Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Chad Jackson! Has he signed with anyone yet?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
      I want Chad Jackson! Has he signed with anyone yet?
      What would it hurt to bring him in for a test?

Comment

• Felix and Adam Jones will return kick offs this Sunday but, Wade said not at the same time most likely.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Felix and Adam Jones will return kick offs this Sunday but, Wade said not at the same time most likely.
          Good, thats who needs to be doing it anyway, they are the best men for the job and screw all that injury stuff...Field position is vital, and with a good offense as ours, field position could make all the difference in the world...But I expect Adam Jones to do more returning then Felix though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
            What would it hurt to bring him in for a test?
            I will just sign him or Ashley Lelie and re least Berger. Also I would claims Dre Moore and cut Bowen.

We have too many injuries this year, does Cowboys stop off season program?

Comment

• Dre Moore has been straight up awful and Lelie signed w/ the Raiders.

We actually dont have that many injuries in comparison to other teams...outside of the three receivers and Spencer, everyone is ready to go for week 1. The Browns have double our injuries.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Dre Moore has been straight up awful and Lelie signed w/ the Raiders.

We actually dont have that many injuries in comparison to other teams...outside of the three receivers and Spencer, everyone is ready to go for week 1. The Browns have double our injuries.
                Okay, We need to sign C Johnson or anyone, we just can't have 2/12 wrs to play the first two games, it is big risk that TO and Clayton to play the entire game, especially TO age.

Comment

• Yea I have to agree out injuries are really really minor in comparison to other teams, the Giants D line depth is depleted, the Texans don't have a RB, Colts have major injuries to all their key players, we should be fine with most of ours after the first month of the season.

And as far as Dre Moore, honestly anybody who was cut has been awful, you could find something wrong with every guy who got cut, Jackson and Moore included with all the other guys, but sometimes its still worth it to take fliers on these guys, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we did put in a waiver for Jackson, but somebody might beat us to the punch...Moore I would love to take a look at, again your not giving these guys any bonus money, your just getting a chance to see if the motivation is where it needs to be with the talent level, if not cut them again and its no big deal, but I would absolutely love to have Jackson or Moore on our PS.

Jackson is 23 years old the same age as Donnie Avery, very raw, but at worst he can be a punt returner for a team, no way Skyler Green can keep getting gigs with teams but Jackson won't, so I think somebody would grab him before he made it to us...Moore I heard was super lazy or out of shape but I think he fits in a 3-4 and for the price would be interested in seeing what he had, but then again we did keep Marcus Dixon without doing very much due to injuries, but I think he has some ability and I won't be forgetting about him next year.

Comment

• Actually speaking of Chad Jackson

The Raiders will try out free agent WR Chad Jackson.
                    Jackson officially cleared waivers on Monday and is an unrestricted free agent. He is the type of size/speed reclamation project that Al Davis loves.
                    Source: ESPN.com

Hmmm, guess he cleared waivers...Likely Al Davis would take a flier, but I mean, I know this guy doesn't know our system, but is he not a better PS candidate over Amendola? We wouldn't even need him this year but seems like it would be a decent grab even though there were quite a few negative reports about him.

Comment

• He's not practice squad eligible...and I doubt the Raiders still want him, they signed Lelie today. I doubt we want him either because, we'd have to make another cut...after we cut Ball and Marten for maybe Bollinger and Davis, there isnt much more worth cutting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Accordin to the DMN, Procter is gonna start at LG against the Browns, but Holland will replace him as soon as he learns the playbook.
                        It also seems that Stanback will play on sunday (but won't return kicks).

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Hello fellow Cowboys fans =D, im a long time fan of the site and this team forum but this is my first post. I was content for the longest time just reading and taking sides in the shadows, but after realizing my real life friends are clueless to anything beyond what a casual fan would know... I decided I would like it very much so to interact with fans who know more than what happens on gameday. Here are my first thoughts...

In Cleveland due to the lack of WR depth I expect to see alot of Twin tightend and I-formations with TEs and RB motioning out wide. This is where the addition of Felix Jones will help. Marion will probably have 20-25 touches rushing the ball... I believe Felix will get 5-10 touches rushing and another 5-10 on screens or passes that he is motioned out to the LOS. TO will be put all over the field. Garrett seemes to line his playmaker anywear to create mismatches...When Stanback comes into the game in nickle situations, I think he will be placed out wide with either TO or Crayton in the slot.. I don't think they will put him in many situations where he is crossing the middle due to his injury. Witten will also see some snaps for the slot and outwide, with either Curtis or Bennet getting some additional snaps at TE.

I really don't know what to expect from Procter, but I do know the Holland will get an opportunity to play eventually. He has the type of size that fits in with the o-line and I believe Phillips would rather keep Procter as his utility interior lineman. If his play is even close to Kosier's performance last season does anyone think he will keep the job for the season.. or will Kosier supplant him in week 6 or 7 when he should return? and this may be WAY pre-mature..but is there any chance Kosier's future with the team would be in jeopardy if Holland were to perform well? either way I believe a guard with be on the draft radar for 09' Berger is a FA... Marten already has on foot out the door.. and Proctor is the primary backup for Gurode. I like Duke Robinson for Oklahoma... but other than him... i dont see the boys drafting a guard early.

Comment

• From what I've read Proctor should just be a place holder until Holland is ready to go, which could be as soon as week 2 according BTB. Which is obvious I guess, he is far more experienced then the other guys we have, and you don't want to rush him out there with just a week of practice under his belt. Give him at least a couple weeks for him to digest the scheme and see what he can do for us.

Comment

• Hey, excited about Sunday, Anyone want to start a predictions thread for 2008? A Cleveland thread?

FWIW, I think the key to Sunday is Josh Cribbs and our ST. Folk needs to do a great job of protecting them in spite of Cribbs being injured (looks to play I think). With Austin and Hurd out we are hurting on ST -- hopefully Davis does something for us.

Cowboys 38 - Cleveland 31

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                From what I've read Proctor should just be a place holder until Holland is ready to go, which could be as soon as week 2 according BTB. Which is obvious I guess, he is far more experienced then the other guys we have, and you don't want to rush him out there with just a week of practice under his belt. Give him at least a couple weeks for him to digest the scheme and see what he can do for us.

Pretty clear to me that if none of our back-ups can replace our weakest Lineman then we need to redo our depth back there in the next 12 months.

Hopefully with Houck's influence we can turn that around b/c it is scarry we are using our backup Center for Guard and putting all the other guys aside.

FWIW, I thought Berger was ok but it seems Berger, McQ, Proctor are more the Belichick / Parcells type lineman. Smaller, mobile, likely brighter than the average OL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information