Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would of liked to see Lattimore make it, and I'm pretty certain one of these spots was reserved for Walden who didn't make it and was picked up by KC...Personally I feel like that was stupid to even attempt it, he's changing positions, and he's our 6th rd pick this year, so we basically gave that up for free...Now watch him turn out to be something, though in that D he is probably going to be a DE, still felt we should of made room for our draft pick.

Could of turned that pick into Josh Morgan or traded it for a future pick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• grabbed from another site...

08/27/08 - WR Chad Jackson still hasn't shown the ability to run crisp, timely routes that New England requires and remains a huge disappointment.

07/27/08 - WR Chad Jackson is being given the opportunity to win the job on the outside opposite Randy Moss, the one vacated by Donte' Stallworth's free agent departure to Cleveland. So far in camp, the third-year former second-round pick has been up-and-down in practice action. But Bill Belichick still sees the things he liked when he drafted Jackson, prior to hamstring and knee injuries limiting his first two seasons in the league.

06/19/08
      - WR Chad Jackson was on the New England active roster for the final two months of 2007 and the entire postseason following his Nov. 7 addition from PUP after offseason surgery to repair a torn ACL suffered in the 2006 AFC title game. But the 2006 second-round pick - a guy the Patriots traded up to acquire and actually considered for their first-round pick that April - was in uniform for just three games last season and never caught a single passes in the team's pass-happy attack. But with Donte' Stallworth gone via free agency and Jackson now fully healthy for the first time as a pro the third-year receiver faces big expectations this fall in New England. There is no argument that he has the size, speed, athleticism and hands to be a productive NFL target, especially as the potential third fiddle behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker on Tom Brady's list of options. Jackson has lined up with the first unit on the outside opposite Moss throughout practice work this spring and will be given every opportunity to earn a starting role and key spot in one of the NFL's truly elite offenses. If he can't take that chance and finally run with it then Jackson's days in New England are numbered.

Comment

• Why is any of that relevant here and why did you post it?

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Why is any of that relevant here and why did you post it?
          It's relevant when talking about Chad Jackson being cut and us picking him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel View Post
            It's relevant when talking about Chad Jackson being cut and us picking him up.
            I just didn't understand posting the old clippings from a few years ago...Either way, I was on his bandwagon too I can't lie, I saw the hands competition that he won and he looked like a guy I wanted, excellent hands, great speed, but his learning the playbook probably has alot to do with him being cut...Even though he's a bust and was cut for a reason, you wouldn't see me complaining if we took a chance, he's only 23.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I just didn't understand posting the old clippings from a few years ago...Either way, I was on his bandwagon too I can't lie, I saw the hands competition that he won and he looked like a guy I wanted, excellent hands, great speed, but his learning the playbook probably has alot to do with him being cut...Even though he's a bust and was cut for a reason, you wouldn't see me complaining if we took a chance, he's only 23.
              Not sure what you mean by a few years ago. Those clippings are from this summer so it's completely relevant.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                Not sure what you mean by a few years ago. Those clippings are from this summer so it's completely relevant.
                That's my mistake, I read wrong.

Comment

• Looks like we will be adding a 3rd QB, not the likely name though, Brooks Bollinger

The Cowboys have room for one more player on their eight-man practice squad, and I'm told that it will be quarterback Richard Bartel, who had an excellent showing in the final exhibition game against the Vikings.

Brooks Bollinger didn't play well for the Vikings in that game, but he'll probably be added to the Cowboys' 53-man roster after the season-opener against Cleveland. At that point, Bartel will be released from the practice squad. If the Cowboys signed Bollinger now, his salary for the 2008 season would be guaranteed.

It's a little surprising to see that the Cowboys would let another talented young quarterback get away. Last year, they tried to sneak Matt Moore through to the practice squad, but the Panthers signed him and he eventually became their starter.

Bartel has size (6-3, 233) and a live arm. Bollinger (6-1, 205) has more experience after playing for the Jets and Vikings over the past five seasons. He and Cowboys backup Brad Johnson played together in Minnesota.
                  http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...to-Dallas.html
                  Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 09-01-2008, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Well, nothing is guaranteed w/ that but, I've always liked Brooks Bollinger, so I'd be happy to have him on board. Seems pretty likely that...Ball and Marten will be cut some way or another in the next few days. Then it gets interesting because, who do you cut if you want to add a WR? I'm not so sure we're even looking WR after hearing this news.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-01-2008, 01:17 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Bollinger is trash and I hope we don't have to have a need for a #3 QB. Too bad we can't get Chad Jackson.

Comment

• Brooks is really not that bad at all.

Anyway, Tank changed his number finally, that 66 was so ugly to look at, he'll now wear 95.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I kinda liked the 66 on him, it made him stand out and was fitting since he is somewhat undersized for a 3-4 NT, I'll have to look twice for him now....I really wouldn't of been upset at taking a peek at Ahmad Brooks either, watch him come out playing next to Willis now, I just don't see Carpenter as a longterm fit at the position.

Comment

• 66 on a defensive lineman is just horrible to look at.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like Procter will start instead of McQ.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Amendola and Jefferson are on the PS...so, there is a chance that one could be activated before week 1...very strange way to do it but, it may happen. They'd have to stay on the roster, though.

Those are the only names that are out right now...6 more guys to be named later.
                                I'm not surprised Walden was claimed. I didn't think we'd be able to sneak him through to our PS. I'd rather have dumped Ball or Marten rather than Walden who I thought showed some potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information