Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, Henry and Newman have never both missed a game at the same time. Before last year, Newman had never missed a game, period. Henry, now...he's just a matter of time, so I'm with you there. But Newman's newfound injuryproneness (I just made that word up :) ) is a surprising development to me.

As for Dallas' D this game....I didn't think we played that much more man. But I do think that we were more effective when we did. I don't know that I'd say we played a near perfect game. Rather, we played solidly--considering the circumstances--and the Bucs failed to make good on a few key opportunities.

I do agree about your assessment with the LBs, though, Thule. Both Zach and Brady played their best games to date, and DeMarcus was disruptive all game. He had Garcia in his arms TWICE this game for sacks and the damn guy threw it as he was falling to the ground. If that is Griese, he has two sacks or more. Impressive effort by Jeff.

Our run D is what surprises me. We played as dominant a game vs. the run as I have seen all year long, anywhere, and that TB interior OL, with Sears, Faine and the dude from OK (what's his name again....I'm drawing a blank, but he was their 1st rounder two years back) has been as good as any in football. They got flat dominated by our DL. Ratliff is a joy to watch. The dude better damn well make the Pro Bowl this year. Him and Ware are the only guys that deserve even a mention, but both deserve to be there based on their play YTD.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Why so much "hate" about Jason Garrett?
      I know he has been far from great this year but did we all forget what he was able to do last year? We had the second best offense in the NFL behind probably the best offense of the decade.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        M.O.T.H. talking about Talib? NICE!

A lot of other fans on the Bucs official board said the same thing about that specific play M.O.T.H.. Terrell's eyes were read by Aqib.
        More like Talib read TO's outstretched arms. It was a nice play, but TO had him beat and if any other QB besides Brad Johnson or Chad Pennington throws that ball, TO catches it in stride all the way to the endzone. Because it was underthrown, Talib was able to reach it. That was the one play that stuck out for him the whole game. The announcer commented on that on the replay. So of course it was easy to pick up and discuss. Again, it was a nice play, but they are taught to turn their head around in order to avoid pass interference calls. The fact that he didn't.... let's me know he still has more to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
          Actually, Henry and Newman have never both missed a game at the same time. Before last year, Newman had never missed a game, period.
          I was talking about both of them being healthy at the same time, seems like we only have one or the other as of lately...I'll be interested to see if it happens this year because I've still got my concerns, supposedly Newman is back after the bye but we all know how that goes.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Does Bobby Carpenter ever play in the defensive rotation, or do you guys have the highest picked and highest paid special teams player of all time?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              More like Talib read TO's outstretched arms. It was a nice play, but TO had him beat and if any other QB besides Brad Johnson or Chad Pennington throws that ball, TO catches it in stride all the way to the endzone. Because it was underthrown, Talib was able to reach it. That was the one play that stuck out for him the whole game. The announcer commented on that on the replay. So of course it was easy to pick up and discuss. Again, it was a nice play, but they are taught to turn their head around in order to avoid pass interference calls. The fact that he didn't.... let's me know he still has more to learn.

You're right Dunit, as I said earlier, I was at the game and had a great view of that play. TO had him beat by a couple of steps but the ball was late, underthrown and no zip. When I saw the play developing, I, along with everyone, started to stand up because there was so much daylight between TO and Talib, we were all getting ready to witness a huge play. But that little hesitation TO had to make and having to reach back for the ball was the split second Talib needed.

I will say this about Talib, he looks like a stud. He is huge; so is Piscatelli. Their secondary is full of big rangy guys.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Is anyone else getting a strangely good feeling about this upcoming game?

I mean, I've approached it in my mind as a sure-fire loss, probably even a blowout, and I'm already at peace with that should it happen....but there's just something about the reversal of roles that I see in this matchup. Now, we are the team that is being counted out, the team who noone is giving a chance to win, the team who can come out and play free-and-loose, throwing haymakers and making big plays.

I mean, it happens constantly: the team that is supposed to be completely outmatched comes out and smacks the favored team in the mouth early on. So why not us? Why can't the defense come out and force some big turnovers, or why can't we nail a big play against an unsuspecting secondary?

I am ready for us to get beat down, but I can't shake the feeling that we are going to be a lot better than everyone expects us to be.

Am I alone?
                Originally posted by 21ST
                He was protecting his self
                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                From what? His leg?
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Is anyone else getting a strangely good feeling about this upcoming game?

I mean, I've approached it in my mind as a sure-fire loss, probably even a blowout, and I'm already at peace with that should it happen....but there's just something about the reversal of roles that I see in this matchup. Now, we are the team that is being counted out, the team who noone is giving a chance to win, the team who can come out and play free-and-loose, throwing haymakers and making big plays.

I mean, it happens constantly: the team that is supposed to be completely outmatched comes out and smacks the favored team in the mouth early on. So why not us? Why can't the defense come out and force some big turnovers, or why can't we nail a big play against an unsuspecting secondary?

I am ready for us to get beat down, but I can't shake the feeling that we are going to be a lot better than everyone expects us to be.

Am I alone?
                  I wish I felt like you. I'm getting myself emotionally ready for at least a 2 TD loss. ...AT LEAST that. Probably way more.

Comment

• I'll call the win right here and right now.

Expect to see a few different looks from our Offence in an effort to kill the Giant's lead in the NFC East. The fact that we haven't moved T.O and there have been very little in the way of quick drop passes makes me feel like Garrett is not throwing it all to the wall early. This game is pretty much MUST win for us. I expect him to throw some of that out at an unsuspecting Giant's D who wouldn't have had to gameplan for it given our lack of use of it this year.

Comment

Am I alone?
                      I have to say up until late yesterday I was willing to accept a loss. However, I feel like there is a good fighting chance for us to win. I'm not so worried about Brad Johnson this week, but rather our OL. If they can can keep Brad off of his back and block for Barbarian, then I think we have a great chance at winning.

BTW, when is Felix Jones supposed to be back?

Comment

• I think Felix is back for sure after the bye with Romo, our bye week couldn't of had any better placement.

Through the mid-point how do you guys feel about Barber so far in a feature role? He doesn't look tired to me in the 4th quarter at all evidenced by his 70 yd catch in the STL game at the 2 minute warning in which he had to make a few guys miss...Obviously, he's gonna have a little more kick in the 4th quarter if he is on his 8th carry instead of his 20th but you could say that for any RB, he has still run just as hard late in games as he has early on and that was a legitimate concern for most people.

I think he will be even better with Felix back there for sure because I'm all for lightening his load until playoff time, but I've been very impressed with his effort this year, the fumbles are a concern but I think D-Unit said it best hard to gripe too much when he is playing as hard as he has been...And again with the amount of injuries we have sustained once again we can count on Barber strapping it up like he has since he's been around, you can tell he puts in the extra time in the weight room and the off-season to get his body into shape and it shows.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...f-fortune.html

Mosley's cut -- what I found fascinating is the middle paragraph which sets up this argument ---- B Johnson sucks, everyone NOW knows, Garrett pushed for his friend B Johnson, Jones "agreed," now Jones hates B Johnson and is angry he was "sold" (by Garrett) a bill of goods (Johnson).

Anyway, fodder but I can't believe anyone with two brain cells could say Johnson was any good for anything other than QB Coach. It was a bad decision since 2007 to sign him. But anywa.

Giants 27 - Dallas 10 (sad but ... will be happy to be very wrong. very happy)

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I think Felix is back for sure after the bye with Romo, our bye week couldn't of had any better placement.
                            Um, I think it would have been better this week going into the second half with "fresher" players.

OT, fact Barber got 71 yards last week was pretty damn good considering Brad was in the game.

Comment

Am I alone?
                              Count me in on the "we are going to get our asses beat down boat."

Honestly, if we we're in this position as underdogs with Romo, I could get on the "upset wagon"

But this is Brad Johnson. He is going to get raped. I actually think we lose by 17-21 points.

This is ******** that we are even in this position. We should be going into this game at 6-2 but we chose to completely botch the Rams game. That was inexcusable.

Now we're going to get our asses beat this weekend and be put in a position with very little wiggle room. Tony will only be able to lose 1 or 2 games MAX the rest of the way out.

Comment

• :(
                                Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                Count me in on the "we are going to get our asses beat down boat."

Honestly, if we we're in this position as underdogs with Romo, I could get on the "upset wagon"

But this is Brad Johnson. He is going to get raped. I actually think we lose by 17-21 points.

This is ******** that we are even in this position. We should be going into this game at 6-2 but we chose to completely botch the Rams game. That was inexcusable.

Now we're going to get our asses beat this weekend and be put in a position with very little wiggle room. Tony will only be able to lose 1 or 2 games MAX the rest of the way out.
                                DITTO :(

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information