This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    So, it still seems like to me that it's just that one play that determined your entire opinion of him as a hitter. I would just say, try to give him a closer look before coming to the conclusion that he's not a good hitter. He showed great hitting in college so much so that some thought he could be a safety in the NFL.
    Good lord man I already said I think he is going to be a good player. I never said he was a bad hitter or that he was a giant va jay jay. Its just when someone says hard hitter Mike Jenkins isn't a name that rushes to my mind. I haven't been able to watch every Dallas game this year, but the games I have watched I didn't see anything that made me say damn that guy hits like a ton of bricks. Trust me if Jenkins goes out and starts lighting dudes up I will be the first one here admitting that I was wrong. Hell I hope I end up being wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
      Good lord man I already said I think he is going to be a good player. I never said he was a bad hitter or that he was a giant va jay jay. Its just when someone says hard hitter Mike Jenkins isn't a name that rushes to my mind. I haven't been able to watch every Dallas game this year, but the games I have watched I didn't see anything that made me say damn that guy hits like a ton of bricks. Trust me if Jenkins goes out and starts lighting dudes up I will be the first one here admitting that I was wrong. Hell I hope I end up being wrong.
      You get +rep for saying "va jay jay". That had me rollin'. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        You get +rep for saying "va jay jay". That had me rollin'. :D
        LMAO I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it, I haven't even heard that in a minute lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• haha good times

Comment

• I think all this talk about Portis not playing is smoke and mirrors on Zorn's part. I don't think he'll be 100%, but I think he'll play.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              I think all this talk about Portis not playing is smoke and mirrors on Zorn's part. I don't think he'll be 100%, but I think he'll play.
              Really? I think Zorn acting like he may play is a bluff. His injury usually requires 3-4 weeks and he starter the week not being able to straighten his leg.

Why risk further injury to your playoff ticket when he may not even be effective?

Comment

• i took 6 weeks to recover from an MCL. knee brace the whole time, couldn't bend it past 30 degrees until at least a month later. even after 6 weeks it was stiff as hell and would swell up even after light running, it was more like 8 to 9 weeks before i was 100%. but im not a professional football player so who knows.

but the thing with ligaments is, it just takes time. no matter how much of a physical specimen you are, it just takes time. you can't rush ligaments.

Im surprised at how confident everyone is honestly. I will not be shocked to see the Cowboys win, but I don't think its a walk in the park by any means. And I honestly don't think Romo will be the cure all to the Cowboys problems. There were alarming issues before Romo got hurt. Its just that the offensive skill position talent is so good that they were able to win despite those issues.

You can only lose 2 more games. Thats it. Dallas's playoffs start now essentially.

I don't think Jerry helped this team much by opening his mouth about the playoffs either. Thats bulletin board material, and trust me, the Redskins read and heard it. Its that mentality thats the real issue with the Cowboys. They gotta fix that before anything else.

Comment

• Does anyone else believe that Miles Austin needs to see more action? I'd like to see a set with Miles and Roy on the outside with TO and Witten playing the slot. Miles and Roy can stretch the field while TO and Witten work the middle of the field. We can keep a back in the backfield for extra protection. Now that Romo is back, we can start to attack down the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                    Does anyone else believe that Miles Austin needs to see more action? I'd like to see a set with Miles and Roy on the outside with TO and Witten playing the slot. Miles and Roy can stretch the field while TO and Witten work the middle of the field. We can keep a back in the backfield for extra protection. Now that Romo is back, we can start to attack down the field.
                    Why would we use T.O. in the middle of the field? That would make too much sense. Continue sending him deep every play.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I don't think Jerry helped this team much by opening his mouth about the playoffs either. Thats bulletin board material, and trust me, the Redskins read and heard it. Its that mentality thats the real issue with the Cowboys. They gotta fix that before anything else.
                      Anything that anyone says from the Cowboys organization is huge news, sorry but thats BS to me considering that bulletin board material.

The reporter asked a simple question, "Do you see the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs at the end of the season"? Jerry: "Yes, yes I do".

What would you expect him to say, that he highly doubts it? Then that's even bigger news because he doesn't have faith in his own team, stuff like this always gets blown out of proportion...If another team finds motivation from an owner thinking his team will make the playoffs they need help, if they asked Bill Polian the exact same question how do you think he would answer?

But that's not news, Jerry is more interesting and so are the Cowboys, because they can always blow their stories out of hand...I can't believe anyone would find anything wrong with those comments, we are sitting in a good spot to make the playoffs, why on earth would he say anything otherwise?

Comment

• Looks like Roy Williams is now the #2 WR. Good news in my opinion Link
                        Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Anything that anyone says from the Cowboys organization is huge news, sorry but thats BS to me considering that bulletin board material.

The reporter asked a simple question, "Do you see the Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs at the end of the season"? Jerry: "Yes, yes I do".

What would you expect him to say, that he highly doubts it? Then that's even bigger news because he doesn't have faith in his own team, stuff like this always gets blown out of proportion...If another team finds motivation from an owner thinking his team will make the playoffs they need help, if they asked Bill Polian the exact same question how do you think he would answer?

But that's not news, Jerry is more interesting and so are the Cowboys, because they can always blow their stories out of hand...I can't believe anyone would find anything wrong with those comments, we are sitting in a good spot to make the playoffs, why on earth would he say anything otherwise?

i cant agree with you more

Comment

• What do you guys think about this?

It was pretty clear last night that Austin may very well be our most explosive WR. It also appears he may be taking some snaps away from Crayton. I like Crayton and all, but if Austin can do what he does and is much more explosive, isn't Crayton too expensive for a #4?

What could we get for Crayton if the staff decides that they want to go with TO, RW, Austin, Stain & Hurd next year?
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Austin is a RFA next year, it's feasable we could bring him back for a pretty cheap rate, right now he just looks too promising to let go and end up as a starter on another team and flourish on a young team.

I think he has potential to play opposite Roy at some point, Crayton is just another run of the mill WR, I don't like to "hate" on the guy, because he comes up with some big catches for us, but for what he does we can find that with anyone, he won't be too expensive to keep but I don't think we will be interested in keeping him longterm unless its dirt cheap...Austin just provides another threat in the slot Crayton doesn't and even returning punts there is nothing special there, his trade value is non-existant though, you can find guys who do what Crayton does very easily.

Can't say for sure with the other guys but I know we aren't really depending on any of those guys, somebody already mentioned it but at least 2 of our WR's will probably end up in Miami and Austin would likely start instantly for them...They already picked up Lowber last week, I'm sure they would love Hurd, Stanback, Crayton or Austin if they could get their hands on one.

Comment

• Wonder if Miami would give us a 5th for Crayton?
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information