This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    If you cant tell that something is emotionally/mentaly wrong w/ Tony than I'd greatly question how much you really follow the team. Hell, it's as plain as day, anyone could see it.
    I have watched every minute of every game for as long as I can remember. I also read all 3 prominent blogs. We can agree to disagree if you wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
      Sure will but this does not change what I see -- He is taking too long in the pocket, not moving around like he did well, staring way too long at Witten or TO, not throwing Austin or Crayton the ball (Austin was open all day) and the OC is doing a bad job of getting him on track.

Let Tony be Tony is a failure -- that is leave him alone -- is wrong. He needs some serious hands on coaching right now.

Wish David Lee was here.
      Tony's play is in direct correlation of how he has been carrying himself lately. Guy just looks and acts depressed. We have a bit of a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

I have watched every minute of every game for as long as I can remember. I also read all 3 prominent blogs. We can agree to disagree if you wish.
        That wasnt taking a shot at you...I'm just saying. The guy you are watching out there isnt playing like Tony Romo. That's why saying something like let Tony be Tony doesnt really make any sense. The guy is currently trying to be something he's not and he is struggling mightly. What he does need to do...is be himself. That is the solution not the problem. Those turnovers will come but, you know he'll back it up w/ some outstanding play. Because, what he is going through now is really hurt the team and he is not having any fun out there. What makes him great is that gunslinger, backyard football mentality. Improvision is a key part to what makes him a fantastic player but, again he's trying to be the next Tom Brady and limit interceptions...In turn he's holding onto the ball too long and taking hits and fumbling. He's not in a great place right now.

Something I found interesting...first question asked to Tony after the game..."Did you have fun out there?" He didnt smile at all during the game, he wasnt even emotional after Folk tied it up. There is something wrong.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Tony's play is in direct correlation of how he has been carrying himself lately. Guy just looks and acts depressed. We have a bit of a problem.
          This is circular reasoning and pure nonsense from a football perspective.

We all felt horrible at times for whatever reason and to associate failure to your mental state is what LOSERS do. I would like to think Tony is not a loser.

I would like to think he needs his coaches to start coaching him again -- like Lee and Parcells did. He is not a pure pocket passer and is becoming a turnover machine.

He needs to go back to being more mobile. He needs to go back to throwing shorter timing routes. He needs to start using Crayton and Austin. He needs to start throwing the ball away after 3 seconds or run like hell.

Success breads confidence. His coaches needs to help him get there by coaching him firmly and better play calling. I am telling you Crayton and Austin where open all day. He looked at them like twice. Same last week and previous. His obsession (and Garrett) with TO and Witten is hurting him -- he is waiting too long for them and is fixated on them.

Anyway, no worries. I am sure Wade will rise to the occassion --- once he figures out that Special Teams may cost him his job AGAIN.

Comment

That wasnt taking a shot at you...I'm just saying. The guy you are watching out there isnt playing like Tony Romo. That's why saying something like let Tony be Tony doesnt really make any sense. The guy is currently trying to be something he's not and he is struggling mightly. What he does need to do...is be himself. That is the solution not the problem. Those turnovers will come but, you know he'll back it up w/ some outstanding play. Because, what he is going through now is really hurt the team and he is not having any fun out there. What makes him great is that gunslinger, backyard football mentality. Improvision is a key part to what makes him a fantastic player but, again he's trying to be the next Tom Brady and limit interceptions...In turn he's holding onto the ball too long and taking hits and fumbling. He's not in a great place right now.

Something I found interesting...first question asked to Tony after the game..."Did you have fun out there?" He didnt smile at all during the game, he wasnt even emotional after Folk tied it up. There is something wrong.
            I am not sure what you think Tony being Tony means .... but Tony being Tony is what David Lee and Parcells tried to beat out of him -- the propensity for turnovers and sloppy ball management.

Tony was/is/will be his best rolling and moving around and occasionally running but doing htis with a clock in his head. Again, 3 seconds, nothing, run or roll somewhere to buy time. This whole sit in the pocket patting the ball ...... ughhhhh. If you notice most of his turnovers are when he keeps holding the ball praying for TO or Witten to get open 30 yards downfield ........

Well, whatever it is better get fixed fast. NFC is pretty damn good.

Comment

• You greatly under value the mental side of the game. If a player loses his love for the game or confidence, which may be the case...it is not as easy as coaching him up or telling him to spread it around more. It is a very difficult thing to over come. This isnt a quick fix. You compare that guy from past years to now...completely different person. Hell, Tony used to sing before games and you couldn't wipe that smile off his face almost ever. Now, he barely shows emotion. He's also playing scared, he doesnt want to throw picks. He was very hesident to throw the ball past 10 yards and he checked down to Barber a good 11 times. This is a mental thing...not mechanics, not technique, not even game planning this time. It seems as though, he is struggling to find his identity as a QB and on the way, he looks like a depressed mess.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-12-2008, 11:35 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

You greatly under value the mental side of the game. If a player loses his love for the game or confidence, which may be the case...it is not as easy as coaching him up or telling him to spread it around more. It is a very difficult thing to over come. This isnt a quick fix. You compare that guy from past years to now...completely different person. Hell, Tony used to sing before games and you could wipe that smile off his face almost ever. Now, he barely shows emotion. He's also playing scared, he doesnt want to throw picks. He was very hesident to throw the ball past 10 yards and he checked down to Barber a good 11 times. This is a mental thing...not mechanics, not technique, not even game planning this time.
                OK, you are describing someone who needs Meds now. If our starting QB needs MEDS to deal with the pressure of wealth, poontang and high expectations -- well he ain't a Dallas Cowboy QB.

Again, I want to think we have a coaching problem now, not a QB problem. The coaches need to WORK HIM to do things FASTER in the pocket. This was the first critique that Belichick and Fat Man had of Tom Brady -- he needs to get what he is going to do -- done faster.

Tony needs to speed up the game in his mind. He is to slow in the pocket and it is bring out the worst in him -- the gunslinger. He is waiting on TO to somehow get open v press and double coverage. Well, sure he will .... in about 5 seconds. He is waiting for Witten .... same story. By then pass rush will get there.

You got single coverage on Austin .. bam. Single Crayton bam. WTF are you sitting the pocket waiting for TO or Witten when they got 2-3 Defenders around them most every play. If he ain't happy, GM/Owner/HC/ and OC need to get on the same page and realise Tony Romo is how you get to the SB not TO or Witten or whoever. Frankly I am sick of hearing everyone in Valley Ranch talk about getting TO the ball. Reminds me of New Orleans when they over focused on Reggie Bush.

GM/Owner/HC/ and OC should say the following: "Tony ball goes to guy with single coverage. If TO is doubled all game -- F him. If Witten is -- F him. Crayton, Austin, MBIII, Felix in the passing game make plays too. They are single -- get them the ball fast."

That is how you get your mojo back as a QB ...... making good throws to the right player ...... look at Eli once they got rid of that idiot Shockey and his hyperventilating ego maniac BS ..................... kid has been All Pro since then.
                Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-12-2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• I dont know how you fail to notice his demeanor on the field. He's playing scared and depressed. That is not on the coaches. Tony is in a funk right now and again, it looks to be all mental.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Two D's. Demeanor and Discipline.

The team as a whole doesn't seem like they're having fun out there. Win or lose. Romo obviously hasn't been the same, TO is pouting every time the camera is on him, the defense is coming off the field with slumped shoulders, I mean we just don't seem like a very confident team.

Penalties.... Man. Were just racking them up this year aren't we?

Comment

• We really need to do some hitting during next year's camp because, our tackling is taking forever to get up to form. You even had Thomas bouncing off guys and Scandrick ugh...dont get me started on his tackling today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• We need a real HC and an Owner/GM who steps away from the battlefield and lets his generals fight the war.

Comment

We need a real HC and an Owner/GM who steps away from the battlefield and lets his generals fight the war.
                          I understand we have problems galore, but why is it with you every time we lose a few games we need to tear this organization down and strip it to the bone to right the ship? We go through this all the time, you always go to the extremes and start calling for everyone's head, funny how Jerry still manages to catch some of the blame no matter what happens.

Look at the Chargers, they got down early, and now they know they have to fight, they have more losses then us, got cheated out of one, have WAY more injuries, and had the same super bowl expecations too, but to hell with it FIRE AJ SMITH!!!!!! Norv won't every do anything with that team because they have no heart etc etc.

We won't be 13-3 this year, but we have a long time to go to right the ship...Definately, things need to be changed no doubt about it, but stop acting like the worlds coming to an end when we lose, Jerry is always the problem for you whenever we lose.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I agree w/ you LL but, as a very frequent Chargers watcher...I think they should fire AJ Smith. Guy's an ass who is completely full of himself. :) He's great evaluator but again...dude's an ass. haha.

But seriously, like you said, it's a long season. There is still a really long way to go, we can right this ship. The Giants looked extremely disfunctional and downright awful at the beginning of the season last year. We still have time. Only real difference though, is a big one...and that is the Giants were expected to be bad, we're supposed to be the best in the league, destined for Super Bowl glory. Our team needs to forget about all that junk right now...take it a game at a time and go out there and have some fun. This team was better as an under dog or under the radar team, now that we're "supposed" to be this amazing team, they cant live up to all the hype and pressure. Seriously, they just need to forget about that and just take it week by week...just like last year's regular season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• First of all Longhorns, the comparison between AJ Smith and Jones is not even close. AJ does not own the team and can not simply "do as he wishes." Second, I could not find one guy who thought the Norv hire was any good either. Third, AJ fired Marty -- not exactly a controversial move IMHO.

Let me be clear on what agistates me, your QB is your franchise. When your GM/HC/OC come out saying TO must get the ball and TO himself is barking for it ..... it says something to the QB.

Best example I have is Shockey with Eli. The minute Shockey left it was night and day. Eli could simply thow it to the guy who was open. His decisions where better, faster and less mistakes. He is playing incredible right now and he looked LOST at time last year.

What I see right now is a QB trying to fit throws into small windows to guys (TO and Witten) who have two guys looking at them. When he does not force it quickly, he is spending endless time in the pocket trying to get the ball to them thus forcing it slowly. This is at the heart of all these mistakes.

I have yet to see Romo go to the line, take a three step or five step drop and go right to Crayton or Austin or the check down. They are always his 3/4/5 second read after looking for TO, Witten. He waits forever for TO and Witten to try and get downfield, double or not.

Teams have figured this out. Double TO, bump Witten with a LB and keep a safety nearby. That is 4 (four) defenders locked in on them

How do you think Austin was wide open on that post route in the endzone which Romo missed him on (too much time looking for TO)?

How do you think Crayton can catch a ball and go 55 yards un touched with his lousy speed?

You can not run an offense through a WR and expect it to work very well and certainly not a QB like Romo. Romo is not Aikman or Carson Palmer. He can't make those types of throws on a consistent basis in tight windows to a #1.

Tony needs to spread it out and go to who is open ... but when your Owner/GM/HC and OC are busy stroking TO's johnson .... "we must get him the ball." BS. I'd be depressed to if as a point guard I am told the ball always need to first go to player A regardless of what the game dictates.

Crayton and Austin where wide open most of the game with single coverage. Crayton, however, is not #2. He is an excellent #3 -- but I digress. Get them involved and uninvolve TO --- within two weeks you will see the difference. TO will be open more. Witten will be open more. Etc....

World is not ending but once again this team is getting sloppier and playing with even less heart than one would hope. The team personalities are not making it any better. It starts at the top.
                              Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-13-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• article on Romo...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.3c33e7a.html

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information