This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Allen should still be a devastating run blocker, if he wanted to give it a go for one more year that be interesting, but then it would be somewhat of a log jam on the offensive line especially when Kosier comes back.
    I hope the team finds that they can live w/out Kosier. He's a worthless piece of crap.

Comment

• Looks like its just to retire as a Cowboy, would of been nice to see him out there one more time though, but one of the all-time greats none the less.

Here is the release from the Cowboys:

The Dallas Cowboys announced the signing of eleven-time Pro Bowl guard Larry Allen today so that Allen may retire as a Dallas Cowboy. A formal announcement and recognition by the Cowboys organization will be made at a later time. Allen played in Dallas from 1994 to 2005 and earned 10 Pro Bowl selections. He spent the last two seasons with the San Francisco 49ers and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl following the 2006 season.

Hall of Famer Bob Lilly is the only Dallas Cowboy to earn more Pro Bowl selections (11), than Allen, and Mel Renfro is the only other man in club history to earn 10 Pro Bowl trips. In terms of Pro Bowl selections, Allen is the most decorated offensive player in club history. He was also a seven time All-Pro selection. Allen was a second round draft choice out of Sonoma State by Dallas in 1994.

The Dallas Cowboys released guard Adam Stenavich today to create a roster spot for Larry Allen.
      per dmn.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
        Hey, any ideas where will Spears be playing on the line? Tank or Ratliff starting?
        He'll be starting at End w/ Ratliff starting at the nose again. Tank will see starter like snaps, though. They'll all play a little of both positions but, Spears earned his starting job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think I deserve some credit for mentioning the possibility of Larry Allen rejoining the Boys a couple of days ago, even if the reasoning was off.

Comment

• Interesting speculation from the the DMN blog:

Reports out of Arizona have WRs Jamaica Rector and Jerheme Urban as bubble guys on the Cardinals' roster. If the Cardinals cut one of those guys, don't be surprised if they end up in Dallas.

Jerry Jones made it clear last night that the Cowboys won't sign a receiver who has never worked with Tony Romo. Rector and Urban have experience with Romo and the current coaching staff, as the Cowboys cut both last August.

The 5-10, 183-pound Rector, a Celeste, Texas, product, caught a ton of Romo's passes when they were both scout-team guys in 2005. Rector spent that season on the Cowboys' practice squad and started the '06 season on the 53-man roster after leading the team in preseason yards and catches. He was cut in October '06, signed to the practice squad and let go again after being hampered with injuries during last season's training camp.

Urban (6-3, 207) was one of the Cowboys' last cuts last season after spending the last couple months of the '06 season on the practice squad. He caught 22 passes for 329 yards and two TDs last season with the Cardinals.

Wade Phillips didn't exactly gush with praise about Danny Amendola or Mike Jefferson today. Rector or Urban might be upgrades as fill-ins for Sam Hurd and Miles Austin.

I don't remember Urban very well, but I remember Rector as being fast and pretty decent. He just got caught up in the numbers when Hurd and Austin came in.

Comment

• Rector and Urban both performed well w/ the Cowboys. I wouldnt say either was a real easy cut to make. But anyway, regardless of who we get or what guy makes the team say, Amendola...that player is bound to be released when Hurd and Austin are healthy.

Also, this just seems like karma. Jones treated Terry pretty badly and had all this faith in the young guys and what happens? All the young guys get hurt and are on pace to miss multiple weeks each and in Stanback's case, perhaps the season. Unbelievable how this turned out.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I didn't like how things ended with Terry either, but it's obvious he wasn't healthy enough to play. Perhaps the fairer thing would have been to release him in March.

During the draft, I was hoping Dallas would draft Eddie Royal in the 2nd or 3rd round. After seeing him with the Broncos, I really wish they had done so.

Comment

• Trade SS Roy Williams to ARZ for WR Anquan Boldin or to DET for WR Roy Williams. Problem solved.

Comment

• I actually wouldn't want to make any trades right now. Once again, our offense was absolutely fine without huge contributions from Hurd, Austin, or Stanback last year.

Witten, Crayton, T.O., Barber, Felix, and Martellus will need to carry the load for a few games.

Beyond that, I don't even think the offense needs to be as potent as it was last year (Although, I think it will be even better when at full strength) because the defense has been greatly improved. We shouldn't have to get in shootouts every week like we did last year.

EDIT: also, if you guys see dynasty pop up in a thread, will you plus rep him for this sig. I told him I would get some boys rep thrown at him.
                    Last edited by Burns336; 08-30-2008, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Also, this just seems like karma. Jones treated Terry pretty badly and had all this faith in the young guys and what happens? All the young guys get hurt and are on pace to miss multiple weeks each and in Stanback's case, perhaps the season. Unbelievable how this turned out.
                      You say that as if Glenn isn't hurt too, how much of a better situation would we be in if we payed him 3 million dollars and he never strapped it up? I figured you would know his knee wasn't as rosy as he was making it out to be, otherwise he would of been playing in Miami right now, or with anyone else...I wouldn't mind bringing him back and seeing how many snaps he can go, but its quite obvious at this point Terry wasn't healthy, the Dolphins were interested as soon as he was cut but they didn't feel like his kenes would hold up either.

I agree pretty much with what you said Burns, we were fine last year without Glenn, Hurd, or Austin contributing much, and I still wouldn't trade that Bennett pick in for a WR, I think he is going to help us out quite a bit this year, and will make Witten more involved in the passing game...We should be fine, Cleveland's secondary is terrible, we shouldn't have any problems putting up points with the guys we have.
                      Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 08-30-2008, 06:12 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        You say that as if Glenn isn't hurt too, how much of a better situation would we be in if we payed him 3 million dollars and he never strapped it up? I figured you would know his knee wasn't as rosy as he was making it out to be, otherwise he would of been playing in Miami right now, or with anyone else...I wouldn't mind bringing him back and seeing how many snaps he can go, but its quite obvious at this point Terry wasn't healthy, the Dolphins were interested as soon as he was cut but they didn't feel like his kenes would hold up either.

I agree pretty much with what you said Burns, we were fine last year without Glenn, Hurd, or Austin contributing much, and I still wouldn't trade that Bennett pick in for a WR, I think he is going to help us out quite a bit this year, and will make Witten more involved in the passing game...We should be fine, Cleveland's secondary is terrible, we shouldn't have any problems putting up points with the guys we have.
                        I know it doesnt look good for glenn right now but, JJ was an ass during the whole ordeal. That is what i was getting at. They both acted like children throughout...I doubt Terry would want to play under Jerry again, even if he was healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Ashley Lelie is available.

Comment

• no thanks.

Any word on the cuts yet?

Comment

• Still no word yet...if you want a QB, Anthony Wright is available. Johnson looked pretty good, after that 1st game, though...so, we'll probably just stick w/ two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Trade SS Roy Williams to ARZ for WR Anquan Boldin or to DET for WR Roy Williams. Problem solved.
                                You think RW has that much value? The only reason he's still on the team is the fact that his monster contract would kill us.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information