This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I still believe there are guys in the draft that could give us what we need at NT. Whether it's a traditional NT like Taylor or Raji or a converted DT like Granger, etc... I think we could get one in the draft.
    Evaluating 3-4 NT "prospects" is not an easy thing to do. It really is the hardest position to fill in a 3-4...finding capable Ends isnt the easiest thing either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Eventhough Portis says he's 50-50 for the game on Sunday, I'm not foolish enough to think he'll be out.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Eventhough Portis says he's 50-50 for the game on Sunday, I'm not foolish enough to think he'll be out.

Lets just hope all of our guys are back.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I heard it doesnt look all that good for Felix this week...I dont think he practiced today either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thule, Gabe Watson is a square piece in a round system. Cards have excellent 4-3 personnel and Watson is not a 4-3 DT b/c he lacks quickness. He is however a bull dozer and even at UoM he was misused. At the combines he was quite effective in bull rush situations and even had his way with Nick Mangold. But that is a long time agao in NFL terms.

But count me down for Gabe in FA and maybe another NT type like Raji or Ron Brace. Have not seen a BC game this year but I liked Brace better than Raji. He was bigger and better proportioned. Reminded me of Kris Jenkins. Is he even alive? I have heard nothign of him -- for all I know he is not even playing.

OT: Abram Elam doing quite nicely in NY I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I heard it doesnt look all that good for Felix this week...I dont think he practiced today either.

All hands on deck for all NFC games. We can't afford another loss in the Division. Only the Pitt game is a luxury.

Comment

• We'll take out Pittsburgh... Romo needs to go back to what he was doing last season, rolling out and being mobile. **** trying to clone Brady if your gonna turn the ball over that much. Anyways I'll be happy having him back, not many other QBs out there better than him.
                Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Felix said he will practice Wednesday and expects to play this weekend.

He said they just decided 1 more day of rest would be good.

Comment

• Well, hopefully that is the case. I dont want to rush him back. Sam obviously came back too soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well...this is the game of the year, without a doubt. Win this and, with SF and Seattle coming into Dallas the following two weeks, we are looking at 8-4 going into the final stretch of the season. That would allow us to have a one or two game cushion during that gauntlet of Pitt/NY/Bal/Philly.

If we lose, we're looking at 5-5, and pressure to win basically every week to guarantee a playoff spot. Not just that, but how we look this week will determine whether or not we can "book" the following two games against Seattle and SF. If we play well and win, or at least give the Skins a really tough time, then we should be able to count on wins vs. those two creampuffs. If not....nothing is for sure, and we are probably looking at *gasp* a Cowboy-free January.

It is so surreal that I'm even talking about this.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                        Well...this is the game of the year, without a doubt. Win this and, with SF and Seattle coming into Dallas the following two weeks, we are looking at 8-4 going into the final stretch of the season. That would allow us to have a one or two game cushion during that gauntlet of Pitt/NY/Bal/Philly.

If we lose, we're looking at 5-5, and pressure to win basically every week to guarantee a playoff spot. Not just that, but how we look this week will determine whether or not we can "book" the following two games against Seattle and SF. If we play well and win, or at least give the Skins a really tough time, then we should be able to count on wins vs. those two creampuffs. If not....nothing is for sure, and we are probably looking at *gasp* a Cowboy-free January.

It is so surreal that I'm even talking about this.
                        If we don't win this weekend, we are not tough enough team to overcome in order to make the playoffs.

I was traveling in NY yesterday and overheard a local guy who just ripped the Cowboys for being soft. He called them great front runners who can't win a tight race. All talent and no heart.

Not sure I completely agree but I can see where he would have that opinion after the GMEN mauled us for 200 yards on the ground and we just showed no toughness defenseviely that game. We got the game to 21-14 (or similar) on a TD and promptly gave up a long TD drive.... to his point.

The whole season is Sunday unless we expect all the other "playoff" teams ahead of us to start losing to the likes of the Rams and Arizona.

Comment

• Rating The New Cowboys:

RB Felix Jones - A+ - Has shown that he can run at the NFL level. One of the Fastest guys on the team, has great burst and is averaging 8+ yards per carry.

RB Tashard Choice - B - Hasn't been given the ball enough, but when has hes made plays. Good on Special teams...

WR Danny Amendola - D - (PS) player.

TE Martellus Bennett - B- - Very fast for a tight end has played good, needs to improve his blocking skills. What about converting him to a WR?

CB Mike Jenkins - C+ - Has shown flashes of being a good cornerback. Great speed, hits hard, and plays with passion.

CB Orlando Scandrick - B+ - Done a good job, is extremely fast looks like we got a steal of a pick.

QB Brooks Bollinger - C+ - Threw alot of bad passes, but did make a couple nice throws. Won't be here next season.

WR Roy Williams - B+ - Has seen the ball much but has made a couple nice catches, expect to see him improve with Romo back, hes a keeper.

OL Montrae Holland - C- - The Weakest Link on the OL... Kosier back soon.

LB Zach Thomas - A- - Great tackler has played better than expected.

P Sam Paulescu - B - Not the best leg, but has done a relatively good job. McBriar is the best.
                          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys View Post
                            Rating The New Cowboys:

TE Martellus Bennett - B- - Very fast for a tight end has played good, needs to improve his blocking skills. What about converting him to a WR?

Interesting. I follow the A&M program pretty closely and the book on him coming out of college was that he is very athletic, but not real fast. Was considered a devistating blocker in college for the TE position.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys View Post
                              Rating The New Cowboys:

OL Montrae Holland - C- - The Weakest Link on the OL... Kosier back soon.
                              I've only remember seeing him on one snap since we got him. How is he weakest link if he's never playing?

Comment

• Aside from being new to the team theres a reason hes not playing instead of Proctor. Bennett is pretty fast for a Tight End hes much faster than Witten. Maybe he would turn into a good possesion WR. Probably not but just an idea.
                                Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information