Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's almost impossible to find actual NFL clips on youtube at the moment. NFL.com must be on them like glue. Still NFL.com should have that clip somewhere on there site.

    Comment


    • Modano had a bunch of videos deleted on there. Sucks.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • Ya Modano would of had better footage then anything on youtube had it not all got deleted, the quality is crap but we saw it live before so use your imagination for the silver blur lol...I wouldn't doubt it gets taken down before the seasons over.


        EDIT: I edited the original post but this quality is 3x better.
        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 12-03-2008, 11:58 PM.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Modano had a bunch of videos deleted on there. Sucks.
          Yep. I'm done with NFL highlights videos. Hours of work for nothing because they come as soon as possible and delete them. But I'm working on a Xmas video right now lol :D


          In Bob We Trust

          John Madden's wedding video business

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

          Comment


          • good stuff, Modano.

            Anyway, a little info on Sunday's game...It's going to be ugly as hell. A high of 29 w/ snow and freezing rain on one of the worst fields in the league.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • I feel bad jumping in on this topic when it has been laid to rest....but I feel obligated to get a word in now haha.

              What exactly are we debating. I've read about three different things. So I'll just start off by saying.....Barber is going to wear down? Before his contract is up? Because if that is what your stance is MOTH I'm going to have to jump on the otherside. It's not like we are talking about a guy who needs have elite quickness/speed....hell I'd be worried about a guy like Felix Jones wearing down before a guy like Barber.

              We are talking about a guy who makes his living bouncing off shoulders in the hole and pushing the perimeter to the outside. Not someone who needs to get an angle to take it all the way. Sure it's easy to say powerbacks get more injured than regular backs....but this is MB3's first major injury from my memory and he still isn't going to miss the game. I guess I don't understand the debate. MB3 will be just as affective 3 years down the road in my mind than he is today...because is 3 years down the road the ammount of hits isn't going to translate into taking away what he does best which is breaking tackles.

              Comment


              • For the record I wouldn't leave either of our rookies in the pass block unless I had too...both guys aren't ready to block one on one situations in passing downs. They both overextend or get to anxious to get their cut off....both of them need work and patience.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  good stuff, Modano.

                  Anyway, a little info on Sunday's game...It's going to be ugly as hell. A high of 29 w/ snow and freezing rain on one of the worst fields in the league.
                  I'm not used to Fahrenheit degrees... 29 fahrenheit means -2 celsius... it snows when the temperature is under 0 celsius so there's any chance it won't snow?


                  In Bob We Trust

                  John Madden's wedding video business

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                  Comment


                  • 32degree's is the freezing temp in the states.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thule View Post
                      32degree's is the freezing temp in the states.
                      So 32 = 0...
                      When was the last time we played under the snow?


                      In Bob We Trust

                      John Madden's wedding video business

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                      Comment




                      • Something for the US and non-US located fans.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by thule View Post
                          I feel bad jumping in on this topic when it has been laid to rest....but I feel obligated to get a word in now haha.

                          What exactly are we debating. I've read about three different things. So I'll just start off by saying.....Barber is going to wear down? Before his contract is up? Because if that is what your stance is MOTH I'm going to have to jump on the otherside. It's not like we are talking about a guy who needs have elite quickness/speed....hell I'd be worried about a guy like Felix Jones wearing down before a guy like Barber.

                          We are talking about a guy who makes his living bouncing off shoulders in the hole and pushing the perimeter to the outside. Not someone who needs to get an angle to take it all the way. Sure it's easy to say powerbacks get more injured than regular backs....but this is MB3's first major injury from my memory and he still isn't going to miss the game. I guess I don't understand the debate. MB3 will be just as affective 3 years down the road in my mind than he is today...because is 3 years down the road the ammount of hits isn't going to translate into taking away what he does best which is breaking tackles.
                          The topic could be viewed as a little confusing. I was mostly basing everything off of him being an every down back. I wasnt talking about when Felix comes back to relieve some of the pressure. Do I think Marion will still be as effective in three years? If used correctly, yes. I was just pointing out that he does indeed have a much larger chance to wear down than other backs. Just like all the smaller power backs before him that have had short careers. Marion doesnt have the body type to sustain these hits for a long period of time...I assure you he is feeling everything. You say he's breaking these tackles and not feeling anything from it? Not at all...everytime he lays a hit or breaks a tough tackle the guy is feeling these hits and Marion does get hit a lot. Because, of his style he takes on more defenders and thus takes more shots than other backs getting a lot more carries. If history tells us anything it's that these type of backs just do not last long. It's fact. They begin to get little "minor" injuries that just continue to wear them down in due time because, of their continued bruising style. It's been that way since the league was formed. My point I was getting at is that he is best used in a platoon. He'd be much more effective and would have a longer career...because, if he were to carry the load year after year, he wouldnt last.

                          As for his injuries to date...cracked/bruised ribs and a dislocated toe. Now, I dont think he's anywhere close to wearing down yet but, these type of injuries are the ones that end up killing the power back.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-04-2008, 12:59 PM.

                          Thanks BoneKrusher^

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            So 32 = 0...
                            When was the last time we played under the snow?

                            Geez, I can't even remember the last time we played in snow. The "Oh-no-Leon-Lett" Thanksgiving game leaps to mind, but surely we have had to play in snow since then. It's been cold here in Dallas the last two days, but the weather is very clear, so it's not exactly simulating Pittsburgh game conditions.

                            Comment


                            • Cowboys/Skins it was snowing/raining last year. Romo with the gloves...yuck.

                              Thanks BoneKrusher^

                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

                              Comment


                              • The weather definitely plays against our odds. I LOVE IT!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information