This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Did you guys just quit running the ball? I hope this trend continues when you face Tampa.
    As soon as Jason Garrett sees that the running game is going good, he stops it... cause he always wants to check to see if the passing game can keep up. God forbid the running game be better than the passing game in his mind. Running isn't what he's about or what he wants to be known for as an OC. Damn you JG. You're overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      As soon as Jason Garrett sees that the running game is going good, he stops it... cause he always wants to check to see if the passing game can keep up. God forbid the running game be better than the passing game in his mind. Running isn't what he's about or what he wants to be known for as an OC. Damn you JG. You're overrated.
      and he is going to be the HC........

Will he be one of the few HCs that calls the offensive plays?

Comment

Did you guys just quit running the ball? I hope this trend continues when you face Tampa.
        They did.

Garrett needs to get the ball to TO. Obviously... but.

I think Unit is wrong on that one. Roy isn't a 'luxury item', but a way to get creative and allow TO to get the ball more. Spreading the safeties wider and forcing plays outside will be a positive impact for both the running game and witten. Also he's basically the TO when TO decides he's done being TO. did i say TO enough?
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          They did.

I think Unit is wrong on that one. Roy isn't a 'luxury item', but a way to get creative and allow TO to get the ball more. Spreading the safeties wider and forcing plays outside will be a positive impact for both the running game and witten. Also he's basically the TO when TO decides he's done being TO. did i say TO enough?
          Well I don't expect many receivers to be getting the ball in space for a few weeks. TwO might get a few screens and such but the passing game will be garbage.

They must become a run first team to stay afloat with The Bull at the helm.
          Last edited by Bruce Banner; 10-22-2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            They did.

You know how to get the ball to TO more?

It's a secret. A dirty bad secret....

Use the run to set up the pass. Force them to put 8 in the box.

We have the stable of backs and the OL to be successful running the ball.

WRs are so overrated in the NFL. Yeah, they can help you win, but you can win without em. In our case... TO and Witten and their cast of misfits were plenty enough to win with a strong running attack and strong defense.

I like the addition of Roy because it's a move that will insure our future at the WR position and we had the resources to make it happen at an affordable price.

I just hope we don't stray away from the run now that we have that added Roy (because he makes it an attractive option) and I hope the focus doesn't stray away from fixing the D. The D isn't in as bad shape as many think. But how to go about fixing it could be a philosophical problem. I'm not sure what the team thinks they need to do.

Roy (the safety) shouldn't be back. I think they need to look carefully at bringing Zach back (if the price is reasonable). Tank Johnson is a UFA. He hasn't delivered as hoped. ...but he doesn't cost much anyways. Good depth guy, nothing more. Hatcher and Spears are the same. Don't cost much and are good depth guys, but when their rookie contracts expire, they should be let go. Meanwhile, we should be looking at adding bodies at that position in the draft to replace them. Hey, we took a shot at it with them, but they didn't work out, so we need to keep giving more shots at some new guys.

Comment

WRs are so overrated in the NFL. Yeah, they can help you win, but you can win without em.
              So true....but you will appreciate those receivers when they are gone.

See: Hilliard, Ike. #2 receiver.

Comment

Well I don't expect many receivers to be getting the ball in space for a few weeks. TwO might get a few screens and such but the passing game will be garbage.

They must become a run first team to stay afloat with The Bull at the helm.
                With Brad Johnson back there.... yes. We NEED to run the ball. Tampa has an awesome run defense. I want to see us give it to them. Exploit them. Enforce our will upon them. Mano a mano. Put our Run offense against their Run defense and see who comes out on top. We can't just put it on Barber's shoulders either. I think we need to see a good dose of Tashard Choice. Too bad Felix is out.

Comment

With Brad Johnson back there.... yes. We NEED to run the ball. Tampa has an awesome run defense. I want to see us give it to them. Exploit them. Enforce our will upon them. Mano a mano. Put our Run offense against their Run defense and see who comes out on top. We can't just put it on Barber's shoulders either. I think we need to see a good dose of Tashard Choice. Too bad Felix is out.
                  Felix is out? The Bucs' chance at winning just shot up. I was seriously fearing him....more than Barber for sure.

Comment

So true....but you will appreciate those receivers when they are gone.

See: Hilliard, Ike. #2 receiver.
                    Well, I think you do need a capable #1 type receiver, but you don't need 2.

It's weird, because I think Jerry did the right thing by picking up Roy. Timing was good, price was ok... Need?.... I didn't see it as a pressing need.

Comment

Felix is out? The Bucs' chance at winning just shot up. I was seriously fearing him....more than Barber for sure.
                      Hamstring injury that was supposed to keep him out 2-4 weeks. Unless he's miracle man, I think he's still out.

Comment

• Hmm. The Bucs dodge a bullet.

The biggest matchup IMO is our run game against your run D. The Bucs tailbacks are averaging like 5 yards or more per carry this year and Gruden seems hellbent on playing the clock control game.

Comment

Hmm. The Bucs dodge a bullet.

The biggest matchup IMO is our run game against your run D. The Bucs tailbacks are averaging like 5 yards or more per carry this year and Gruden seems hellbent on playing the clock control game.
                          Over 5 yards a carry? He has no reason to pass.

Did you see Steven Jackson run all over us? You have no fear against our non-existent run D.

Comment

• GREAT! Phillips is going to take over defensive playcalling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3657314

Looks like Jerry forced it upon him. Me love me some Jerry Jones. :D

Comment

GREAT! Phillips is going to take over defensive playcalling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3657314

Looks like Jerry forced it upon him. Me love me some Jerry Jones. :D
                              So who's going to take control of the offense?

o wait.

Comment

Over 5 yards a carry? He has no reason to pass.

Did you see Steven Jackson run all over us? You have no fear against our non-existent run D.
                                I will, of course, start graham against dallas. and of course, on that day, garcia goes down and griese throws for 500 yards. cripes.

Using the run to set up the pass is a great idea, and always will be a great idea, but, garrett apparently wants to pass to set up the run, and run something 'balanced', maybe not over the past few weeks, but over the course of the season, sometimes going to a more-pass-happy offense.
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information