This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Id still have concerns about your defense. I think the offense is very good, but your defense can still be had through the air..........
    Funny enough I am less concerned about the D this year than last and if I have any concern it is the Run D -- not the Pass D.

The CB upgrades and the removal of Roy from most anything pass makes a huge difference barring injury.

Also I see us in lots of Cover 1 Man this year with TNew, Pacman, Jenkins and Scandrick with Henry/Watkins as the SS.

On Offense, we do need more speed when going three WR -- if only to spread the field and threaten the ssafeties.

While I love guys love Witten, Hurd and Crayton and TO ---- TO, Witten, Hurd and Crayton is wayyyyyyyyy toooooooo slow as a 3 WR set to scare a nickel or dime coverage unit. You could role up coverage really tight and blitz heavily versus that line up b/c other than TO no one is taking it to the house.

Schematically, I'd say Austin plays a big role in the 3 WR set if his hands hold up with Hurd and Crayton splitting snaps as the "possession WR" in the set. That puts a slight fear of God in you b/c Austin or TO can go deep or taking a crossing pattern 80 yards, both are that fast.

But looking forward to the season big time.
    Last edited by johnstonolb; 08-26-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• QB
      Romo (1)
      Johnson (2)

RB
      Barber (3)
      Jones (4)
      Choice (5)

FB
      Anderson (6)

WR
      Owens (7)
      Crayton (8)
      Hurd (9)
      Austin (10)
      Stanback (11)
      Amendola (12)

TE
      Witten (13)
      Curtis (14)
      Bennett (15)

OL
      Adams (16)
      Kosier (17)
      Gurode (18)
      Davis (19)
      Colombo (20)
      Free (21)
      McQ (22)
      Procter (23)
      Berger (24)
      Marten (25)

Offense: 25

DL
      Canty (1)
      Ratliff (2)
      Spears (3)
      Hatcher (4)
      Johnson (5)
      Bowen (6)

LB
      Ware (7)
      Ellis (8)
      James (9)
      Thomas (10)
      Spencer (11)
      Burnett (12)
      Carpenter (13)
      Rogers (14)
      Walden (15)

DB
      Newman (16)
      Henry (17)
      Jones (18)
      Jenkins (19)
      Scandrick (20)
      Ogelsby (21)
      Williams (22)
      Hamlin (23)
      Watkins (24)
      Brown (25)

Defense: 25

ST
      Folk (1)
      McBriar (2)
      Ladouceur (3)

ST: 3

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Per DMN, Bartel will start at QB tomorrow night and play the whole game. This is going to be a really dull game.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
          Lowber over Amendola
          Courtney Brown over Ball
          Lattimore over Colemen though I prefer the third QB which we don't have right now.

That is about it IMHO.

I agree with all of those....Bartel starting will be awful to watch, but at the very least I should get to see a good sampble of Lowber in this game, I've been reading up on how quite a few teams were intrigued with this guy a few years ago, so I could see somebody else taking a flier if we don't.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I agree with all of those....Bartel starting will be awful to watch, but at the very least I should get to see a good sampble of Lowber in this game, I've been reading up on how quite a few teams were intrigued with this guy a few years ago, so I could see somebody else taking a flier if we don't.
            I can easily see Carolina picking up our WR and CB cuts. They look in most need based on what little I hear.

Comment

• Not to monday morning QB, anybody else think that Witten, Curtis and Hannah plus a second round OG would have been better than the Bennet choice?

I kind of like Hannah. Big as the moon and moves pretty goo too.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Looks like Jenkins will be returning kicks this game, and he's looking forward to it:

Another Possible Returner

With injuries to Isaiah Stanback and Miles Austin, rookie Mike Jenkins will get a chance to return kickoffs Thursday night.

"I did it in college," said Jenkins, who returned seven kickoffs his final year at South Florida, averaging 30.4 yards a return and taking one back 100 yards for a touchdown. "On Thursday I'm starting, hope to get a return, do good back there and hopefully they'll keep me back there."

It is just one more place Jenkins hopes to make an impact on the field, either at his usual cornerback position or wherever the Cowboys need him.

"Anywhere possible that I can help the team out," Jenkins said. "I've played pretty much every position on the field from offense to defense, so whatever goes."

Phillips has said he might be forced to turn to either Felix Jones are Adam Jones for kickoffs with Austin and Stanback sidelined. The Cowboys also have been working rookies Orlando Scandrick and Danny Amendola back there.

- Mickey Spagnola
                http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...489E4A7099B0C6

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                  Not to monday morning QB, anybody else think that Witten, Curtis and Hannah plus a second round OG would have been better than the Bennet choice?

I kind of like Hannah. Big as the moon and moves pretty goo too.

Thoughts?
                  Not me, I really like the Bennett selection, this guy is a punishing run blocker, and he blocks with some authority, he's probably using raw strength at this point in his career, give him a year on the team to increase his strength and its scary what he could turn into...Let alone, he's been making some progress these past few games, and you can see he has a bright future if he puts it all together...On film he looks like a #1 TE for somebody, he could go to Atlanta as the starter and be a complete beast, learning behind Witten is best for him anyway, so he's not exposed all at once...But I think he will have a nice role for us this year, and alot more in the future, I'm excited about what he can develop into.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Not me, I really like the Bennett selection, this guy is a punishing run blocker, and he blocks with some authority, he's probably using raw strength at this point in his career, give him a year on the team to increase his strength and its scary what he could turn into...Let alone, he's been making some progress these past few games, and you can see he has a bright future if he puts it all together...On film he looks like a #1 TE for somebody, he could go to Atlanta as the starter and be a complete beast, learning behind Witten is best for him anyway, so he's not exposed all at once...But I think he will have a nice role for us this year, and alot more in the future, I'm excited about what he can develop into.
                    If I'm not mistaken he is only 20 right? I'm not sure maybe he is only 21, but it is encouraging to think about what he could be by next year.

I don't expect much this year except for some redzone targets. I think Garrett will be using the 3 TE package more often in the redzone this yeah which is pretty good matchup wise. Bennett, Curtis, and Witten are all pretty big and the first 2 have some leaping ability.

Comment

• Well if tonite's Hard Knocks is any indication based on what I saw ...

1) Martellus is playing this year, more than what we think but he comes off as an idiot.

2) Carpenter has played alot better and in fact a few times repeated that he has had as good a camp as an LB. The big coaching issue is getting him more physical and less finesse in the ILB role

3) Lowber is getting cut. Called "lost" by Sherman

4) They love Felix and will play quite a bit.

5) Roy is done as a 3 down starter. Henry is taking over his Dime duties. Nickel he is already gone.

6) Spencer was going to beat out Ellis but got injured. "Playing as well as Ware" to paraphrase

7) Amendola may barely make it and b/c of the injuries to Stanback and Austin.

Interesting episode.

Comment

• Yeah, you have to wonder how much of what we see and hear is just "posing for the camera" so to speak, and what is genuine and legit praise of the players involved.

I mean, taking it at face value is enough to make a fan's head explode with enthusiasm and excitement for the roster we have assembled.

All I can say is that I'm ready to go. Sick of hearing everything second hand. I want to start seeing the real ****. Let's go.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• The Dolphins cut Keith Davis. Any chance we bring him back to sure up our special teams?

Comment

• Hopefully... Maybe he could coach AND play ST for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                              The Dolphins cut Keith Davis. Any chance we bring him back to sure up our special teams?
                              I'd be worried about why they cut him. Even if he isn't great as a safety, he's as good as anyone in the league at ST, so something must be wrong for the Dolphins not to keep him for that.

Comment

• It seems that we have traded for Montrae Holland, a 16 games starter at guard for the Broncos last year.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information