X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pocketaces
    anybody else feel this way back in week 7 :D :D

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on October 26, three days after a 36-22 loss to the Giants left Dallas at 3-3: "I'm disappointed at the reason we're having to make this change (at quarterback). I have to be a realist. I hadn't thought or hoped we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. I did not want to go to an inexperienced quarterback (this year). I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back."

And Jones 28 days later with his team at 7-4 after a 38-10 Thanksgiving Day win over Tampa Bay: "This is the best we've played this year. Frankly, these back-to-back wins are the best we've looked in 10 years. We're a team that's got time to take advantage of getting a lot better. What we're doing … can pay off over the next four or five weeks."

Absoulutely!!! But, I realized that Bledsoe was playing scared. I knew he had to sit. I never thought Romo would be doing what he's doing. I'm sure a lot of us can say that. I do agree with Jerry on the one point. I haven't seen us play with this much confidence in a long time.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

• Question, why not put the the quicker and more agile Glenn on Moss? And let Henry play the slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
        Originally posted by pocketaces

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on October 26, three days after a 36-22 loss to the Giants left Dallas at 3-3: "I'm disappointed at the reason we're having to make this change (at quarterback). I have to be a realist. I hadn't thought or hoped we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. I did not want to go to an inexperienced quarterback (this year). I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back."

And Jones 28 days later with his team at 7-4 after a 38-10 Thanksgiving Day win over Tampa Bay: "This is the best we've played this year. Frankly, these back-to-back wins are the best we've looked in 10 years. We're a team that's got time to take advantage of getting a lot better. What we're doing … can pay off over the next four or five weeks."

Absoulutely!!! But, I realized that Bledsoe was playing scared. I knew he had to sit. I never thought Romo would be doing what he's doing. I'm sure a lot of us can say that. I do agree with Jerry on the one point. I haven't seen us play with this much confidence in a long time.
        true. but i remember after being 3-3 how frustrating it was because you knew the talet was there but we were so inconsistnt. romo has been great and if we win this weekend the rest of the nfl is in trouble imo.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
          Originally posted by Poet3334
          Originally posted by pocketaces

true. but i remember after being 3-3 how frustrating it was because you knew the talet was there but we were so inconsistnt. romo has been great and if we win this weekend the rest of the nfl is in trouble imo.
          You better believe it!

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

• This game is driving me crazy. I look at all the reasons for us to be successful, and I can't come up with any other conclusion besides us winning handily. But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just can't shake. It is the same one I had before the Washington and Philly games. It says "something is about to go terribly wrong".

We've all seem these types of games. One team comes in playing great and on a roll, the other has been falling all over itself on a weekly basis. Yet the same players that could not buy a good play in the previous weeks are suddenly flying around making big one after big one, leaving the favored team to simply shake its head and ask "What the hell is happening here".

We all felt that in Washington 4 weeks ago. We all saw it happen to Chicago against Arizona. Same thing with Atlanta in back-to-backs against Cincy and Pitt. It happens all the time, and I have a bad feeling that it's going to happen again tomorrow.

I can just see that damn Walker dude making some over-his-head plays and picking the ball off or staying with Terry Glenn on a deep post. Or William Joseph come screaming off the edge time after time at our QB. Or Bob freakin' Whitfield keeping his balance and sealing off the edge vs. DMW. I have a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Giants 27-23.
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              This game is driving me crazy. I look at all the reasons for us to be successful, and I can't come up with any other conclusion besides us winning handily. But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I just can't shake. It is the same one I had before the Washington and Philly games. It says "something is go to go terribly wrong".

We've all seem these types of games. One team comes in playing great and on a roll, the other has been falling all over itself on a weekly basis. Yet the same players that could not buy a good play in the previous weeks are suddenly flying around making big one after big one, leaving the favored team to simply shake its head and ask "What the hell is happening here".

We all felt that in Washington 4 weeks ago. We all saw it happen to Chicago against Arizona. Same thing with Atlanta in back-to-backs against Cincy and Pitt. It happens all the time, and I have a bad feeling that it's going to happen again tomorrow.

I can just see that damn Walker dude making some over-his-head plays and picking the ball off or staying with Terry Glenn on a deep post. Or William Joseph come screaming off the edge time after time at our QB. Or Bob freakin' Whitfield keeping his balance and sealing off the edge vs. DMW. I have a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

Giants 27-23.
              Danm talk about a buzzkill.

But I get what you mean, I'm not totally confident about this games as others are. But I had this feeling before the Arizona game(don't ask why), so maybe it will turn the way we all hope.

Comment

• well anytime you go on the road and your their "superbowl/philly" or a "must win/giants" it is a scary game. i sure dont think we should be the favorites in this game but if we are able to pull it out we will be on a serious roll and imo become the favorites in the nfc. yes even above da'bears because they have q.b. issues. i cant wait till kick off.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I'm a little uneasy as well. I'm confident that we'll play well, which is something that I was not before the Philly game and the Redskin game. I just think one of these weeks the Giants will play big. It's a dangerous situation.

Albert Camus

Comment

• I think we pull it off. We have failed in all of these games before. But that was with Bledsoe at the helm. Our qb has a spark to him that Drew lacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marion Barber III 24
                      I think we pull it off. We have failed in all of these games before. But that was with Bledsoe at the helm. Our qb has a spark to him that Drew lacked.
                      I am pumped, and ready to go!

Albert Camus

Comment

• Well it looks like most of the injured Giants will be active for the game.

Here are the current injury updates...

Sam Madison is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Carlos Emmons is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Gibril Wilson is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Osi Umenyoria is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Brandon Short is listed as questionable but is expected to play

Corey Webster is listed as questionable and is not expected to play

Luke Petigout is listed as out and will not be playing

Michael Strahan is listed as doubtful and is not expected to play
                        "Red Ball"

Comment

• I am happy that Strahan is out, and at least we know the ones that are active are not at 100%.
                          "Red Ball"

Comment

• I have a bad feeling about this game and someone getting hurt badly. For Cowboys fans I hope not because its just bad to see teams get injured. For Giants fans I hope not for the sanity of our fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix
                              I have a bad feeling about this game and someone getting hurt badly. For Cowboys fans I hope not because its just bad to see teams get injured. For Giants fans I hope not for the sanity of our fans.
                              I don't get it? Like who do you see getting injured and from what team?
                              "Red Ball"

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/guide?page=guide/week13

check the 5th quick hit down, i think this is newmans year for the pro bowl. even espn is recognizing him as second to champ.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information