Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
    That would give us tie breakers with Atlanta but not versus Tampa.
    Head to head?

    edit: Nevermind we'd be down one win. carry on

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
      Head to head?

      edit: Nevermind we'd be down one win. carry on

      If we all end up with identical records, the head to head gets tossed I think.

      Point is Tampa is in a good spot b/c of their NFC record. 8-2.

      Comment


      • I can't believe ESPN is talking Eli Manning for MVP. Wow, what hype. New England and Brady last year and GMen this year.

        Comment


        • Pretty wack. SD sucks really bad. I'm pissed because it's looking like 11-5 could be what it takes.

          At least this will keep the team on its toes. No room for error, no time to get complacent.

          Comment


          • Pittsburgh looked better than I thought they would. Oh, I knew their defense was good, but their offense was more opportunistic than I expected. I hope the weather isn't that bad when we're up there.

            Comment


            • FYI, the game was at NE, not at Pitt.

              As for the criticism of Ben, I think everyone should hold off a bit. The guy has had a horrible season. Truly horrible. This year he has not been good. But to call him a glorified game manager is way off base. Coming in to this year, with the exception of the horrible 2006 campaign that started with his motorcycle accident, he had been consistently elite. The guy posted a 100+ passer rating in his rookie year for crying out loud! He is/was the real deal.

              All that said, that offense has not been good this year. This is the type of game that I really, really, really worry about, because that is a team, offensively, that will give you the game if you get in their face. But if we sit back, play it soft and safe, and allow Roeth to hit his stride, it could easily snowball into an ass whooping at our expense. I am legitimately scared.

              This will show me if Wade has even the smallest, most miniscule vestige of his testicles remaining. We need to come out and smack that team in the mouth from the word "go", and never let up until they are a smoldering pile of piss and sh!t lying at midfield. We can get a massive amount of sacks and TOs if we just put our ears back and attack their backfield. But if we let BR have time and get comfortable, we will lose, and it might not even be close.

              I don't think we'll score more than 24 points or so on them. Their defense really is that good. We can't afford to spot them 10 or 14 points, because we won't be able to just go out and get it back at a whim like we can against most teams. This D has got to keep it close, and that is all there is to it. I hope Wade doesn't **** me over again. My heart can only take so much....not to mention my ass.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

              DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • I still don't drink Atlanta kool-aid. I don't see them having a strong december.


                In Bob We Trust

                John Madden's wedding video business

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                Comment


                • FWIW, I agree we have to target 20 - 25 points while holding Pitt to less than. Not that we will but ....

                  DMW, I agree Wade needs to dial up the intensity v Pitt. Pitt could not handle the constant pressure brought by the Eagles and GMen.

                  1) Pitt can not run the ball like years past and Moore is not a game breaker 2) Roeth is mistake prone. 3) Their WR, other than Ward, are long striders who need time to get open.

                  So, I would go aggressively after Roeth with Ellis/Spencer/Ware/Ratliff. Leave Bradie and Zach to go after Moore which should not be an issue for them. Play lots of cover 1 and please do get someone on Heath Miller near the LOS.

                  Offensively we need to get their safeties flowing and throwing v the flow. They over pursue so much but do get to the ball fast once in the air. Don't see much RAC.

                  Running wise: I don't think we will run the ball much but I kind of like Barber running moreso to Harrison's side. Question is whether our Guard/Tackle combo has the foot speed to get the DE and Harrison so as to get them moving sideways in order to open up cut backs opportunities. Felix was the perfect back to get after this D. Sigh.

                  I am excited. Finally a big game for Big D. Cowboys 27 - Pittsburgh 24.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    I still don't drink Atlanta kool-aid. I don't see them having a strong december.
                    I think this boils down to us v Atlanta and they still have us on Tie Breaker so pray for losses. Regardless, they are the weak sister as you state.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                      I still don't drink Atlanta kool-aid. I don't see them having a strong december.
                      They are so overrated. They've had the easiest schedule in the NFL. In my opinion, they've only had 1 quality win and that was against Carolina. They beat teams like San Diego, Chicago, Green Bay and people think they are better than they are, but the fact is those teams have sucked this year. Maybe they were good in previous season's but this season they have sucked. Their other wins come against... DET, KC, NOR and OAk.... all crap teams. They lost against crappy teams too... like Philly and Denver.

                      The media can crown them and Matt Ryan, but they are fakers in my mind.

                      Comment


                      • They are definitely the type of team I would not be surprised to see go 4-12 next year after overachieving this year. They have a solid young base but I think it's safe to say they have overachieved thus far.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                          FWIW, I agree we have to target 20 - 25 points while holding Pitt to less than. Not that we will but ....

                          DMW, I agree Wade needs to dial up the intensity v Pitt. Pitt could not handle the constant pressure brought by the Eagles and GMen.

                          1) Pitt can not run the ball like years past and Moore is not a game breaker 2) Roeth is mistake prone. 3) Their WR, other than Ward, are long striders who need time to get open.

                          So, I would go aggressively after Roeth with Ellis/Spencer/Ware/Ratliff. Leave Bradie and Zach to go after Moore which should not be an issue for them. Play lots of cover 1 and please do get someone on Heath Miller near the LOS.

                          Offensively we need to get their safeties flowing and throwing v the flow. They over pursue so much but do get to the ball fast once in the air. Don't see much RAC.

                          Running wise: I don't think we will run the ball much but I kind of like Barber running moreso to Harrison's side. Question is whether our Guard/Tackle combo has the foot speed to get the DE and Harrison so as to get them moving sideways in order to open up cut backs opportunities. Felix was the perfect back to get after this D. Sigh.

                          I am excited. Finally a big game for Big D. Cowboys 27 - Pittsburgh 24.
                          Yep. We need to dial up the blitzes against Pitt. Good point guys.

                          Big Ben is not having a great year, but he still can make plays. IMO, he's no longer just a bus driver QB. He can be sacked on 1st and 2nd down and still make a big play on 3rd down. I guess that's what I'm saying. I don't see him allowing this game to get out of hand on account of his own mistakes.

                          Pit CAN run. I saw Willie Parker last night and he looked like a shot out of a cannon. I'm afraid of what he will do against our porous run D.

                          3 keys to the game on offense.

                          1. Romo has to play mistake free. 2 INTs and we lose.
                          2. Barber needs to be apart of the game plan. He cannot be forgotten.
                          3. We need to stick with our 2 TE passing attack.

                          3 keys to the game on defense.

                          1. Stick with our man coverage scheme in the secondary with T-New on Holmes... Don't bite on play action.
                          2. Keep 8 in the box to support the run D. Bradie and Zach need to show up to play.
                          3. Implement heavy blitz plays... Safety blitz, corner blitz, ILB blitz... open up the defensive playbook.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                            They are definitely the type of team I would not be surprised to see go 4-12 next year after overachieving this year. They have a solid young base but I think it's safe to say they have overachieved thus far.
                            I agree they're really overachiving, just like the Jets during Mangini first year. I don't like their defense and their secondary is garbage. Matt Ryan is playing good but I think their offense would collapse against a good pass rushing team.


                            In Bob We Trust

                            John Madden's wedding video business

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                              FWIW, I agree we have to target 20 - 25 points while holding Pitt to less than. Not that we will but ....

                              DMW, I agree Wade needs to dial up the intensity v Pitt. Pitt could not handle the constant pressure brought by the Eagles and GMen.

                              1) Pitt can not run the ball like years past and Moore is not a game breaker 2) Roeth is mistake prone. 3) Their WR, other than Ward, are long striders who need time to get open.

                              So, I would go aggressively after Roeth with Ellis/Spencer/Ware/Ratliff. Leave Bradie and Zach to go after Moore which should not be an issue for them. Play lots of cover 1 and please do get someone on Heath Miller near the LOS.

                              Offensively we need to get their safeties flowing and throwing v the flow. They over pursue so much but do get to the ball fast once in the air. Don't see much RAC.

                              Running wise: I don't think we will run the ball much but I kind of like Barber running moreso to Harrison's side. Question is whether our Guard/Tackle combo has the foot speed to get the DE and Harrison so as to get them moving sideways in order to open up cut backs opportunities. Felix was the perfect back to get after this D. Sigh.

                              I am excited. Finally a big game for Big D. Cowboys 27 - Pittsburgh 24.
                              And what was Romo's first game back at Washington? Seemed pretty big to me. :o




                              The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                              Comment


                              • Yeah, that Washington game was huge. Kept us alive. This game is not a live or die game. Therefore it has less importance. However, it is a big game because they are the Steelers and winning almost guarantees us a WC spot, imo. We'll be sitting at 9-4 and lookin' pretty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information