't have the cap space, he wouldn't get a signing bonus, and at worst case he is a veteran mentor...I don't think we need him, and I don't want him, but if we signed him for the vet minimum I certainly wouldn't be against it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Would anyone have a problem with bringing in Joe Horn for the vet minimum? Not like we don't have the cap space, he wouldn't get a signing bonus, and at worst case he is a veteran mentor...I don't think we need him, and I don't want him, but if we signed him for the vet minimum I certainly wouldn't be against it.
            I would be very against it. For one it would slow the development of our young WRs. We finally get to see what they are made of and can make a decision how to go forward with them after this year. Secondly, we don't need a mentor, that's what a WR's coach is supposed to do. Third, he takes up a valuable roster spot. Fourth, he's always been worried about himself more than anything. Fifth, he'd have no chemistry with Romo and those things take time. Sixth, TO is a better TD celebrator anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I would be very against it. For one it would slow the development of our young WRs. We finally get to see what they are made of and can make a decision how to go forward with them after this year. Secondly, we don't need a mentor, that's what a WR's coach is supposed to do. Third, he takes up a valuable roster spot. Fourth, he's always been worried about himself more than anything. Fifth, he'd have no chemistry with Romo and those things take time. Sixth, TO is a better TD celebrator anyways.
              JUST SAY NO TO JOE!!!

Comment

• Jerry has shot down any shot at getting Horn.

Also, Wade pretty much said that Miles Austin will be one of our kick returners when healthy...So, if i had to guess I'd say our regular kick returners will be Austin and Stanback. Felix has taken to the offense so quickly that the coaches are drawing up more and more plays for him and expecting him to contribute a lot more than orginally believed. So, some of the coaching staff is a little bit wary of letting him return kicks and risk injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Jerry has shot down any shot at getting Horn.

Also, Wade pretty much said that Miles Austin will be one of our kick returners when healthy...So, if i had to guess I'd say our regular kick returners will be Austin and Stanback. Felix has taken to the offense so quickly that the coaches are drawing up more and more plays for him and expecting him to contribute a lot more than orginally believed. So, some of the coaching staff is a little bit wary of letting him return kicks and risk injury.
                  If Austin and Stanback can be decent to above average in KR's, then i agree that we should save Jones for the offense, but if it starts getting a little stale, i wouldn't mind throwing Felix back there once in a while. I wouldn't make a habit out of it though.

And i'm glad Joe Horn is not coming here.

Comment

• Stanback has the potential to be a very potent KR, I'm all for getting him on the field more and getting the ball in his hands however we can.

Comment

• Also look out for RG Donald Thomas in Mia, looks like Parcells may have found another late rd starter...They have been raving about him all camp and he's already penciled in as the starter, those are the type of picks I was wanting to see late in our draft, because I think if somebody on our 2nd team O-line doesn't step up we will be drafting another Tackle and Guard next year.

Comment

• Hard Knocks was right up my ally...lots of Hurd and Austin.

Some random stuff...

I sure hope Lattimore makes it somewhere or at the very least we could keep him around on the PS. He's just a good kid who really wants to be a great player. I really like what I see out of Keon. I'd rather he go elsewhere obviously, so he could actually have a career but, I wouldnt be opposed to keeping him around, either. Great kid.

You guys see that car Miles was driving? damn.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-20-2008, 11:05 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• So we're now headed into game 1 with no Austin, probably no Spencer, Possibly no Burnett, and the remote possibility that Newman still can't go.

I'd like to say I'm confident with Newman, but Wade never gives the right time tables on injuries.

Concerned? why or why not?

I'm a bit worried. The Browns have a strong offense, and although their defense doesn't scare me, I certainly would like to avoid a points war.

No Newman would obviously be the biggest blow. We need him in there to shut down his side of the field. Whether its Braylon Edwards or Donte Stallworth, he can handle it.

Assuming he is back I think the loss of Burnett would be the other thing that really concerns me. KB is crucial to our nickel packages. Bradie James coverage is a joke, ZT is ideally a 2 down player, and Bobby Carpenter doing anything of importance scares me.

Austin and Spencer shouldn't be missed. Sure, I'd love for both of them to be there, but Austin would only be in on a handful of plays and Spencer would be in rotation/Special packages.

Comment

• I think they'll all be ready week 1 except for Austin. Spencer just has a bruised knee and will be back to practice next week and Newman has been cleared to practice but, will probably take a few more off but yeah, he does have a realistic shot at playing in the preseason finale. KB is probably more of a coin flip but, everything points to him being ready for that game. I'm not too worried. I'm also not afraid of Derek Anderson...who is a tad concust and imho, a one hit wonder...the Browns still have a lot of holes and iffy personnel. Anything can happen week 1 but, I think we'll win that game no problem.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-20-2008, 11:17 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I think they'll all be ready week 1 except for Austin. Spencer just has a bruised knee and will be back to practice next week and Newman has been cleared to practice but, will probably take a few more off but yeah, he does have a realistic shot at playing in the preseason finale. KB is probably more of a coin flip but, everything points to him being ready for that game. I'm not too worried. I'm also not afraid of Derek Anderson...who is a tad concust and imho, a one hit wonder...the Browns still have a lot of holes and iffy personnel. Anything can happen week 1 but, I think we'll win that game no problem.
                              Wade said tonight that Spencer is out 2-4 weeks because he had to go under the knife today

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                Wade said tonight that Spencer is out 2-4 weeks because he had to go under the knife today
                                He had to go under the knife? For what, does he need arthro also? Geez. I didnt even hear that. Well, if that's the case, it's still not a major loss, he's not going to make or break that game...and again, that's a minor surgery that wont effect his long term play. We'll be okay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information