Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes a great win, maybe even season saving. Can somebody please tell me why we use NO play action passes with our gawd awful QB? Its either run the ball or pass out of the shotgun for the most part. I would think a little play action might open things up a little. Oh and what happened to last years playbook with the creativity? Especially with TO. No motion, no lining him up all over the place, just heads up football.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Brad Johnson would have left the game in a body bag if we tried play action. He barely has any time to throw as it is...all it takes is one guy to come through and they were doing that all game. Our line has been very mediocre the last few weeks. When Romo returns, he needs to be the Romo we saw in year 1. He's going to have to run around because, right now, our offense looks very similar to that stagnant attack we had in Bledsoe's final season in big D. Romo makes the line look so much better than they actually are...when he makes his return, we really are going to need to see less of that Brady esque pocket passer. Gotta go back to what makes him a great QB. We're going to need that added element.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Not trying to rain on a parade.

But Jeff Garcia sucks so ******* bad.

Comment

• And Brad Johnson doesn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
            And Brad Johnson doesn't?
            The Bucs got no pressure on BJ. A sack here and there but no real consistent pressure.

Comment

• Well, it's nice to see that the sky isn't falling anymore. I'll never cease to be amazed by the quick trigger doubters, but hey, that's to be expected, I guess.

The D played good, but not outstanding. Good in that they bent, but didn't break. But I was disappointed in the Bucs' ability to get multiple first downs. With the win, the defense gets the praise for the day, but it was a struggle and we had some luck on our side. You have to admit the Bucs offense helped our D on many occassion.... whether by Tampa's penalties, slips or dropped easy passes... there's no doubt, we got the breaks. On a positive note, the defensive playcalling was like night and day. Wade can't give that responsibility up as long as he's here. Loved the pressure on Garcia. It was about as consistent as you could hope and he was always on the move and even when we didn't get to him, we were able to pressure him into making bad throws. He pulled some Houdini acts too, but you gotta credit Garcia for his mobility and quick thinking. As much as Bruce Banner wants to blame Garcia for the loss, Garcia wasn't the problem.

Jenkins and Scandrick were active and they really give me great hope that our future at the position is secure. Scandrick looks like one of the best steals of the draft. I mean, a lot of people said that when we drafted him, but when you actually see it happen, it's exciting.

My main gripe with the D was having our corners line up 8-10 yards off the receiver. I'm really surprised we weren't exploited there more often. I haven't noticed us playing like that earlier... Do we always do that?

Overall the D kept us in the game, but the game ball goes to Marion Barber for making something out of nothing and showing the most heart on the team today.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Well, it's nice to see that the sky isn't falling anymore. I'll never cease to be amazed by the quick trigger doubters, but hey, that's to be expected, I guess.

The D played good, but not outstanding. Good in that they bent, but didn't break. But I was disappointed in the Bucs' ability to get multiple first downs. With the win, the defense gets the praise for the day, but it was a struggle and we had some luck on our side. You have to admit the Bucs offense helped our D on many occassion.... whether by Tampa's penalties, slips or dropped easy passes... there's no doubt, we got the breaks. On a positive note, the defensive playcalling was like night and day. Wade can't give that responsibility up as long as he's here. Loved the pressure on Garcia. It was about as consistent as you could hope and he was always on the move and even when we didn't get to him, we were able to pressure him into making bad throws. He pulled some Houdini acts too, but you gotta credit Garcia for his mobility and quick thinking. As much as Bruce Banner wants to blame Garcia for the loss, Garcia wasn't the problem.

Jenkins and Scandrick were active and they really give me great hope that our future at the position is secure. Scandrick looks like one of the best steals of the draft. I mean, a lot of people said that when we drafted him, but when you actually see it happen, it's exciting.

My main gripe with the D was having our corners line up 8-10 yards off the receiver. I'm really surprised we weren't exploited there more often. I haven't noticed us playing like that earlier... Do we always do that?

Overall the D kept us in the game, but the game ball goes to Marion Barber for making something out of nothing and showing the most heart on the team today.
                Well, pretty clear to me that taking out Roy from SS and Henry from CB is an improvement. We'll be tested next week in NY. Pray for a monsoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Well, it's nice to see that the sky isn't falling anymore. I'll never cease to be amazed by the quick trigger doubters, but hey, that's to be expected, I guess.

I think the issue with the CB's lining up so far back has to be put on the coaching staff. I can't believe that their doing that on their own accord.

Comment

• I'm real happy with Jenkins and Scandrick.

Still very disappointed in the play calling on defense.

If we would have lost at the end everyone would be singing a different tune about the 10 yard cushion. It's still there. WTF? Even the commentators were saying "I see no benefit in playing guys off that far"

We gave up way too many easy passes. 2 and 10 was basically guaranteed to be 3rd and short because we gave up the inside all day.

That being said, I loved what the players did. I thought they played as good as they could have played within the scheme, even If I don't think the scheme was the greatest.

Mike Jenkins especially looked like he gained 300% confidence in this game, Scandrick wasn't far behind.

Brad Johnson is terrible. Don't know how many times I saw T.O. open on shorter crossing routes where Brad still chose to check down to Barber.

He's got checkdown in his mind before he even drops back. He doesn't even give the WR's a chance. He missed multiple easy throws, most notably when he missed T.O. on 2nd and Roy W on 3rd for consecutive would-have-been 1st downs.

Barber looks ugly on the stat sheet but really had a game. He and Columbo brought life to the offense. Columbo is a guy we need to keep. Especially with the money we have been so quick to give to others. He just gives the line some attitude.

I hate Bradie still but he played good today. He and Zack kept the D pumped up.

We're going to need to eliminate the short passes to hang with NYG. Steve Smith and Amani Toomer will eat us alive underneath if we don't. Offense also needs to play better than they did today.

At a minimum, we will be coming out of the bye at 5-4, which is ok but 6-3 and taking a win over the Giants into the bye would spring board us into dominance.

EDIT: Greg Ellis still licks my balls
                    Last edited by Burns336; 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Bradie James is a moron. He literally gave Tampa a time out at the end of the game.

Get off the damn field and cry about your panty injuries.

Comment

• Would you trade Jenkins for Talib?

Trying to spark some convo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                          Would you trade Jenkins for Talib?

Trying to spark some convo.
                          The guys here can testify that I didn't like Talib in the draft and I'll admit he's doing well. But I loved Jenkins in the draft and I would still draft him ahead of Talib if the option was there. There's no reason to make a trade. I get that you're proud of the guy, but he's made his fair share of mistakes so far this season. That doesn't make him a bad player, he's learning. Good thing about him though is that he seems to make up for his mistakes... he can't reverse the TDs that he gives up, but he does come back with a key break ups and stuff like that and overall does a steady job. Jenkins hasn't had the same amount of reps that Talib has had because Newman and Henry have started over him, but what I've seen of him so far, makes me feel at ease with the CB position. I like that he could even play Safety if needed.

Comment

• Thing about Talib is he is exactly where he needs to be, in a Cover 2...It's no surprise he is making plays and getting picks, I felt that was the perfect fit for him, I still think Jenkins was/is a much better fit for our defense but I think both will develop into quality corners...I like the progression from Jenkins, he is going to be something for us.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Thing about Talib is he is exactly where he needs to be, in a Cover 2...It's no surprise he is making plays and getting picks, I felt that was the perfect fit for him, I still think Jenkins was/is a much better fit for our defense but I think both will develop into quality corners...I like the progression from Jenkins, he is going to be something for us.
                              He had no trouble playing man on T.O.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                                He had no trouble playing man on T.O.
                                Romo would have thrown at least 1 if not 2 touchdowns to T.O. when the left Talib on him man up.

Come on man, you saw those passes from BJ. so terrible. Not even catchable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information